2018 Trade and FA thread (opposition supporters post in Trade Hypotheticals thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that clarky, my best inside/distributor player in the competition for me would be Clayton Oliver, love his fast hands and vision.

Seb Ross looks OK on there, maybe a good backup option if we don't get Neale and we wouldn't be giving up pick 4 for him I would have thought. No Mitch Wallis on the list:huh:.

I like that table, where does it come from?

Its just the AFL stats, choose the advanced option and you just tick the boxes you think are relevant. Oh and choose 'players' not 'teams'

May I just add to that, if we start to go down the road with focusing on trading now, then go for it. Neale, Ross in the midfield. Let's not be half-hearted then, if it means to drafts then oh well.
And don’t use draft picks on academy players, who maybe good, but don’t fill a need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noble was just on the Club Champion live stream. Dom Fay interviewing with “Strict instructions” not to talk about specific players. He did ask him about the trade week strategy and whether we were still sticking with going to the draft. Noble’s answer was we were being flexible, if our plans we have in place come off then that won’t be the case, if they don’t we’ll head to the draft. To me he had an air of confidence that we’ll get our man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Port saying that no one will be off the table is interesting. With polec on the way out I wonder if anyone else can be convinced to leave that is worth our pick 4? Wines? Anyone else.

No way they get rid of Wines. Is their next captain

Yeah and to expand a bit on what Noble said he was super clear that we have a clear plan in place to execute on and we’ll be very careful to avoid getting sucked into people suddenly being “available”. Felt to me like a dig at trades like the Bastinac one. Obviously Wines is a calibre of player we’d be well into but he was pretty clear that if the work wasn’t put in by now something at that level wasn’t happening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Port saying that no one will be off the table is interesting. With polec on the way out I wonder if anyone else can be convinced to leave that is worth our pick 4? Wines? Anyone else.

Port have put themselves in a bit of no mans land. Went hard to bring in topups last season and it wasn't enough. Some of those ins didn't play out as they probably would have expected, everyone is on the table and they look likely to lose Polec.

Also worth noting that on the stream stef said he was definitely keen to stick around when asked by Dom Fay to preemptively knock the annual 'Stef Martin wants a trade' story on its head. He was in a very very 'honest' state too so I'd say no chance he leaves.
I reckon Stef was well on the way to a big night!!

Getting Fullerton and madden must impact on our willingness to trade our first and possibly our second draft picks. Both have gaps and distinct strengths.Fullerton needs skills upgrade/refresher but has the ability to find space in crowded situations while madden has speed to burn but needs to transfer skills to the Sherrin. It’s entirely possible that one of these players will develop into a best 22 over the next few years which means we have effectively dipped into the draft pool already.

I’ll cope if we trade 1st and 2nd picks for Neale as it’s not just about the player, it’s also a massive statement about belief and cultures your club.

Neale’s interest in leaving could be as simple as he has no confidence in the coach (he’s not on his own in that) and he doesn’t want to wait him out. We have an age gap slot he can own for years to come and we are likely to be successful in the next 3-5 years when he is at his peak. All this in a city that makes it easy to have downtime. I think his interest is genuine.

May I just add to that, if we start to go down the road with focusing on trading now, then go for it. Neale, Ross in the midfield. Let's not be half-hearted then, if it means to drafts then oh well.
Thanks for that clarky, my best inside/distributor player in the competition for me would be Clayton Oliver, love his fast hands and vision.

Seb Ross looks OK on there, maybe a good backup option if we don't get Neale and we wouldn't be giving up pick 4 for him I would have thought. No Mitch Wallis on the list:huh:.

I like that table, where does it come from?
I think Seb Ross is very underrated on this board. The stats here show the level he is at. Interesting too that both lachie and seb were at poor teams this year. Imagine if we got both!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

If we get both Ross and Neale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only people that will be bad for is Matheson, Keayes and Starc. But we need to start cultivating depth - a good team should have 4-5 players with trade value or that would get chances elsewhere playing in the ressies. Right now, we have none playing most NEAFL games.

The only people that will be bad for is Matheson, Keayes and Starc. But we need to start cultivating depth - a good team should have 4-5 players with trade value or that would get chances elsewhere playing in the ressies. Right now, we have none playing most NEAFL games.
Keays definitely but he's already right down on the depth chart, probably as well for Matho but I also look at the possible inclusions of Ross and Neale to mean that Zorko and Beams can play more forward so maybe Matho on bench, Starc I'm not sure about as an inside mid and think that he will play as a HFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back