News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Channel 10 sports report lead. Saints in crisis. How could anyone say the president did the right thing. Now burkey is going to comment in the sports report. Silly president.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just watched it.
Burkey saying:
The Board is made up of top business people who rely on the football department, and the Board’s views about top four are driven by the input from the football department.
And Richardson has this year to either turn it around or have a foolproof reason for the performance.

Not anything we don’t know.
Nothing newsworthy.

Have to wonder how much needs to be said. Seems like every day they are coming out making statements.
PR.
Getting on the front foot.
CEO last week.
Coach through normal commitments.
President on the weekend.
Football Manager now.
Spreading the message and messengers.

This afternoon on Kb's show they were taking calls about how we're going. One of our supporters rang in and had a decent crack at the club. He cursed his father and grandad for getting him to support the club (not in a joking way either), then went on demanding we be sent to Tasmania.

Seriously, this pissed me right off. No one's forcing you to follow us, we don't need fans like you. And if you're reading this, hang your f@#$ing head in shame!:rage:

Last edited:
Check out the Pride Game vid on the website.
Seriously.
Makes.
Me.
Proud.
To.
Be.
St Kilda.

Thanks for the recommendation mate. Really, really good video. Times sure have changed (for the better ofc). I remember 20-30 yrs ago when i was playing the common sledge was NTTAWWT, f** etc. And i was guilty of this as well. I'm not proud of it, and im glad that this practice has gone into extinction.

I'll be heading to my 1st pride game this sat. No matter the result, it's fantastic to see our club be a champion for this cause. You can just see how much the backing of the club means to people like Georgie and her family. Really makes me proud to be a saints fan.

http://m.saints.com.au/video/2018-05-23/stories-of-pride-georgie-stone

Just had a read of an article on the AFL app. I cannot see the light.. if Matt Finnis is running the show and he is that deluded we are in serious trouble. Fk this.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If our list and coach are that good why do we have 1 win for the year? Get your head out of your backsides St Kilda FC you are living in denial.

If anyone can download 360 with Roo, it is really worth watching.
He is the consummate media performer.
Every time I hear him speak it reminds me just how privileged we were to have him at the club and how much we miss him. He is irreplaceable. Once in a lifetime player.
:'(

If anyone can download 360 with Roo, it is really worth watching.
He is the consummate media performer.
Every time I hear him speak it reminds me just how privileged we were to have him at the club and how much we miss him. He is irreplaceable. Once in a lifetime player.
:'(

Didn’t hear him last night but watch most weeks and agree. Nick should be involved in the club in some way. He has to high a footy IQ and too much love for our club to be wasting it in the media. He should be involved at board or coaching level in some level is my 2 cents.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's interesting listening to some of the media commentary on us this week. I just find it funny how it's all so week to week - I mean the On the Couch guys sit around and basically commentate on what has happened and pretend like they knew it was going to happen all along. "Oh North have a good side, Ben Cunnington is A grade one of the most underrated in the comp" - sure but how many of you were saying that at the start of the year? "Hawks have rebuilt are a good side now" yes and I'm sure they were all about them a year ago.

The 'Saints should be top 4' stuff is clearly where we (Finnis, board etc) think we can get to through the right improvement of our players. Jonathon Brown says "they don't have enough A graders" well no s**t, but what we are hoping is that players can get to that level. We have very few senior players, but lots of young guys who are improving and we're hoping they reach a high level. In fact, listening to Brown talk about us you could tell that he doesn't actually have a clue about our list and has probably just run a finger through it and picked out a few names 10 minutes before the show.

It would just be nice to hear one of them actually try to think outside the box... "Hawks look good now but once their older guys retire or decline they'll be in trouble" may or may not be true but it would at least be better than the chest-beating and stating-it-how-it-is-like-I'm-a-freaking-genius approach. They're all over West Coast now for example - probably none of them had them in the 8 at the start of the year.

If we're actually good this time next year, it will be all about "Saints have a great crop of youngsters, exciting stuff blah blah blah Luke Dunstan is a gun etc".

Basically the media stuff is generally all drivel and there is very little to be learnt from it. We are the (bad) flavour of the week it seems; it's funny timing actually as the Collingwood game was far from our worst. It's just that someone decided to stick us in the gun this week so there you go. I guess all you need is a win because Worsfold was getting sacked a week ago and now he's a hero.

