2019 AFL Crowds & Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In years past I think the AFL have put only 2 games on Mothers day to minimise the crowd damage. Don't know why they are going with 3 games this year.

These are the same guys who introduced rules to increase scoring that decreased scoring, and prioritised AFLX over the AFLW.

I'm surprised they don't have four games on mother's Day :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These are the same guys who introduced rules to increase scoring that decreased scoring, and prioritised AFLX over the AFLW.

I'm surprised they don't have four games on mother's Day :p

Yeah I reckon the AFL are really spewing about the 16% jump in ratings and being on track for attendance record

Yeah I reckon the AFL are really spewing about the 16% jump in ratings and being on track for attendance record

Mother's Day games are horrid, and scheduling multiple is stupid. Even a fanboi should know that

Mother's Day games are horrid, and scheduling multiple is stupid. Even a fanboi should know that

Haha, fanboi how old are you?

You're asserting that the afl introduced rule changes to increase scoring but they've explicitly said the changes were to inject space into the game.

And whether or not the rule changes are the driver there is clearly a massive increase in ratings this year.

Should the AFL have less than normal number of games on mother's Day Sunday? I don't know, maybe but I'm sure there are a range of other factors such as tv rights holders demands, stadia availability, etc that would come into it

There are a truck load more Key board warriors calling sports administrators incompetent than there are "fanbois" of said sports administrators

Haha, fanboi how old are you?

You're asserting that the afl introduced rule changes to increase scoring but they've explicitly said the changes were to inject space into the game.

And whether or not the rule changes are the driver there is clearly a massive increase in ratings this year.

Should the AFL have less than normal number of games on mother's Day Sunday? I don't know, maybe but I'm sure there are a range of other factors such as tv rights holders demands, stadia availability, etc that would come into it

There are a truck load more Key board warriors calling sports administrators incompetent than there are "fanbois" of said sports administrators

Yes. Every man and their dog is in the s**t if they snub mum on mums day. I know it's the one game that's non negotiable for me and dad to go to, it ain't worth our while.

Two I get, because they don't want dead air, but three imo is unnecessary

In years past I think the AFL have put only 2 games on Mothers day to minimise the crowd damage. Don't know why they are going with 3 games this year.

Because North/Geelong and Hawthorn/GWS are such bulletproof fixtures that it simply won’t matter that it’s Mother’s Day. :drunk:

Nah, leave the embarassing crowd cover ups to the NRL
The NRL are light years behind GWS and the Suns and Lions when it comes to cover ups.
How GWS can post crowds of 12,000 when the ground is only a 1/4 full is beyond any intelligent fan, but no doubt you believe it as you seem very credulous and will trot out the old chestnut about the crowd being on the camera side due to the heat of the sun in August LOL.
Time for you to wake up and smell the coffee and get in the real world, but i know you will reply with some asinine comment about how hot the Sun can be in Sydney in August and at Giants home games LOL.

The NRL are light years behind GWS and the Suns and Lions when it comes to cover ups.
How GWS can post crowds of 12,000 when the ground is only a 1/4 full is beyond any intelligent fan, but no doubt you believe it as you seem very credulous and will trot out the old chestnut about the crowd being on the camera side due to the heat of the sun in August LOL.
Time for you to wake up and smell the coffee and get in the real world, but i know you will reply with some asinine comment about how hot the Sun can be in Sydney in August and at Giants home games LOL.
Go and take your NRL cheerleading somewhere else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back