List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Joining Welcome Home GIF

What Geelong did for Stengle is the kind of stuff that's got Clarko at the AHRC.

We did EVERYTHING and more we could for Tarryn.

Jason would have ****ed off home on any club imo.

We need to invest in the talent we have, not pick up damaged goods from other clubs.

We can do that once we've built a strong successful culture. We need to do that first before taking on the likes of Oliver.

Culture? What is culture? It is 100% subjective and realistically unattainable...

Looks like Melbournes culture when they won the flag was one that resembles a coked up bender, but they won the big dance...

Perhaps NM have the greatest 'culture' of all time with social inclusion, pronoun name badges & toilets that identify as chairs... but we have been crap on the Football field for the last 5 years.

Would I want Clarry dating my daughter? I'd suggest not.

Would I pick him to play for my footy team to win, you bet.

We do need them, but we need the right ones. Midfielders that run hard defensively and are physical. Macrae is neither of those things.
We need to get a Ben Keays type - that does exactly that and every time

Culture? What is culture? It is 100% subjective and realistically unattainable...

You're saying Clarko's Hawthorn that won 4 flags didn't have a very discernible culture?

History suggest most players that put off contract talks leave, some re-sign, but it's in the minority.

The fact we might not win a game between now and the end of the year, will amplify this by 1000x.

There's been some smoke around LDU and St Kilda/Collingwood since the middle of last year, however the expectation was we'd start to make strides this year and players would be unlikely to leave a team with as much young talent as us moving in the right direction.

Players want team success, especially at the mid point of their careers.

I suggest the performance of the team at the moment has probably broken LDU, Zurhaar etc resolve (Partly their responsibilities mind you....)
Will be interesting to see how this plays out, our very recent history suggests they're both gone;
*** put off contract talks = Left.
McKay put off contract talks = Left.
Zurhaar put off contract talks = TBC.
LDU put off contract talks = TBC.

Last edited:
Someone might get do a Bont/ Oliver that kills y to fly up the draft boards.
Of course a long way out and a lot can change but, as it stands now, those two are are perfect for us from both a best available and positional perspective. Our positional needs are unlikely to change across the course of the year the question will be who is best available come draft time.

Similar to my mail from a month ago that $800k-$1.0m a season is a possibility for Zurhaar.

Either way, it's close enough to Band 1 compo that we can squeeze it out of the bidding side vs trade capital they would have to give up.

We are going to go through hell and back, but if we land Band 1 compo for McKay, Zuhaar and LDU in consecutive drafts, it HAS to be the path the club looks to take to drag us out of this.

We are not getting out of this by trading for more Polecs, Williams, Stephensons, Hartungs, Walkers, Stephens and Fishers of the league.

The Smillie + Trainor combo should be what the club is setting as the goal at the end of the year.
As much as i want Zuurhar to stay, band 1 type compo is more than we should pay and overs in compensation. Getting pick 2 is a no brainer.
But not LDU, he's a keeper.

Bailey Smith would someone im interested in, a mature body with pace to help out our younger mids while being young enough to still be A grade in 4-5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're saying Clarko's Hawthorn that won 4 flags didn't have a very discernible culture?
My point is exactly that - you remember them winning 4 flags - not what they did off field, although pretty sure Tuck and a few boys had regular good times.

Winning wallpapers over lots of things.

Think Cousins, Kerr, Carey, Stokes etc.

TT will go to a contending team, make AA, win a flag and in 5 years nobody will remember he even played at NM.

History suggest most players that put off contract talks leave, some re-sign, but it's in the minority.

The fact we might not win a game between now and the end of the year, will amplify this by 1000x.

There's been some smoke around LDU and St Kilda/Collingwood since the middle of last year, however the expectation was we'd start to make strides this year and players would be unlikely to leave a team with as much young talent as us moving in the right direction.

Players want team success, especially at the mid point of their careers.

I suggest the performance of the team at the moment has probably broken LDU, Zurhaar etc resolve (Partly their responsibilities mind you....)

Cam and LDU are gone imo

You would be better at getting English than Darcy, as English is a free-agent and Darcy would command a huge trade unless the Dockers want to get him off their books.

Macrae would probably be an easier trade, we can only hope that Bevo and Co understand the benefit of fair value as he wouldn't command a first-round draft pick for a trade.
If we get first round PP for Zuurhar what about offering the dogs picks, 1, 2 and Phillips for Darcy, Smith and Sanders.
Bulldogs just set and forget their future midfield while the players lost arent contributing a lot to them this season at least.
And of course make sure LDU stays.

Beginning of the end stuff if LDU and Zurhaar leave. Add to that, bar a couple, the rest of our senior players are for the tip. How on earth are we going to improve? We wont even have 2nd round "assistance" picks coming our way.

We are getting to the stage where we will lose more AFL quality players than we gain. Just like what happened to GC, only there won't be the gold rolled assistance package coming our way.

One winless seasons isn't even the worst case scenario at this point.

God we need a ******* win, but going off the hawthorn loss in particular, the whole group is cooked.
Cant lose LDU, full stop.

If we get first round PP for Zuurhar what about offering the dogs picks, 1, 2 and Phillips for Darcy, Smith and Sanders.
Bulldogs just set and forget their future midfield while the players lost arent contributing a lot to them this season at least.
Darcy bloodline is WB Royalty. Wouldn't think he would leave.

Doggies might think about it if we added in a F1, but I'd doubt it.

Darcy bloodline is WB Royalty. Wouldn't think he would leave.

Doggies might think about it if we added in a F1, but I'd doubt it.

They'll offload Lobb and play Naughton back before even considering giving up Darcy. Hell, we saw they weren't even willing to let Dunkley go a few years back when they weren't even giving him a game.

Smith's going to Pies by the sounds of it. Darcy ain't leaving Dogs.

Looks like Melbournes culture when they won the flag was one that resembles a coked up bender, but they won the big dance...

Perhaps NM have the greatest 'culture' of all time with social inclusion, pronoun name badges & toilets that identify as chairs... but we have been crap on the Football field for the last 5 years.

Would I want Clarry dating my daughter? I'd suggest not.

Would I pick him to play for my footy team to win, you bet.
would make a good fit, with the derth of parking spots around arden st the chances of him busting the radio aerials on the cars would be minimal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back