News 2018 Trade Week - Confirmed Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

:goldcoast: Receive Anthony Miles, Corey Ellis and Richmond's 2019 3rd Round Pick
:richmond: Receive Gold Coast's 2019 3rd Round Pick

Obviously one of those good faith deals to give some players more opportunity, but thats an excellent deal for GC, downgrading next years 3rd for 2 best 22 players.

:goldcoast: Receive Anthony Miles, Corey Ellis and Richmond's 2019 3rd Round Pick
:richmond: Receive Gold Coast's 2019 3rd Round Pick

Obviously one of those good faith deals to give some players more opportunity, but thats an excellent deal for GC, downgrading next years 3rd for 2 best 22 players.

Wonder if there was a hint of we won't match your bid on Lynch if you package us up something reasonable on the cheap. Would suspect so, given the timing of the deals.

Wonder if there was a hint of we won't match your bid on Lynch if you package us up something reasonable on the cheap. Would suspect so, given the timing of the deals.
I hadn’t actually thought of that, but you’re likely spot on.

Also the fact that both would be on ok money ... better than a draftee at least, which they’ll no doubt be replaced by, as they need all the cap space they can get now that Uncle Pennybags has arrived

I hadn’t actually thought of that, but you’re likely spot on.

Also the fact that both would be on ok money ... better than a draftee at least, which they’ll no doubt be replaced by, as they need all the cap space they can get now that Uncle Pennybags has arrived

Yep, I'd say that'd be it in a nutshell. Possible Miles was on decent coin if he got himself an extension after his first couple of years at the Tigs, and the other bloke... who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's also a great deal for north, although Pittard is s**t.
The thing that I like most about it, is how much it highlights Port's horrible list management. They tried to short change Polec, and held him at arms length until it was too late, while Pittard they signed to a 5 year deal (tho apparently not on huge coin) like 18 months ago.

When you add the shopping Hartlett's massive contract around a few years back, and Wingard this year ... they just constantly seem to be chasing their tails trying to clean up the messes they make for themselves in contract negotiations.

The thing that I like most about it, is how much it highlights Port's horrible list management. They tried to short change Polec, and held him at arms length until it was too late, while Pittard they signed to a 5 year deal (tho apparently not on huge coin) like 18 months ago.

When you add the shopping Hartlett's massive contract around a few years back, and Wingard this year ... they just constantly seem to be chasing their tails trying to clean up the messes they make for themselves in contract negotiations.

I struggle to believe when they signed Motlop Watts and Rockliff that they would be losing Polec and Pittard for a draft pick.
They then pick up Lycett and then might lose Wingard ....Mayhem

It's like they are topping up and rebuilding at the same time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back