2018 Trade Hypotheticals (opposition supporters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming we don't get Lachie Neale, assuming Ben Keays wants to go to GC, and assuming Adelaide get the 1st pick from Carlton for Jack Lukocious, should we try trade for Gold Coast's 1st pick to select Sam Walsh?

Possible trades:

Adelaide: 8, 14, McGovern (and possibly something else)
Carlton: 1st overall

Brisbane: 5, 2nd Round pick, Ben Keays
Gold Coast: Pick 2

Assuming we don't get Lachie Neale, assuming Ben Keays wants to go to GC, and assuming Adelaide get the 1st pick from Carlton for Jack Lukocious, should we try trade for Gold Coast's 1st pick to select Sam Walsh?

Possible trades:

Now that Brisbane has a boatload of young talent ready to mature, we need to get mature players around the joint. Sam Walsh might be good, but might not end up doing a lot for us.

If he goes to the Suns, I reckon he will leave at the end of his contract and try to come to Brisbane since he is a supporter and he would be quite close anyway.

But ultimately we don’t need more young blokes nesissarily, especially when we got a few father-son prospects coming up over the next few years. That and the next draft will have a Sam Wlash type, his type is in every draft pretty much.

Possible trades:

I’m not sure we’re giving up enough in that scenario. Ben doesn’t have a huge amount of trade value unfortunately.

Now that Brisbane has a boatload of young talent ready to mature, we need to get mature players around the joint. Sam Walsh might be good, but might not end up doing a lot for us.

If he goes to the Suns, I reckon he will leave at the end of his contract and try to come to Brisbane since he is a supporter and he would be quite close anyway.

But ultimately we don’t need more young blokes nesissarily, especially when we got a few father-son prospects coming up over the next few years. That and the next draft will have a Sam Wlash type, his type is in every draft pretty much.
Seriously! Walsh would try to leave Gold Coast!!

You haven’t listened to a Sam Walsh interview or read an article about him, have you?

You haven’t listened to a Sam Walsh interview or read an article about him, have you?
To be fair, Gold Coast is in such a state right now that it's two captains are heading for the exits. I get the feeling an 18 year old kid like Walsh, no matter how loyal he believes himself to be, could easily be overwhelmed and seek a trade out after his first contract expires.

To be fair, Gold Coast is in such a state right now that it's two captains are heading for the exits. I get the feeling an 18 year old kid like Walsh, no matter how loyal he believes himself to be, could easily be overwhelmed and seek a trade out after his first contract expires.
Yeah, it is like us a few years ago. You couldn’t say with certainty whether blokes would stay or not, irrespective of their character.

Walker/Arch/Lyons?

Walker/Arch you could argue having more value than Keays - certainly not Lyons though.

Just cause the general consensus in this forum is that Keays is a spud, doesnt mean it dictates his trade value. Only 3 years removed from being a no. 24 pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, it is like us a few years ago. You couldn’t say with certainty whether blokes would stay or not, irrespective of their character.

They are definitely ripe for the picking. And with more and more of their more senior talent leaving, the possibility of success is slowly evaporating. Just gives more reason for players to leave. I certainly hope we have a few Suns players lined up over the next 12-24 months.

Look I haven’t gone around saying I know Walsh, but the Suns can’t keep losing players if they want people to stay. Sure Walsh has said that he doesn’t mind where he goes, but the Suns are something else entirely with players leaving and supporter numbers dwindling.

Whilst clubs like Brisbane and Carlton have history and a strong fan base due to past success, Gold Coast has none of that and it won’t surprise me if they close their doors if they can’t achieve something over the next few years. Players can sense stuff like that, which is why the good ones are leaving in droves, which is why I think Sam Walsh will leave unless GC can find success.

Freo gain: hogan, lions pick #22
Dees gain: Pick 4
Lions gain: Neale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure that in today’s market Hogan would be worth less than Neale?
I don’t think Melbourne accept 4 alone for a contracted Hogan!
Might be more like 4 and 22 to Melbourne, Hogan to Freo and Neale to Brissy.
Not sure it would be that easy though.
Certainly wouldn’t be surprised if Freo make a play for him though!

Not sure that in today’s market Hogan would be worth less than Neale?
I don’t think Melbourne accept 4 alone for a contracted Hogan!
Might be more like 4 and 22 to Melbourne, Hogan to Freo and Neale to Brissy.
Not sure it would be that easy though.
Certainly wouldn’t be surprised if Freo make a play for him though!

Then again doubt fremantle would happily go Neale for hogan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From memory I joined right after the If it bleeds we can kill it game. Well over 15 years wow. Curious who has been here longer.
No one worth mentioning.

I'm not usually one to post hypotheticals but as a ''player rating" exercise, which club is copping a raw deal here?

Bris: Gain Neale, lose 1st and 2nd rounder.
GC: Gain 1st and 2nd rounder, lose May.
Melb: Gain May, lose Hogan.
Freo: Gain Hogan, lose Neale.

I'm not usually one to post hypotheticals but as a ''player rating" exercise, which club is copping a raw deal here?

Bris: Gain Neale, lose 1st and 2nd rounder.
GC: Gain 1st and 2nd rounder, lose May.
Melb: Gain May, lose Hogan.
Freo: Gain Hogan, lose Neale.

Seems like a good trade for all teams - so won't happen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back