List Mgmt. 2018 Trade, Free Agency & Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

North players out of contract in 2018

23 blokes have to earn a contract extension in 2018.

Andrew Swallow 13 Unrestricted Free Agent
Ben Jacobs 6 Non-Free Agent
Braydon Preuss Non-Free Agent
Cameron Zurhaar Non-Free Agent
Daniel Nielson Non-Free Agent
Declan Mountford Non-Free Agent
Declan Watson Non-Free Agent
Ed Vickers-Willis Non-Free Agent
Jarrad Waite Non-Free Agent
Jed Anderson Non-Free Agent
Josh Williams Non-Free Agent
Kayne Turner Non-Free Agent
Lindsay Thomas Unrestricted Free Agent
Luke McDonald Non-Free Agent
Mitchell Hibberd Non-Free Agent
Nick Larkey Non-Free Agent
Oscar Junker Non-Free Agent
Paul Ahern Non-Free Agent
Ryan Clarke Non-Free Agent
Samuel Wright Unrestricted Free Agent
Scott Thompson Unrestricted Free Agent
Shaun Atley Restricted Free Agent
Taylor Garner Non-Free Agent

And this is why people cheering for us to tank have absolutely no clue. None of these guys want to give up their AFL careers so the club can recruit a slightly better player.

Hey Pykie, do you know mutch about Braedyn Gillard from the Knights? He comes from a pretty staunch North family.

Who cares?...our list management (post Martin and Kelly) indicates tanking like there is no tomorrow.

We also have indicated that we will turnover blokes, regardless of performance.

But whoever we keep, will be front loaded to the max.

So a FA, trade or whatever is walking into a bottom 2 club.

Clearly at the end of 2018 we will be saying goodbye to Waite, Thompson, and likely swallow, Anderson, Thomas and maybe Goldy. That's a big cut numbers wise, maybe Wright and Jacobs if injury doesn't look after them.

That should leave our list something like as follows going into trading, free agency, draft period:

Backs

Tazz (30), Durdin (22), Neilson (22), EVW (22), Williams (25), Watson (20),

Forwards

Brown (26), McKay (21), wood (25), garner (24), Turner (22), hrovat (24), zurhaar (20), larkey (20)

Flanker/Part time mids

Jmac (27), atley (26), Simpkin (20), Williams (20), hibberd (22)

Mids

Cunnington (28), ziebell (29), Higgins (31), Clarke (22), ahern (23), McDonald (24), Mountford (22), dumont (24), Cerra (19 assumption), pick 23 (19 assumption)

Preuss (24), daw (28), Jeffries (21)

I will assume we add

Thomas, Scott and pick 2 at the draft table

We really need to add some mids through free agency, but I think unless it's a gaff type in 2018, we should be waiting until the following year to be making moves on a free agent or two. And obviously that would be the first time we would be contemplating trading for picks.

If Lynch departs

If Gold Coast finishes below us and Lynch leaves the Suns, they will be compensated an immediate 1st round pick and are going to end up with 4 x 1st round picks and we could miss out on both Rankine and Lukosious.

Picks 1 & 2 + West Coast 1st round.

Trade Pick 1 or 2 for Adelaides 1st round pick and their Melbourne 1st round pick.

Suns: Pick 1, 6-8, 12-13 and 16-18. They are going to destroy next years draft.

If Lynch departs

If Gold Coast finishes below us and Lynch leaves the Suns, they will be compensated an immediate 1st round pick and are going to end up with 4 x 1st round picks and we could miss out on both Rankine and Lukosious.

Trade Pick 1 or 2 for Adelaides 1st round pick and their Melbourne 1st round pick.

That’s a scary proposition.
I’m hoping that Lynch stays and that Dew can consolidate the group and head them up the ladder. Simply they have to perform given the talent they have on their list.

If Lynch departs

We take Max King then.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

That’s a scary proposition.
I’m hoping that Lynch stays and that Dew can consolidate the group and head them up the ladder. Simply they have to perform given the talent they have on their list.

Add in 2 x 2nd round picks (Ess & Geel) & 2 x 3rd round picks (GC & Freo)

It could end up looking something like this:

Suns: Pick 1, 7, 13, 17, 28, 32, 37 & 42.

This is exactly the type of draft we need.

They are going to destroy next years draft.
They are yet to show anything on an organisational level that they can impact anything.

They had a glut of draft picks & the best player in the league and were s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we could get King, Blakey, Thomas, Scott and Crocker, the we nearly would have that type of draft.

Your duty, should you choose to accept it, is to determine how do we get close to replicating that, especially now that we haven't traded in any 2018 1st/2nd round picks from this year.

It's a challenging task...you have 11 months to come up with it.....best of luck.....

Your duty, should you choose to accept it, is to determine how do we get close to replicating that, especially now that we haven't traded in any 2018 1st/2nd round picks from this year.

It's a challenging task...you have 11 months to come up with it.....best of luck.....

LOL, turn it up mate. We can't do it and maintain our core at the same time..

Perhaps win 0 games in 2018 and pray we snag a 1st round compo from the AFL due to scoring only 9 wins out of 58 matches or finish last and get a compo pick because Cunnington or Brown left.

It's impossible to replicate picjs wise unless you are a start up franchise, who continually finish at the bottom over a 7 year period, and bleed players at an rate that makes them impossible to replace.

This is basically what they started with.

Sloane is expected to re-sign soon. Just on holidays atm.

At least he waited until after the Grand Final unlike a bunch of his mates.

If we are ruthless we should be low balling Atley in contract talks all year.

A Motlop situation is best for everyone.

Pick after our second round would be a decent return and really give us a big boost.

Agree 100% but worth noting that we wont be able to get any FAs in this period if we want compo.

I hope the club is doing everything in its power to convince Blakey to pick us.

He is a top 5-8 talent.

I hope so but don't like our chances.

Also getting Scott got a lot harder after the trade period - would he rather play with the club that he follows or with legends like Ablett, danger , duckwood

You want a draft like gold coasts potential 2018? I reckon the only way to get that sort of favor with the afl is to move to tas. And * that.

Time to pull some of that magical NMFC innovation out of our asses. And soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back