List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Hamill is lightning and looking likely with a bit of development and Sholl whilst not super quick is no slower than Brown and should be ready for some action soon .

Hamill and Sholl are running defenders/accumulators in the Smith and Laird mould, they don’t have another small lock down defender on the list other than Brown and sometimes Kelly used for that role, I’d put McPherson in that conversation but who knows with him.

It’s a position the recruiting team have forgotten about for years

I don't know how many of those players will make it, and that's really not relevant to the point that I was making.

Consider the following scenario. Team X bids on player A with pick #6. Team Y holds picks #14 and #26, and decides to match the bid.

Pick #6 = 1751pts
Less the 20% NGA/FS discount = 1400pts

Pick #14 = 1161
Pick #26 = 729

Pick #14 moves up to #6, which is a neutral result for all picks in the 15+ range.

Y still requires a further 239pts, which come from #26.
729-239 = 490pts, which equates to pick #37.

So...
Picks 7-13 move down 1 position
Picks 15-25 are unaffected
Picks 27-36 move up 1 position
Picks 37+ are unaffected

Great post with a simple explanation

Out: Jenkins, Greenwood, Betts, Otten, Jacobs, Douglas, Keath (CEY, Hunter, Murphy/Butts/Wilson)
In: Frampton, Pick 4, Pick 23, Pick 28, Pick 37, Pick 45, Pick 49, Murphy/Wilson/Butts (rookie x3)

Opportunity to combine two picks for a higher pick.
Pick 45 + 49 for Pick 32ish?
Or move one of our mid 20 picks into the teens?

Will Hamill is lightning and looking likely with a bit of development and Sholl whilst not super quick is no slower than Brown and should be ready for some action soon .

I love both of these kids. Don’t think Scholl is quick though. I could be wrong but he seems a fair bit slower than Brown. But Hamill is quick. I really want to see these two play AFL next year.

Say we add Flanders at 4, then I think he plays 10-15 games while the rest of this years draftees play SANFL. Think Butts is probably still another season away, but Hamill, Scholl, Gallucci, McHenry, Jones, McAdam and Davis are all players that need to be the centre piece of next season. That is to say, the sole purpose of 2020 should be to pump games into these kids and really test them out. Play them until they’re cooked. Make Doedee and Fogarty into leaders.

We’ve just been embarrassed at the trade table. We have just been taken to the cleaners. I can absolutely take that, but it’s all for nothing unless we put games into the developing players as much as we possibly can next year.

Well what a terrible finish to trade period. We got screwed on both the Greenwood and Keath deals. Wasn't expecting anything from the older brigade leaving but thought we might be able to work our way into another pick in the teens is very disappointing
Greenwood and Keath had no currency. The rest were dead wood. It’s interesting what they’ll be planning with all those future picks

I love both of these kids. Don’t think Scholl is quick though. I could be wrong but he seems a fair bit slower than Brown. But Hamill is quick. I really want to see these two play AFL next year.

Say we add Flanders at 4, then I think he plays 10-15 games while the rest of this years draftees play SANFL. Think Butts is probably still another season away, but Hamill, Scholl, Gallucci, McHenry, Jones, McAdam and Davis are all players that need to be the centre piece of next season. That is to say, the sole purpose of 2020 should be to pump games into these kids and really test them out. Play them until they’re cooked. Make Doedee and Fogarty into leaders.

We’ve just been embarrassed at the trade table. We have just been taken to the cleaners. I can absolutely take that, but it’s all for nothing unless we put games into the developing players as much as we possibly can next year.
Why do people keep talking about Davis. He’s clearly not going to make it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best 22

Brown Hartigan Doedee
Laird Talia Milera
Smith Crouch Seedsman
ROB Crouch Gibbs
Lynch Walker Sloane
McHenry Fogarty McAdam
Kelly Atkins Jones Galluci

Extras: Knight, Frampton, Mackay, Poholke, Wilson, Stengle, Himmelburg, Davis

Emerging: Sholl, Hamill, McPherson, Picks 4, 23, 28, 37, 45, 49
Who relieves Rob in that 22. Not Fog or Tex. Frampton or Berg in.

Best 22

Brown Hartigan Doedee
Laird Talia Milera
Smith Crouch Seedsman
ROB Crouch Gibbs
Lynch Walker Sloane
McHenry Fogarty McAdam
Kelly Atkins Jones Galluci

Extras: Knight, Frampton, Mackay, Poholke, Wilson, Stengle, Himmelburg, Davis

Emerging: Sholl, Hamill, McPherson, Picks 4, 23, 28, 37, 45, 49
Looks ok.

I’m pretty bullish on our SANFL kids - Jones, McHenry, Sholl, Hamill and Butts. Lot of talent to emerge.

Well and truly time for Berg, Gallucci and Davis to stake a claim if they’re going to

Still so many that are blissfully unaware of the talent that was sitting below the pensioners this year.
That’s why I reckon some are calling this trade period a fail. I understand that due to poor selection policies we didn’t get to see much of this youth last year, but with Pyke, Campo and Burton gone that hopefully brings a fresh selection policy that promotes this youth.

Keath is replaced by Doedee, easy
Hopefully Butts can play some games over Hartigan
Fog can now play 22 games without JJ getting in the way; if his form wanes though and Frampton is going well it’s a nice backup to have
Stengle and McHenry can play 15+ games with Betts and Douglas gone
Poholke finally gets a chance to play as an inside mid with Greenwood and CEY gone; Jones also gets more mid time
We don’t have to worry about Jacobs ever coming in for ROB

Then there is Gallucci, Sholl, Hamill, Berg, pick 4 and pick 23 to push for games as well, I’m bloody excited!

Himmelberg to go back now we have frampton
Maybe or maybe Lynch goes back, Anyway I would give Butts a run before Himmelberg, Butts can defend one on one the only problem was his body size, 198 at 85 kg he needs an extra 10kg of muscle.
They still need to go to the Draft or Rookie list.

This is the list of players from 2013-2017 in order across of what was available at 4 , 23 , 28 , 37 , 45 and 49 or in between each pick .
Doesn't show everything of course but it does show that there is quality down to 50 almost every draft .

#4 - Bontempelli , De Goey , C.Oliver , B.Ainsworth , J.Stephenson
#23 - M.Crouch , J.Steele , J.Dunkley , A.Witherden , T.Kelly
#28 - R.Lobb , T.Miller , M.Redman , S.Bolton , S.Taylor
#37 - A.Pearce , M.McGovern , R.Bonner, E.Ratugolea , J.Petrucelle
#45 - B.Brown , B.Dale , B.Williams , D.Cameron , J.Worpel
#49 - J.Sicily , H.Andrews , S.Menegola , L.Young , G.Miers

Great post, thanks for that. A bit of a spring in my step after reading your post.

All those picks from 28 to 49 look great. If you could cherry pick those taken at 28,37,45 and 49 you would have an awesome list.

Worpel at 45 and Sicily at 49 is criminal to say the least.

Nope. Put Hartigan in the ruck or a tall mid. Or Lynch.
Nicks has already said 2 talls, 3 at the most (1 being Lynch).
Walker plays because we need to score.
Fogarty plays because he’s basically our saviour at this point.
Yes I heard him say that. We traded our 2 tall mids. Hartigan ruck would be interesting. Hope rob doesn’t go down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back