2018 US Midterm Elections - DEMOCRATS WIN HOUSE, REPUBLICANS RETAIN SENATE

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be interesting to see if any decent Republican candidate runs against him in the primaries. That tends to change things up
Re-run for Rubio, Romney, Cruz? Not much else there the cupboard is rather bare, just like here.

Illinois did not let the party down. A Blue Wave swept all state offices, including defeating an incumbent Republican Governor. Two local US House seats switched to the Democrats. My local Illinois State House of Representatives seat went Democratic for the first time.
Good news for the Chicago murder rate?

I don't know how anyone can come to that conclusion based on these results.

My stance has always been that Trumps re-election depends almost entirely on the Democratic nominee.

A decent candidate will see Trump comfortably swept from office. Another Hillary clone then big chance he is re-elected.
Might be difficult to draw it from the results but similarly, its difficult to say otherwise. The key issue for the Dems will be who they put up to battle out 2020, the prior comment is correct, without a sensible and clear alternative, Trump's re-election appears safe. Another factor is whether they focus their energies on the failed campaign of bringing down the president based on accusations rather than focus on policy. This can all change if the other side put up a good alternative (including whether a good candidate can have a halo effect on the other senate seats in play for 2020).

It will be interesting to see if any decent Republican candidate runs against him in the primaries. That tends to change things up

This day, 2 years ago, definitely thought he'd have a challenger. Now it's clear they're way too chickenshit. Will wait until 2024.

Might be difficult to draw it from the results but similarly, its difficult to say otherwise. The key issue for the Dems will be who they put up to battle out 2020, the prior comment is correct, without a sensible and clear alternative, Trump's re-election appears safe. Another factor is whether they focus their energies on the failed campaign of bringing down the president based on accusations rather than focus on policy. This can all change if the other side put up a good alternative (including whether a good candidate can have a halo effect on the other senate seats in play for 2020).
All the above depends on who wins the internicene war between the Left and the Crazy Left to exercise control over the House - and how quickly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the above depends on who wins the internicene war between the Left and the Crazy Left to exercise control over the House - and how quickly?

Like the GOP conflicted between the quite mental behaviour of Trumpty, corporate money, & their own civil values.

It's the problem of the health of the nation v self interest. They must be in a real moral quandary.

"Elites and Hollywood liberals were out in force on behalf of the left wing in American Midterm elections.

Obama Campaigned for four candidates - all lost

Beyonce endorsed Beto - who lost

Oprah endorsed Abrams - who lost

Taylor Swift endorsed Bredesen - who also lost

Dear Liberal Hollywood celebrities, no one gives a s**t what you think."

I don't know how anyone can come to that conclusion based on these results.

My stance has always been that Trumps re-election depends almost entirely on the Democratic nominee.

A decent candidate will see Trump comfortably swept from office. Another Hillary clone then big chance he is re-elected.
So who's that if they go Sanders/Warren they wont get up. If the economy stays strong they are going to struggle. The three 1 term presidents since ww2 are:

GW Bush losing to Clinton the economy was crap. Also being the previous VP didn't help

Gerald Ford wasnt elected and didn't want to be there. Also he was Nixons guy.

Jimmy Carter had 50 plus hostages in Iran a failed rescue attempt scattered over the ME and Reagun campaigning against him.
Plus the economy wasnt great

Trump is likely to get a second term

Last edited:
Congress is tasked with oversight of the executive branch, so in theory the house can investigate anything they want, and you can be sure they will investigate plenty, up to and including whatever happens with Mueller in the coming days.
I know they can and I think trump wants them too it could be a trap.

So who's that if they go Sanders/Warren they wont get up. If the economy stays strong they are going to struggle. The three 1 term presidents since ww2 are:

GW Bush losing to Clinton the economy was crap. Also being the previous VP didn't help

Gerald Ford wasnt elected and didn't want to be there. Also he was Nixons guy.

Jimmy Carter had 50 plus hostages in Iran a failed rescue attempt scattered over the ME and Reagun campaigning against him.
Plus the economy wasnt great

Trump is likely to get a second term

I'm not sure Trump will get a second term.

Trump is going to be frustrated the next 2 years. And other then a whole bunch of hot air he hasn't really done anything the first 2 years.

We also need to remember compromising with the left is not an option for the alt-right. So what happens when they stop getting their way? How do they stay disciplined.

What happens if the caravan does arrive at the border and the Alt-Right takes matters into their own hands? Whose side is Trump going to take if people start getting shot? If women and children start getting shot?

It is all going to come crashing down at some point.

he hasn't really done anything the first 2 years.
This is the part of US politics that has been most interesting. The Republicans have controlled the whole process for two years now, they could have thumped in all their policy but they didn't.

Now the Democrats have the house, how much different can it be.

I know they can and I think trump wants them too it could be a trap.
Haha, yes Trump really, really wants to be investigated by the Dems who will have powers of subpoena, yep, that's his dream :D

Jesus, the nuffies are really coming out of the woodwork now

I'm not sure Trump will get a second term.

Trump is going to be frustrated the next 2 years. And other then a whole bunch of hot air he hasn't really done anything the first 2 years.

We also need to remember compromising with the left is not an option for the alt-right. So what happens when they stop getting their way? How do they stay disciplined.

What happens if the caravan does arrive at the border and the Alt-Right takes matters into their own hands? Whose side is Trump going to take if people start getting shot? If women and children start getting shot?

It is all going to come crashing down at some point.
You underestimate him he has lasted 2 years lying his arse off, racist misogynist crap every day. Why cant he last 8?

Haha, yes Trump really, really wants to be investigated by the Dems who will have powers of subpoena, yep, that's his dream :D

Jesus, the nuffies are really coming out of the woodwork now
Hes already threatened them, first thing he said to Pelosi.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back