2018 Trade and FA thread (opposition supporters post in Trade Hypotheticals thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too sure how keen Ainsworth would be to come to Brisbane now. Have the feeling that his attitude may be 'Stuff Brisbane, they had their chance and decided to pass'. Just purely my gut feel though. Would love to get him to the club because he has a genuine crack and is great overhead for his size.

In the same token, he may love Queensland, still be good mates with some of our players and Think moving an hour up the road (including a payrise) to play for a club on the move up the ladder is a sweet deal.

In the same token, he may love Queensland, still be good mates with some of our players and Think moving an hour up the road (including a payrise) to play for a club on the move up the ladder is a sweet deal.
Here's hoping mate. Would be a great addition.

Certainly wouldn't trade McCluggage for Ainsworth right now, even if the Suns threw in sweeteners. Our recruiters nailed that first selection (and got us a free Berry as well).

Eagles might get an upgrade for a year while we wait for the injured tall defenders to get some experience. I think he has shown enough.

Hinge I think we would keep - signs of promise.

Out of Bell, Bewick, Claye and Lester I believe we might keep one, probably Lester. I think Claye might be about ready to move on with his life. I think that unless Dawson has a big breakthrough in the second half of the season he might no be renewed.

Eagles might get an upgrade for a year while we wait for the injured tall defenders to get some experience. I think he has shown enough.

Hinge I think we would keep - signs of promise.

Out of Bell, Bewick, Claye and Lester I believe we might keep one, probably Lester. I think Claye might be about ready to move on with his life. I think that unless Dawson has a big breakthrough in the second half of the season he might no be renewed.

I haven’t generally rated Dawson, but he’s made a very good start to the year.

We are in need of a more mature midfielder or 2 (23-25 years old) over the next couple of trade periods or long term we are going to continually have the problem in that GH5 age bracket. Has been bought up before but if Cam Guthrie (25) is a chance we should go for it. He's 26 but I wonder if Tom Liberatore would be up for a change of scenery, contested ball beast.

josh thomas from the pies is worth a go. decent goal kicking mid
No c graders ,club's polcy is clear the talent is in the draft,so stupid to recruit more Bastinac, Bell,Lester list cl
ggers.

I swear, some of you guys seem to treat this thread the same way I do free agency in fantasy draft comps. I see some spud on a hot streak, bring them in for some other spud and have them play a role. Occasionally - very occasionally- one of them keeps being good and is worth keeping.

Hell in one auto draft comp this year I got cursed and wound up not drafting any midfielders in the first six rounds. And between CEY and Jacobs and Douglas and also Taylor Adams who someone delisted for whatever mysterious reason I’ve built a vaguely competitive midfield that way.

But the difference is when my spuds revert to their means I just delist them and bring in the next hot streak spud, rather than have them play out the next two and a half years on their contract in the NEAFL as deep depth to the worst team in the competition.

We are in need of a more mature midfielder or 2 (23-25 years old) over the next couple of trade periods or long term we are going to continually have the problem in that GH5 age bracket. Has been bought up before but if Cam Guthrie (25) is a chance we should go for it. He's 26 but I wonder if Tom Liberatore would be up for a change of scenery, contested ball beast.
He won't come but I really hope we have a crack at Gaff because of this gap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anthony miles? I have no idea how he s going this year in the VFL but he's gettable, affordable and is an inside mid where we were shown up.in that area again today

Anthony miles? I have no idea how he s going this year in the VFL but he's gettable, affordable and is an inside mid where we were shown up.in that area again today
Not sure on Miles, I haven't seen enough of him to make a judgement but we need to nail a couple of trades, the clubs that surge up the ladder usually nail a trade or two to fill list needs, eg. the Tigers with Josh Caddy, Toby Nankervis.

If it’s between Lester and pick 74 in this years draft. I’ll take Lester every time.
I'd take pick 74, Lester has had years to cement his spot in our team across 3 different coaching regimes and hasn't been able to do it. We all keep hanging on to these good guy players and it gets you nowhere. We have to be firm and put the pen through guys who have had their chance and haven't succeeded. He had six touches to 3/4 time today, and given we were down two rotations he'd had huge game time. His days are numbered now surely. Biggest list clogger at our club, who has stopped the development of other players this year.

Not sure on Miles, I haven't seen enough of him to make a judgement but we need to nail a couple of trades, the clubs that surge up the ladder usually nail a trade or two to fill list needs, eg. the Tigers with Josh Caddy, Toby Nankervis.
I've seen Miles quite a bit and he's definitely up to AFL standard but I noticed back when he played a lot more senior footy few years back he wasn't a massively high possession winner at AFL level but churns out 30+ possession games at VFL level. We need help in that area he'd be an option.

Me either, going off past form & that not being in tigers best 22 can still make you a quality player.
But with berry out we were sadly lacking in the midfield. I think a 2 year stop gap is needed with the hope that he could be a 5+ year player.
Plus we need to trade in without compromising our draft holdings as we need to bring in more youth for at least 1 more year.

The only one of our older players who would have some trade value that I would be willing to explore trade options for would be Daniel Rich. Doesn't seem to have lead by example qualities and has never been voted into leadership groups.

He would be of value to a club right in the middle of their window IMO. Maybe Rich for Miles?

The only one of our older players who would have some trade value that I would be willing to explore trade options for would be Daniel Rich. Doesn't seem to have lead by example qualities and has never been voted into leadership groups.

He would be of value to a club right in the middle of their window IMO. Maybe Rich for Miles?
:sick:
Miles ended up sticking around at Richmond last year after there being talk of him going elsewhere for nothing. I'd imagine that was because no one would offer him more than a year, and rightly so. He can find the footy but really doesn't strike me as the type we seem to favour at all. See below.
I swear, some of you guys seem to treat this thread the same way I do free agency in fantasy draft comps. I see some spud on a hot streak, bring them in for some other spud and have them play a role. Occasionally - very occasionally- one of them keeps being good and is worth keeping.

Hell in one auto draft comp this year I got cursed and wound up not drafting any midfielders in the first six rounds. And between CEY and Jacobs and Douglas and also Taylor Adams who someone delisted for whatever mysterious reason I’ve built a vaguely competitive midfield that way.

But the difference is when my spuds revert to their means I just delist them and bring in the next hot streak spud, rather than have them play out the next two and a half years on their contract in the NEAFL as deep depth to the worst team in the competition.

The appeal of miles is we dont have to trade for him, out of contract & hasn't played AFL for over 2 years. Tigers won't even want to play hard ball. Swap of 3rd rounds would be plenty.
In no way is he of equal value to rich. Nor should we consider trading our mature players. Rich will be cream on top when we improve - still the only one who can hit a decent pass forward of centre. But he's not a driver or leader who will push s**t uphill for the team. hence why when we are playing badly people pile on him. But when we are a good team.he will cash in & everyone will crap on about how good he is.

No c graders ,club's polcy is clear the talent is in the draft,so stupid to recruit more Bastinac, Bell,Lester list cl
ggers.

thomas has definitely shown more than the ones you've listed and wouldn't cost anything. rather him than some pick 70

Miles is yours for free if you want him. We didn’t stand in his way last year when he explored his options and we won’t this year either. His papers are stamped. Limited footballer but gives his all. Too good for VFL but could be a handy stop gap signing while you guys push up the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back