2018 non-freo nonsense (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the Hawthorn - Melbourne game, the cameras cut to Buckley watching from the stands.
Sitting in front of him was Scott McLaren the ex umpire dressed in brown shirt, brown jumper and brown cap.
Confirmation of umpiring fraternity bias for Hawthorn over a long time?
I'm pretty sure McLaren was the umpire named by James Hird on the Footy Show many years ago.

During the Hawthorn - Melbourne game, the cameras cut to Buckley watching from the stands.
Sitting in front of him was Scott McLaren the ex umpire dressed in brown shirt, brown jumper and brown cap.
I'm pretty sure McLaren was the umpire named by James Hird on the Footy Show many years ago.

Once Margetts, Farmer, Williamson, Rosebury and Dalgleish finish they’ll go back to wearing their canary yellow and blue too.

Anyone that thinks umpires are totally neutral are delusional.

**** Bill Monahan is a good coach!!!

I doubt he’ll get it but I’ve heard a whisper that he’s thrown his hat in the ring to replace Chris Bond.

Turning around a 98 point loss within the space of 2 weeks is seriously impressive.

He’s also from a teaching background and I think had a part time role with Freo in the early 2000s.

Spot on.

His son was next to him, resplendent in Hawks colours.

Can't believe i'll be cheering for the Cardies in next weeks grand final!!!

Go West Perth!!

I can't believe we're not in it. I was already fantasising about being the ones to topple the exalted-ones from their perch for the first time all year and win the 'against the odds' premiership. :largeredcircle::mwcirlce::largeredcircle::mwcirlce::brokenheart:

Ah well, I hope we'll have a double-celebration next weekend of :largebluecircle::largeredcircle:...

"It's a grand old flag, it's a high flying flag
It's the emblem for me and for you...
It's the emblem of, the team we (kind of) love
The team of the red and the blue..."

(Best footy song there is FWIW)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can you not punish a side that has 19 men on the field for 5 minutes and wins by less than score in that time? And in a SANFL prelim too.

At least in tbe NEAFL it was only for a minute and no score was registered.

The NEAFL did have a head count though didn’t they? Once that happens and you’re found to have too many on the field, you’re normally penalised by having your score wiped.

The NEAFL did have a head count though didn’t they? Once that happens and you’re found to have too many on the field, you’re normally penalised by having your score wiped.
It is an option. However as Southport were 10 goals up and they had been playing for just 20 seconds with no score they treated it as thus.

The decision was made in accordance with NEAFL rule 5.16.a.e:

Where a player does not enter the playing field in accordance with these Rules, the Match Manager and/or field umpire(s) must report the circumstances to the AFL. Time and scores at the time of the breach are to be recorded. The AFL may determine the matter by way of fine, reversal of Match result or other sanction as it deems appropriate.

In line with this rule, the NEAFL determined that the breach had no material impact on the outcome of the game and the score should stand.

The final score was Southport 14.6 (90) defeated Sydney 5.5 (35).

Should make this a standing offer on the demons board. Most of us I think would go to stick it to west coast

I lost half my teeth and got sleeve tatts last week as a temporary Collingwood supporter
Feel free to come onto our board and ask, there’s plenty of people willing to hand over barcodes to temporary Demons.

Shove it up the budgies too which is great

Feel free to come onto our board and ask, there’s plenty of people willing to hand over barcodes to temporary Demons.

Shove it up the budgies too which is great

Tickets are $100 at least, so you'd really have to hate the budgies a shitload.
I hate the budgies but I aint spending $100 to listen to the boos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back