2018 pre season

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry I work for a living but you know it’s not that difficult to press record instead of take a picture you know

Yeah Rip just turned up between his unemployment payments with his several-thousand-dollar camera setup that he materialised.

I look forward to the highlights package of matchplay that he edits in his video editor in the rest of his spare time ... but I won't accept it after midnight on the same night as the training takes place.

Yeah Rip just turned up between his unemployment payments with his several-thousand-dollar camera setup that he materialised.

I look forward to the highlights package of matchplay that he edits in his video editor in the rest of his spare time ... but I won't accept it after midnight on the same night as the training takes place.

I heard J.N Productions are heading the soundtrack. Please confirm.

Not noticing a lot of unlisted players amongst this lot. Can you point to which photo?
Three of last year’s academy top agers have been ‘topping up’ at training: Billy Johnson, Ben Sloan and Jai Keneally. I think Johnson is the well tanned one.

Billy counting his nibbles
fisherman-fish-8cw.jpg

Mr Ripper you are...well...a bloody RIPPER!

Also, as much as I want to see Archie get a good go this year Im more excited by Oscar...Kid looks like he could be a huge asset for us when Stef hangs up the boots!

Was lucky enough to be presented with a Guernsey by Oscar after the last home game last year and have a chat with him. Absolute ripper of a bloke. A total awkward lovable goofball. Really hope he makes it.

Was lucky enough to be presented with a Guernsey by Oscar after the last home game last year and have a chat with him. Absolute ripper of a bloke. A total awkward lovable goofball. Really hope he makes it.
I had a chat with him recently and yes, he is a lovable goofball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/th...n/news-story/3e6513be1eb0836476836e7a20646bc0

BRISBANE LIONS

Most Likely: Pick 1 Cam Rayner has been touted as one of the best prospects to come through the draft system into AFL level. His strength, contested ball and marking ability was among the best in the draft class. Once he continues to improve on his endurance, who knows where Rayner can take his footy. Zac Bailey is another promising first-round pick to watch out for. The big-bodied 181cm midfielder is ready to use his power and speed upon the rest of the competition once he gets a senior call-up. Brandon Starcevich will definitely get a senior call-up in this youthful Lions list, with his aggression around the ball on display for WA in the Under 18 national carnival and the WAFL colts’ finals series.

Wait and See: Toby Wooller was a standout last year, winning the Oakleigh Chargers’ best-and-fairest. Wooller might spend some time in the NEAFL before getting the call-up to the senior team, with some room to move in Brisbane’s forward line set-up. Corey Lyons is still trying to find his feet, but was an integral part of Brisbane’s NEAFL grand final win against Sydney last year. Jack Payne, a Lions Academy graduate, is a big-bodied tall defender who can match it with the opposition’s best tall forwards. Connor Ballenden is said to have one of the best kicks among the 2017 draft pool, with his two goals helping Brisbane in the NEAFL Grand Final.

Rookies: Cian Hanley, Matthew Eagles, Mitchell Hinge and Oscar McInerney

Running men: Who's your club's endurance king?
There might be some conjecture about the Lions' top runner, with Irishman Cian Hanley upsetting the club's usual endurance king Nick Robertson in the 2018 time trial on Saturday. Robertson took the honours over Tom Bell in the previous 3km torture test in late November, and his GPS numbers in 2017 were outstanding.

Previous stars: Diminutive ball-winner Shaun Hart set the time trial pace during the Lions' halcyon days from 2001 to 2004, when they won three premierships and lost a Grand Final. Nigel Lappin was also very good, while Robert Copeland succeeded Hart as the Queensland team's best runner. - Marc McGowan

That Cian is even anywhere near the top ten is a credit to him after his injury run. Pearce was never a threat to the top 10 from memory. That impressive from Cian.
IIRC it was always acknowledged that Hanley senior was quickest in bursts, but Junior could run well all day. Could be handy, as there has obviously been a delay/restriction in development of his football ability. Will be a different player to big brother.

We got one a few years back - Ash McGrath walked across to us and with every step he was chanting I'm hurtin', I'm hurtin'. These players really do put their bodies on the line for the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back