List Mgmt. 2018 Trade, Free Agency & Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He managed top 4 finishes 2014 - 2015 with out them so i would imagine he just might go alright with them.
After Finals. Yeah we made 2 Prelims from the bottom part of the top 8. You're pushing s**t up hill trying to win Premierships from that part of the ladder. When I say Top 4 I mean like finishing in the Top 4 at the end of the H&A. Now that gives you the best chance of Winning a Premiership. :stern look

Gaff and Polec most certainly would fortify our on-ball stocks.

Midfield this round assuming no changes:

C: McDonald Anderson Dumont
R: Goldstein Cunnington Higgins
I: Ahern Clarke

With the above additions:

C: Gaff Dumont Polec
R: Goldstein Cunnington Higgins
I: Ahern Anderson
Out: McDonald Clarke

This a hypothetical based on form right now, not factoring in long term improvement in McDonald, LDU etc.

Definitely. Perfect additions for our team.

Still think we are going to be a class mid short and we need to focus on 2020 and beyond.

Waite and Thommo should be gone and games into kpp. I dont trust Scott's and if thommo/waite are signed it'll be another year like this one. Minimal development.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

if pruess goes we'll be screwed for rucks if goldy goes down! and we all know how bad it can get when he only has a niggle. as great as goldy has been i think we could salvage something for him after the year he's had and keep pruess.

Goldy could be like the dude from Life of Brian where they keep lopping bits off and he keep getting picked

If Waite , Pruess , durdin and Neilson all go it really weakens our KPP depth.
We practically have Mckay and xerri only as depth and only bringing in mids.
Yeah, I absolutely agree. With the rumours around Preuss, I'm not sure how we could keep him though. I mean, sure, he's contracted, but I can't imagine he would be excited to hang around for another year in the VFL. Same goes for Durdin who is contracted as well.

I would personally prefer to keep them both, but if we get all our mooted targets then we have to make room somewhere, so we might be more inclined to accept trade requests if that comes to pass.

If both of those guys do request trades and we facilitate those requests, then I suspect we would look at perhaps rookieing a mature ruckman and maybe a KPP. Michael Close would have been a good option to rookie as a KPP before his injury, but I'm not sure where he stands now on his future.

Waite is an interesting one. As I said, I can see the argument for him playing on, and his best is still absolutely good enough, but you have to question the value we're getting from him if he misses so many games and/or the opportunity cost with regards to Larkey. Again, I don't mind if he plays on, but then someone like Mountford would definitely be out the door if we do bring in those 6 new guys. As I said, if it came to that, I would personally prefer to keep Mountford than bring in J. Atley, but I highly doubt the list/coaching staff see it the same way.

I guess the trade off of being ambitious in the market and securing our targets is that tough decisions have to be made on our end as well.

If both of those guys do request trades and we facilitate those requests, then I suspect we would look at perhaps rookieing a mature ruckman and maybe a KPP. Michael Close would have been a good option to rookie as a KPP before his injury, but I'm not sure where he stands now on his future.

I'd love to get Sam Collins late in the draft but I sense he might be gone early.

After Finals. Yeah we made 2 Prelims from the bottom part of the top 8. You're pushing s**t up hill trying to win Premierships from that part of the ladder. When I say Top 4 I mean like finishing in the Top 4 at the end of the H&A. Now that gives you the best chance of Winning a Premiership. :stern look
So what are you calling par for Brad next year assuming we manage to land both Polec and Gaff?

Dodoro is a campaigner of the highest order working for a campaigner of a club. Of course he's going to bid on TT.

FFS, he bid on Jack Silvagni just to piss Carlton off.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Maybe, the realisation that if carleton didn't match the bid and they'd have sosos jack silvagni on their list will create such a fear the campaigner will skip to avoid taking such a risk this time around...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are we trying to get rid of Preuss and not Goldy? Preuss is a 23 year old behemoth entering the prime of his career, Goldy is a 30 year old on big coin that is on the decline? I don't understand. Get rid of Goldy for sure before trading Preuss.

Apparently Preuss has more value than an All Australian in form ruckman. Go figure.

People getting on board the Preuss trade train depresses me. Next to no deals could satisfy such a loss.

Why are we trying to get rid of Preuss and not Goldy? Preuss is a 23 year old behemoth entering the prime of his career, Goldy is a 30 year old on big coin that is on the decline? I don't understand. Get rid of Goldy for sure before trading Preuss.
Agree. Goldy out, Preuss in. Daw plays forward and backs up in the ruck (ruck defenders no bueno, destabilises the defence). McKay in for Daw and EVW in for Thompson. Done.

We've mishandled Preuss enormously.
How could we not just given him one or two games? Yes obviously the answer is goldy's form and ******* with form isnt great, but just SOMETHING to keep him interested. You could even argue goldy could have benefitted from one rest.

We all love Preuss, but when I read he is in the prime of his career I think some people are confusing reality and exposed value with potential. If we can get a good trade for a rookie with limited senior experience, that could be good management. I'd be open to keeping him and trading Goldy if that would get a better net result - selling high - but he's nowhere near Goldy's best level, and may never be.

Just a question. Why can we not play 2 rucks. WCE have for years Cox and Natinui, then Natinui and Lycett and they have always been successful. You can't just leave Pruess fermenting in the vfl and expect he'll be happy. Not when there are club's out there in need of ruck stocks.

Lol

I've only ever heard the club say they aim to make finals each year and then go from there.

Gobble, gobble, gobble

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's because they set the bar so low. Like the year we had won the first 9 and some Turkey suggested we needed to win 12 wins to make Finals. :stern look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back