It's interesting listening to some of the media commentary on us this week. I just find it funny how it's all so week to week - I mean the On the Couch guys sit around and basically commentate on what has happened and pretend like they knew it was going to happen all along. "Oh North have a good side, Ben Cunnington is A grade one of the most underrated in the comp" - sure but how many of you were saying that at the start of the year? "Hawks have rebuilt are a good side now" yes and I'm sure they were all about them a year ago.

The 'Saints should be top 4' stuff is clearly where we (Finnis, board etc) think we can get to through the right improvement of our players. Jonathon Brown says "they don't have enough A graders" well no s**t, but what we are hoping is that players can get to that level. We have very few senior players, but lots of young guys who are improving and we're hoping they reach a high level. In fact, listening to Brown talk about us you could tell that he doesn't actually have a clue about our list and has probably just run a finger through it and picked out a few names 10 minutes before the show.

It would just be nice to hear one of them actually try to think outside the box... "Hawks look good now but once their older guys retire or decline they'll be in trouble" may or may not be true but it would at least be better than the chest-beating and stating-it-how-it-is-like-I'm-a-freaking-genius approach. They're all over West Coast now for example - probably none of them had them in the 8 at the start of the year.

If we're actually good this time next year, it will be all about "Saints have a great crop of youngsters, exciting stuff blah blah blah Luke Dunstan is a gun etc".

Basically the media stuff is generally all drivel and there is very little to be learnt from it. We are the (bad) flavour of the week it seems; it's funny timing actually as the Collingwood game was far from our worst. It's just that someone decided to stick us in the gun this week so there you go. I guess all you need is a win because Worsfold was getting sacked a week ago and now he's a hero.
And then you have that ******* moronic yapping Muppet Kingy sitting there with his stupid ******* analyzer and numbers going 'aw that is just an easy kick at this level, that should be made 10/10 times' or ' if the other team scores more points they usually win the game, I have the numbers to prove this just ask me'

Didn’t hear him last night but watch most weeks and agree. Nick should be involved in the club in some way. He has to high a footy IQ and too much love for our club to be wasting it in the media. He should be involved at board or coaching level in some level is my 2 cents.

No reason he cant do both, a la Eddie and Koch. Don't see him as a coach though, more on the administrative side.

No reason he cant do both, a la Eddie and Koch. Don't see him as a coach though, more on the administrative side.

Yeah I kind of contradicted myself a bit. He’s great in the media and represents the club really well. It’s awesome to have a good St Kilda voice around (as much as love Spud, lol). Yep, could do both. Would be awesome for his clearly high football smarts to be put to use at board level.

Wth is David king problem with us I've never heard him say a positive thing about us
If the numbers don't say we are good he never will, it's all numbers based with that flog, you could be sitting top and not leading the comp in I50 and he'd tell you how bad you are, ******* moron. Probably bagged Billings all year but all of a sudden want's him traded to North of all places...hmmmmmmmmmm interesting comment you make Kingy for a bloke who's not living up to expectations, sure is funny how you wouldn't mind a 23 year old gun at your club.

Wth is David king problem with us I've never heard him say a positive thing about us
Who GAF? He's a pinhead who is good at analysing what's in front of his face but keeps it simple because he is simple. If he'd never played AFL his word would mean about as much as the average Big Footy poster, three fifths of F all.

Happy for my club to have eliminated that dummy and his kangacolleagues from the 1997 finals series.

You see they need to have someone fit their narrative.
Caro is the classic; when did she last write a football piece that was actually about the game, rather than one about a clash with her personal sensibilities?
I have no idea but I’m tipping not this decade.
So, irrespective of reality, the story is framed in terms of their narrative.
And we play a specific role.

An example:
When Caro wrote about the recent State Government announcement that included funding to Carlton for Ikon Park development, funding to Western Bulldogs for Ballarat Oval development, and funding to St Kilda for Moorabbin development.
The first two were due to those clubs highly skilled negotiations.
St Kilda got its funding because Moorabbin is in a marginal electorate.
Apparently we are a no hope, blight on the competition club that got its funding despite itself.
See the pattern?
Someone has to play that role otherwise their narrative is a mockery.
As they are.

Who GAF? He's a pinhead who is good at analysing what's in front of his face but keeps it simple because he is simple. If he'd never played AFL his word would mean about as much as the average Big Footy poster, three fifths of F all.

Happy for my club to have eliminated that dummy and his kangacolleagues from the 1997 finals series.
I’ll never forget that tackle over the boundary line on McKernan from Bourkey and Cook. We were on year 10 camp in Tassie huddled around a tiny tv screaming our lungs out. About 10 saints to 1 north mate..... and a week later I was crying... thanks footy gods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back