Unofficial Preview 2019 AFL Grand Final: Carlton v Adelaide: Banter Thread: Carlton Supporters Welcome...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google 'village idiot'.
Hmm, well it didn't have an explanation of the term but it did have a helpful picture.

1399.jpg

Lol, 8th position is well ahead of 16th.

We are having a s**t season by our expectations, yet miles ahead of you...

Well done you passed grade 2 maths.
Now I am going to use a “big word” here, so you may want to get your parents or a dictionary.
Are you ready?
Good.
Now we extrapolate (this is where you go looking for help) out the results of the oldest list in the AFL vs the one with potential stars under 23 on every line. ( I have included potential there because I acknowledge that no one can accurately predict the future, all we can do is predict it using the best information available) and see the AFC is in for a very bad time.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hilarious hearing Carlton supporters criticizing our lack of success.

Carlton have had ONE top 4 finish since 1995!

We have had more recent grand final wins, more grand final wins, more recent grand final appearances, more grand final appearances, more finals appearances, more prelim appearances, more minor premierships, more top 4 finishes, and an overall higher win percentage since Carlton's last flag.

In that period we are undoubtedly more successful by such a massive margin it's idiotic to criticize us for success
Carlton have not won a AFL premiership workout cheating.

Last edited:
FMD... I don’t reacon i’ve read a more lame comeback in my life..

I have one worse than that - don't you f***ing hate it when some dork says something like '1988 called and they want their hair back' or some nerd variation of that. A friend of mine actually said something similar to me once and I wanted to shove an icepick up his dickhole.

Well done you passed grade 2 maths.
Now I am going to use a “big word” here, so you may want to get your parents or a dictionary.
Are you ready?
Good.
Now we extrapolate (this is where you go looking for help) out the results of the oldest list in the AFL vs the one with potential stars under 23 on every line. ( I have included potential there because I acknowledge that no one can accurately predict the future, all we can do is predict it using the best information available) and see the AFC is in for a very bad time.

Lol, Cartlon have been extrapolating improvement for over a decade.

I'll educate you on another word - deluded!

Jeez KM lift! There is so much fertile ground that you could dig in and you keep going back to the same old paddock.
This is a banter thread after all!

I want to see a lift in your posts in future.
I would hate to think you were past it or set in your ways irrespective of what the feedback told you. Ala?

I was just using Google to look up "Village Idiot" and "extrapolate", then I got sidetracked and saw this:

"Sonic the Hedgehog- 15 years old Tails the Fox- 8 years old Amy the Hedgehog- 12 years old Shadow the Hedgehog- 50+ years old Silver the Hedgehog- 14 years old Blaze the Cat- 14 years old Cream the Rabbit- 6 years old Vector the Crocodile- 20 years old Espio the Chameleon- 16 years old Rouge the Bat- 18 years old ... "

Yeah I said carlton will go past the crows either this year or next. They may go past the crows this weekend
You need to get help from Espio as he mentioned he has got past grade 2 maths.

5 + 1 < 9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was just using Google to look up "Village Idiot" and "extrapolate", then I got sidetracked and saw this:

"Sonic the Hedgehog- 15 years old Tails the Fox- 8 years old Amy the Hedgehog- 12 years old Shadow the Hedgehog- 50+ years old Silver the Hedgehog- 14 years old Blaze the Cat- 14 years old Cream the Rabbit- 6 years old Vector the Crocodile- 20 years old Espio the Chameleon- 16 years old Rouge the Bat- 18 years old ... "

Oh flash, I really do appreciate you putting in the effort to research me (makes me feel a little special, warm and fuzzy almost), but I can’t be a 45 yo fat neck beard and a 20 yo gaming superstar all at once. Photographic evidence has already been produced!

