NFL 2018 NFL Draft - 27/04/2018 [No Twitter Spoilers]

Remove this Banner Ad

You havent watched enough college. Citing Jackson stats is wrong. 1. Even if he was better than last year doesnt mean he’s a top 5 pick (have a look at the qbs who have won a heismen...) and 2. Stats are often misleading. Having better stats doesnt mean he had a better season.

I remember people having similar gripes about Watson 12 months ago. Do those same people point to an injury in practice now and say "i told you so" ?

As Blacky said, he passes the eye test. Im not saying he will be or should be a top 5 pick, i just think he will be a good NFL QB.

I remember people having similar gripes about Watson 12 months ago. Do those same people point to an injury in practice now and say "i told you so" ?

As Blacky said, he passes the eye test. Im not saying he will be or should be a top 5 pick, i just think he will be a good NFL QB.

If Watson can never be what he was before, then they can. I thought he was the best QB in the draft. but doubted his body could hold up.
I just dont trust mobile QB's. Other than Wilson they have been wildly inconstant, get hurt or both.

Jackson will be the QB most likely to make a impact first in the NFL. but dont see him still doing it in 5 years. throwing 40 times a game and running 20 times is worrying. Scouts worry about RB's who take too many hits in college about lasting in the NFL. and the speed and hits are faster and harder in the NFL, and everyone on D puts that little bit extra on a QB when they get a free shot.

I think Darnold could be a solid starter, but never elite. I project him to be somewhere between Bortles and McCown. He will plug a hole for a few years, might get his team into a playoff game, but never a QB that will less his team on a run or make a pro bowl. I have serious concerns over his ability to throw into wide routes. A lot of his gains are through the middle, which while effective, is easier for coordinators to plug and force him wide. And I just don't trust him to nail a throw down the sideline into single coverage, let alone double.

Mason Rudolph is the sleeper in the draft. In the right situation, he could be a top 10 quarterback on the league. I really like his arm strength and touch on medium/long throws. His combination with Washington was tantalising. Put him at Cincinnati with Green and Ross, and he will light it up. I've never seen a QB lean on solid receivers as much as Rudolph, but, if he has the right talent around him, I think he will thrive. There's a big gap between his best and worst, but unlike many prospects, it's easy to identify what makes him thrive. Cincinatti would be absolutely ideal for him.
Mason Rudolph makes poor decisions too often. Nice arm and all but he’s played in a simple system with good receivers. Cant see him succeeding at all in the pros.

Mason Rudolph makes poor decisions too often. Nice arm and all but he’s played in a simple system with good receivers. Cant see him succeeding at all in the pros.
Hence why said his career is very much dependent on the receivers he has, moreso than any other quarterback I have ever seen at college. At Cincinatti, Denver, the Giants or even Jacksonville- I reckon he will be a very good player and light it up. But if he is brought into Seattle or Miami, even as a backup, he will struggle mightily. He's a simple player, but he can really throw the ball and often makes the right decision. I completely understand your concerns though, he relied on Washington far too often at OSU.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, UCLA QB Josh Rosen prefers to play for the Giants and would be "hesitant to come out in next year's draft" if the Browns pursue him with the first overall pick.

Rosen is still deciding whether to enter the upcoming draft, where he would likely be a first-round selection. Per Schefter, he wants no part of the Browns, however, and may be tempted to return to UCLA for his senior year if it meant avoiding Cleveland. ESPN's Todd McShay projects Rosen as the No. 1 pick while Mel Kiper has him at No 4. The winless Browns are a lock to draft a quarterback after missing on Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson the past two years.

Source: ESPN.com

Wyoming redshirt junior QB Josh Allen has declared for the 2018 NFL draft.

Allen made the decision after Wyoming's bowl win over Central Michigan. This was fully expected despite Allen coming off a down year — throwing for just 1,800 yards and a 16:6 TD/INT ratio (56% completion-percentage) in the Mountain West. Allen (6'5/240) has prototype size and measurables, drawing comparisons to Carson Wentz. He's one of the top quarterbacks in this year's draft.

Source: ProFootballTalk on NBCSports.com

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, UCLA QB Josh Rosen prefers to play for the Giants and would be "hesitant to come out in next year's draft" if the Browns pursue him with the first overall pick.

Rosen is still deciding whether to enter the upcoming draft, where he would likely be a first-round selection. Per Schefter, he wants no part of the Browns, however, and may be tempted to return to UCLA for his senior year if it meant avoiding Cleveland. ESPN's Todd McShay projects Rosen as the No. 1 pick while Mel Kiper has him at No 4. The winless Browns are a lock to draft a quarterback after missing on Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson the past two years.

Source: ESPN.com
another Elisha scenario?

Speaking Tuesday, UCLA QB Josh Rosen said he would be willing to fall in the draft if it meant winding up with the right team.

"I’d rather be a lower pick at the right team than a higher at the wrong team," Rosen said. There has been speculation that Rosen would try to force himself away from the Browns at No. 1 overall, a la Eli Manning in 2004. These comments won't exactly tamp that down. The reality is, if the Browns want Rosen, there's little he can do to force his way elsewhere. That is, short of staying in school for another year. The junior has yet to announce his plans.

Source: Josh Weinfuss on Twitter

Really Cleveland should be looking at Allen as he is a proven player in weather conditions similar to Cleveland and the other AFC North teams.
There are rumours that they are.

It’s going to be really interesting after they’ve distanced themselves from Rosen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monster game today by top WR prospect from Texas A and M christian kirk.

Seen as a 2nd round pick might have put himself into the late 1st today with a huge bowl game 189 yards and 3 tds.
I’ll take him in Carolina

This is a spicy take compared to the usual
I've been on Allen as a high prospect for two years. I have watched almost every Wyoming game in that time and didn't miss a single one in the 2017 season. His passing ability is electric. Everybody talks of him as being alike Big Ben but I don't see it. Big Ben is generational in his mobility and I actually see Allen as a better pure passer. I haven't seen anybody else make the comparison but I see him as being very similar to Matthew Stafford. His pocket presence and awareness has improved tenfold over the past year and he's looking after his body better than ever.

I put my hand up that sometimes i let stats tell me a story ...

But to me for a qb to be in the mountain west with a career completion rate of 56% and be touted as top of a draft class is a bit scary.

As i mentioned earlier...3 games with less than 100 passing yards, and when he lost talent this season he only averaged 164 yards per game...on the flip side of the fact about talent around him regressing..he got to face against some pretty easy defenses.

To me i dont see number 1 pick. ( personally from what ive seen its borderline 1st round pick)

Josh Allen reminds me a lot of Nick Foles. Josh Rosen is a very technically proficient QB, well-schooled, reminds me of Jared Goff. Sam Darnold is a wild man, has that x-factor, reminds me of Kenny Stabler, scraping his way thru, and amazing pocket presence. Am I wrong? What are your impressions of these three QBs?
Amazing pocket presence!?

Josh Allen reminds me a lot of Nick Foles. Josh Rosen is a very technically proficient QB, well-schooled, reminds me of Jared Goff. Sam Darnold is a wild man, has that x-factor, reminds me of Kenny Stabler, scraping his way thru, and amazing pocket presence. Am I wrong? What are your impressions of these three QBs?

Haha yeh Darnolds pocket presence was terrible today...although to be fair the buck eye front 7 was living in his pocket today. He isnt NFL ready. I think he should stay in school.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back