NFL 2018 NFL Draft - 27/04/2018 [No Twitter Spoilers]

Remove this Banner Ad

I seriously don't think anyone can predict the order of the top 4 or 5 or 6 this year.

It's can go so many different ways.

It ALL depends on Browns #1. They can think we won't miss out on ONE of the QBs (they might not be in love with one in particular if they go this route, but feel all four or five of the top QBs are fairly even).
They're picking Darnold. There's no way they pass on the QB they want and they want him

They're picking Darnold. There's no way they pass on the QB they want and they want him
If they're in love with a QB sure, they'll take him #1. Then it gets a little easier to predict.
But they might feel Darnold, Allen, Rosen are fairly even in terms of development or ceiling, and they like them all, so take Barkley 1 and whomever is left at 4.

top-rated USC QBs have a history too of busting or being mediocre in the NFL.

I think Browns rate Josh Allen higher than Darnold personally. Just from knowing that Dorsey and Hue Jackson both loved Wentz, and Allen is the "next Wentz".
Darnold is there dude. I think they've made that loud and clear

Remember....the Jets traded up to #3 specifically because the rumor was the Browns would go Barkley at 1 then Allen at 4. Because the Jets like Allen as much as the Browns. So forcing the Browns to take Allen 1 or miss out on him. And thus run the risk of losing out on Barkley at 4 because the Giants could take him at 2. Jets putting a spanner in the works.

So now, Browns will be forced to take Allen 1 and fingers crossed Barkley is there at 4. If not, they could feel just as happy taking anyone else they rate as high there like Nelson or Chubb, say.

Four QBs in the first round would also be a new record. So it could be all shenanigans the pre-draft analysis.

For instance, someone like Mayfield could go early 2nd for instance.

Darnold and Rosen could go in the top 4, Allen in the mid-teens, then Mayfield in the early 2nd. With actual GMs (not analysts) grading all kinds of other players higher -- Tackles, Guards, Ends, Linebackers, Defensive Backs.

Remember....the Jets traded up to #3 specifically because the rumor was the Browns would go Barkley at 1 then Allen at 4. Because the Jets like Allen as much as the Browns. So forcing the Browns to take Allen 1 or miss out on him. And thus run the risk of losing out on Barkley at 4 because the Giants could take him at 2. Jets putting a spanner in the works.

So now, Browns will be forced to take Allen 1 and fingers crossed Barkley is there at 4. If not, they could feel just as happy taking anyone else they rate as high there like Nelson or Chubb, say.
Jets traded up to 3 to get Mayfield/Rosen before the Broncos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As for the Raiders....

we've invested so many high picks at CB and DB over the last few years, no way we double-dip so soon on someone like Ward. Gruden will be tasked to make all our high DB picks in recent years work. We already drafted the #1 rated CB last year (Conley) who was injured all year.

Raiders priority is pass rush, and run-stuffing NT.

Vea could be there for us, but I think we're more likely to take Edmunds as a pass-rushing LB, or Davenport or Landry.

Jets traded up for Allen. Thus forcing the Browns to take Allen. But the Jets will be happy because Rosen should be there still. Who is the more pro-ready QB. But Im saying originally the Browns probably felt comfortable taking Barkley at 1 knowing Allen would be there at 4.
Browns don't want Allen. They want Darnold. So they're going to take him #1.

Jets don't want Allen. They want Mayfield. So they traded up ahead of Denver who ALSO want Mayfield.

Broncos arent taking a QB in the 1st round. They'll look at one of the 2nd/3rd tier guys like Rudolph, Jackson, etc in the 2nd round.
Broncos are not taking a QB in the 2nd round. If they don't take one in the 1st round it will be a wait until they get one.

They are drafting whichever of Mayfield/Rosen that the Jets don't draft.

Unless the Giants take Rosen, and then they'll take Nelson or Barkley depending on who's there.

Four QBs in the first round would also be a new record. So it could be all shenanigans the pre-draft analysis.

For instance, someone like Mayfield could go early 2nd for instance.

Darnold and Rosen could go in the top 4, Allen in the mid-teens, then Mayfield in the early 2nd. With actual GMs (not analysts) grading all kinds of other players higher -- Tackles, Guards, Ends, Linebackers, Defensive Backs.

No chance Mayfield lasts until the 2nd, be very surprised he doesn’t go top dozen.

There's so many top players with first round grades that are not QBs. It's very unlikely twenty eight QBs go in the first round let alone the top 10

Teams are shitting themselves, can’t win without a QB. Look at some of the contracts given last couple of weeks.

You look at talented teams this season without QBs such as Broncos, Packers, Texans that struggled with either 3 s**t QBs or injured starters. 3-4 will go top 10, where maybe a few years ago they (of that talent level) wouldn’t have.

U. of Michigan QB John O'Korn who threw 2 TDs and 6 INT's last season, on being the most NFL-ready QB in the draft:

“Honestly, I think I’m the most NFL-ready quarterback in this draft just as far as terminology, and knowing what to do on a day-to-day basis, game-planning,” O’Korn said. “I was part of the game-plan meetings with coach Harbaugh, coach [Pep] Hamilton, the whole staff, coach [Tim] Drevno, all last fall, so just on a day-to-day basis what it takes to be an NFL quarterback, I think I would choose myself over any other guy in this draft in that regard.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back