List Mgmt. 2018 Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/07...hogan-will-inevitably-return-to-perth-harvey/

I think there should be a thread for ex players/journalists that we paste all these baseless guesses in so we can hold them to account if they are wrong. Imagine the absolute slingshot of filth you would aim at the likes of Sam McClure and Jon Ralph with all their guesses. It would be a mudpit.
r0_0_2079_3225_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Just let that sink in for you

Hogan for Freo’s first pick from this year and next. Would get us in early to a strong draft, and keep some high end talent coming into the club.
Hogan isn’t a generational player. He is a mobile CHF that can dominate against weak sides but goes looking for a rock to crawl under in big games. He can’t kick it 50 metres and is constantly making life hard for our midfield due to his s**t leading patterns. And he’s hopeless defensively. It’s no coincidence in my opinion that a lot of our big wins were sans Jesse.
I’d play TMAC at FF and either Trac, Tim Smith, Pedo or Weid at CHF. Out of all of those guys I reckon Pedo would be the most likely.

Hogan for Freo’s first pick from this year and next. Would get us in early to a strong draft, and keep some high end talent coming into the club.
Hogan isn’t a generational player. He is a mobile CHF that can dominate against weak sides but goes looking for a rock to crawl under in big games. He can’t kick it 50 metres and is constantly making life hard for our midfield due to his s**t leading patterns. And he’s hopeless defensively. It’s no coincidence in my opinion that a lot of our big wins were sans Jesse.
I’d play TMAC at FF and either Trac, Tim Smith, Pedo or Weid at CHF. Out of all of those guys I reckon Pedo would be the most likely.

Agree with some of that. Maybe a decent forward coach would sort him out. Tell him, no, he's not Nick Riewoldt, and he needs to play to a structure and be predictable for his teammates so they know where to kick it and where to be for the crumbs. TMac is fitter, faster and more mobile, so if anyone is going to go wandering to burn their opponent off and run around the ground, it should be him.

This wouldnt happen, but if it did, would change our list for the better x100

Trade Hogan to freo- as we all know there is forever going to be speculation ad nauseam every time he is 18 months left. Freo give first rounder (6) plus langdon, potentially another pick around 30-40.

Trade pick 6 to Sydney for Jake Lloyd, along with something coming back their end, maybe another 3rd rounder. (45)

Tyson to the Don's for a second/third (38)

Sign Tom Lynch and, if enough money, Andrew gaff as free agents.

Lewis Into coaches box in 2019.

In- lynch, lloyd, Langdon, 3 x picks in 30-45 range

Out- Hogan, Tyson

Best 22 2019
Jetta McDonald Salem
Hibberd Lever lloyd
Langdon brayshaw gaff
ANB Lynch petracca
Spargo McDonald melksham

Gawn viney oliver

Bench- hunt, harmes, fritsch, jones

Depth would look- Vince, garlett, Baker, weideman, smith, Wagner, stretch, Kent, hannan etc.

Wouldnt happen but makes that slow team of last week look infinite faster and more polished
Would still do this.

What a pathetic game last night from hogan. While I'm at it, I've been one of oscar most loyal supporters, but last night was pathetic. Would want to turn it around very quickly. That soccered goal of Hawkins he showed zero desperation to kill the ball. And his positioning against Hawkins was atrocious.

Love Jesse but starting to think he just can’t do much in a high pressure game with no space like last night. Isn’t a great pack mark and struggles to get separation on his opponent when he can’t run them around on a big ground.

What senior players are possibly out there who we could trade in? Lewis and Vince are cooked. I guarantee if we had Hodge in our team last night, we win. The leaders we have are poor and clearly can't get us over the line in close games. In fact, time and time again it is our kids who stand up when the game is on the line..

So who is out there that could replace Lewis, Vince and in time Jones?

Guys we're not gonna trade our leading goalkicker (2nd in average per game) for a few high draft picks

You're right, but maybe we should. Would definitely rather have had Tom Lynch in the fifty last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love Jesse but starting to think he just can’t do much in a high pressure game with no space like last night. Isn’t a great pack mark and struggles to get separation on his opponent when he can’t run them around on a big ground.
The fact he tries to stand his ground and wrestle with blokes like blicavs and Henderson, just played into their hands. Its beyond dumb. Are our coaches so scared of feeding him some home truths about his general play for fear he will go back to Perth or something? Of course I sypathisize with his last couple of years, but surely there comes a time when someone tells him that he is wasting himself playing like this instead of working harder to get separation and lead. It just infuriates me.

Thst said, the way some of our midfielders kick it to him probably doesnt help at times

I don't like Hogan. Even when he's kicking bags I don't like him. His mentality and effort are atrocious. I believe the majority of games where he's played well, we would have won without him anyway because they were against such weak opposition. The only game I recall where he actually stood up and tried to win the game off his own boot was against St Kilda a couple of years ago. We lost because Reiwoldt kicked 7, but Hogan kept us in it.

But I can concede our forward setup is not suiting him. He likes to work into space yet our forward 50 is constantly congested. So we either get rid of him and get someone in who can play the gameplan, or change the gameplan. Hogan had space in that St Kilda game by the way.

I like him up the ground more as that big clearance midfielder and he has a nice field kick, but he doesn't do it better than our pure midfielders.

The fact he tries to stand his ground and wrestle with blokes like blicavs and Henderson, just played into their hands. Its beyond dumb. Are our coaches so scared of feeding him some home truths about his general play for fear he will go back to Perth or something? Of course I sypathisize with his last couple of years, but surely there comes a time when someone tells him that he is wasting himself playing like this instead of working harder to get separation and lead. It just infuriates me.

Thst said, the way some of our midfielders kick it to him probably doesnt help at times
Definitely feels like he gets the kid glove treatment. I’ve never heard the coaches do anything other than goo over him and he’s been close to our worst player in every big game this year. Step the * up.

Hey fellas, I finished with you guys in the BigFooty Trial Mock. In the end I only made one selection but the two previous were ones I would have taken anyway. You ended up with:

31. Shane McAdam (185 cm/84 kg general forward): The one I wouldn't have taken. He probably makes it but is too similar to Fritsch and Hannan for me and isn't as good kicking wise.
44. Isaac Quaynor (180/82 half back): I really like Quaynor and he would probably be the one I'd take at 31, but he'd be matched by Collingwood almost guaranteed. Instead I'd be taking Riley Grundy, I feel like you need that extra tall defender as well.
49. Toby Bedford (176/65 small forward): Bedford is slight yes but his core strength is excellent and he brings others into the game with that ability. He doesn't hit the scoreboard as much as I like, but he'll be a player IMO.
85. Nick Hind (180/75 outside midfielder): Hind is a quick midfielder who has great tenacity but his size holds him back. Usually is a very good kick, but can spray it when he doesn't settle over it.

If it were me it would have been Quaynor/Grundy/Bedford/Hind.

What senior players are possibly out there who we could trade in? Lewis and Vince are cooked. I guarantee if we had Hodge in our team last night, we win. The leaders we have are poor and clearly can't get us over the line in close games. In fact, time and time again it is our kids who stand up when the game is on the line..

So who is out there that could replace Lewis, Vince and in time Jones?
Hodge directs play so clearly for the Lions defence. Don't see any of that from Lewis.

You're right, but maybe we should. Would definitely rather have had Tom Lynch in the fifty last night.
problem is Tom Lynch would cost wice as much as play half as much

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back