We find they're easier for Carlton simpletons to understand.
I always struggle ot pronounce your user name. Its "TheAnus" correct?? ;)
you do know where the odds are derived?..market confidence is a main driver of the odds..in simple terms just for you, that means punters putting more money on the crows than carlton to win the game. So the wider public (who could be wrong) believe Carlton go into their remaining games as underdogs. very simple concept to understand
Sorry but your wrong. In a nutshell. The bookies set the market using complex formulas. The big bookies have teams of people ( or software) that work it all out before the match. The bookie then skews the odds in their favour. If you like the look of the odds your getting you place a bet. If it looks like the public are getting on a team the bookie then changes the odds to suit themselves (generally in their favour again). This is where the market drives it from. But initially its all worked before hand. Ever notice the odds are up for games before a bet is even laid?? How could they give odds if it needs the public to set it?? Thats basically it, you were sort of right. A quick google search will help if you want to really know.

OMG.

Please tell me that you don't actually think Bryce Gibbs (who is heavily in debt) left for less money to reluctantly return home to Adelaide.

You must be one of those same posters who think Carlton are paying Mitch McGovern a million dollars per season.
Heavily in debt??? Maybe it's because he took a "significant" pay-cut to play for the Crows (according to Roo, he is on less than McGovern's $550K per year before he done a dash for cash to Carlton for $800K per year), we only deal with facts here (like my excellent analysis on the Gibbs trade).

Heavily in debt??? Maybe it's because he took a "significant" pay-cut to play for the Crows (according to Roo, he is on less than what McGovern's $550K before he done a dash for cash to Carlton for $800K), we only deal with facts here (like my excellent analysis on the Gibbs trade).

Well if Mark Rucciuto said it then it must be true :rolleyes:

You need to keep in mind that Roo has form when it comes to stretching the truth to the public for the sake of the club.

He was most likely in damage control when he made that declaration re: Gibbs salary, because he was getting backlash about paying 2 first round picks (and yes you did pay 2 first round picks, I don’t care how you try and justify a second round downgrade to a first etc - you coughed up 10 and 16 irrespective of what was coming back in the second round).

Well if Mark Rucciuto said it then it must be true :rolleyes:

You need to keep in mind that Roo has form when it comes to stretching the truth to the public for the sake of the club.

He was most likely in damage control when he made that declaration re: Gibbs salary, because he was getting backlash about paying 2 first round picks (and yes you did pay 2 first round picks, I don’t care how you try and justify a second round downgrade to a first etc - you coughed up 10 and 16 irrespective of what was coming back in the second round).
Beats some poster saying Gibb's is heavily in debt on Big Footy......
You do know the 2nd rounder we gave you was nearly cancel by the 3rd rounder we got from you (this was only possible because you guys finished last, thanks!!!!!), hence it's pick 10 (in a weak draft) + an early 3rd rounder was essentially what we gave you.

You need to get help from Espio as he mentioned he has got past grade 2 maths.

5 + 1 < 9

Yet another red herring by a crowbot.

go past i.e. be a better side now and for the foreseeable future.

Like if Carlton beat the Crows this weekend (which im not saying we will, I cant see any side not responding after the week crows have had) I cant imagine the crows being an overall better side than Carlton for the foreseeable future.

Beats some poster saying Gibb's is heavily in debt on Big Footy......
You do know the 2nd rounder we gave you was nearly cancel by the 3rd rounder we got from you (this was only possible because you guys finished last, thanks!!!!!), hence it's pick 10 (in a weak draft) + an early 3rd rounder was essentially what we gave you.

LMAO there you go again!

You need to stop with the delusional justification, it’s becoming embarrassing for your fellow supporters now.

Just man up and accept the well known fact that you overpaid by using two first round picks.

FWIW I really hope you aren’t an economist (safe to say that you wouldn’t be).

LMAO there you go again!

You need to stop with the delusional justification, it’s becoming embarrassing for your fellow supporters now.

Just man up and accept the well known fact that you overpaid by using two first round picks.

FWIW I really hope you aren’t an economist (safe to say that you wouldn’t be).
Nah, it's call excellent analysis (you need to have football knowledge to understand it).
If you guys didn't finish last but at least 12th, then I agree, we did give you 2 1st rounder, but you didn't you finished dead last so you made the trade in our favour.
Thanks Carlton....again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back