Opinion 2018 Non-Crows Discussion - Part 3: Everybody Hurts by R.E.M is our new club theme song

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every person who delivers water out on the field are trainers in the AFL. You don't get the job without those qualifications.
Cool.... I had read somewhere it was a waterboy... so it wasn't a runner. Whatever I read (can't remember now), said that waterboys can provide water at all times to players but must clear the area immediately if instructed to do so. Runners don't get that. They just can't be in the clear zone or it's an automatic 50. That's my understanding.

The point is, change merely for the sake of change (which is essentially what Kennet is saying, and which it appears some people on here blindly advocate) is a terrible idea.

However, changing to a better option, because you have logically identified deficiencies and believe change will rectify these deficiencies, is a good idea.
If you don't consider change then neither do you look for deficiencies

So Caro mentions on Footy Classified there is a little bit of friction between Port admin and Kern.

Sounds plausible.

Then you look at who produces FC, JamTV. Then see PAFC Board Member Cos Cardone pretty much runs that company.

Seems to me Caro has been fed a line by Cardone to appease the Lemming Tealsters that the Board and KT are well aware the public are not happy with Kerns performance (and the three year extension) and stern words are happening behind the scenes. Caro is merely the mouthpiece and doing as her employer tells her to do.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Heard Cos speak at my MBA course several years ago and was surprised at how he took their whole ‘ turnaround ‘ to be due to Koch and board and really gave zero credit to Thomas or kern. Was actually a little derogatory to both. I walked away thinking board and management were not really on the same page.

Change should be driven because you identify deficiencies, not the other way around.

Otherwise you are looking for reasons to justify your preconceived decision.
Your last sentence has a lot of merit. I would hope the club or driver of change is better than that

The idea of timed change doesnt necessarily mean you change ; just that you are aware of the need to consider it.

Also how'd your mate feel about Norwood's 2014 flag seeing they beat the Power reserves to do it.
Didn’t really ask him, it’s no different to be being happy Sturt beat Adelaide in ‘16 Prelim to win the GF. Footy in SA is complicated.
The issue isn’t with people like he or I, it’s with Port supporters that think there’s a difference between my circumstance of supporting Adelaide in the AFL and Sturt in the SANFL. They’ll argue that I must be confused when I watch Sturt play Adelaide. Yet when I point out to some Port supporters that the very same issue occurs with Power supporters who barrack for North, Norwood or Sturt in the SANFL. Their reaction is always, “nah mate caus’ Ports maaate!”

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any "Norwood" fan that follows the Power isn't a real Legs fan in my book.
The biggest reason this has happened with a few supporters of other SANFL clubs is they thought Port were going to be all conquering in the AFL like the SANFL. They wanted to be on a winner and thought it was a sure train to forever football happiness in the big league. A couple even admitted that to me. It was the chance to change teams as an adult without actually changing teams.

Joke is on them because Port have been the focus of many an embarrassment and joke in the AFL.

Didn’t really ask him, it’s no different to be being happy Sturt beat Adelaide in ‘16 Prelim to win the GF. Footy in SA is complicated.
The issue isn’t with people like he or I, it’s with Port supporters that think there’s a difference between my circumstance of supporting Adelaide in the AFL and Sturt in the SANFL. They’ll argue that I must be confused when I watch Sturt play Adelaide. Yet when I point out to some Port supporters that the very same issue occurs with Power supporters who barrack for North, Norwood or Sturt in the SANFL. Their reaction is always, “nah mate caus” Ports maaate!”
I have a lifetime of Sturt and a moment of Adelaide in the SANFL

No disrespect but I see and hope the Adelaide SANFL side stay and be a development side. If they manage to win a flag doing that great, but I dont ever want winning a SANFL flag to take the focus away from the AFL side

Not that any team would do that ;)

Cool.... I had read somewhere it was a waterboy... so it wasn't a runner. Whatever I read (can't remember now), said that waterboys can provide water at all times to players but must clear the area immediately if instructed to do so. Runners don't get that. They just can't be in the clear zone or it's an automatic 50. That's my understanding.

Nope, they have the same rules as the runners about position etc. At times they are not allowed in the forward/back line depending on what is happening during play/stoppage depending on where the ball is.

That's clearly incorrect, based on the rules above. Any club official in the protected area should be 50m.

As much as I don't want it to happen. I think Port will get one win which should be enough to make finals. Either Collingwood will have an off game due to their injuries getting the better of them, or Essendon will falter at Adelaide oval after winning the tough match against Richmond or losing the game against Richmond then they'll have nothing to play for.

As much as I don't want it to happen. I think Port will get one win which should be enough to make finals. Either Collingwood will have an off game due to their injuries getting the better of them, or Essendon will falter at Adelaide oval after winning the tough match against Richmond or losing the game against Richmond then they'll have nothing to play for.

Port can miss the finals if they only win one game.

If Sydney and Melbourne both win 1 game out of their next two and Geelong win both their games then Port will finish 9th if they only win one game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back