Who will be premiers?

• Tigers

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Giants

Votes: 21 56.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What do the Giants even do from here?

Ward and Coniglio back next year but no way they are the difference today.

Crazy how one game can obliterate a team's outlook like this.

Leon cameron could be in for a bit of GT treatment... given the arse for being good, but not great.

Odds on Ross Lyon could take his chair too if the Giants wanted to make a change!

Theirs. They just didn't have the cattle. The back 6 held up well for it never being able to clear the center.

They were also very banged up.

Richmond had the reverse on their season. Started banged up. Got to full fitness and firing by the end.
Big call. I think there is plenty they would have done differently if they had another chance.

They've had just as much of the footy as them and scored their lowest ever score. 3 goals in a GF.

They had a couple banged up, but they are full of talent.

I think when they come up against them next time they'll be doing a few things differently. Most sides would kill to have that amount of talent up forward but despite having just as much footy as Richmond they weren't able to pierce that zone and never looked like scoring.

Cameron has underperformed with this side. He got a heap of pat on the backs for having 3 good weeks and getting them to a GF, but it should have happened a while ago with that list.

GWS played their GF last week. Collingwood would put up a much better effort but blew their chance last week.

Something good to come out of the game, is it proves that the slow chipping possession game has no hope against the best.

Collingwood, Geelong, Doggies etc. Gotta wonder who would have been as insipid, GCS? Maybe Melbourne? Reckon there would be 15 other teams that play with more heart including Saints.

Big call. I think there is plenty they would have done differently if they had another chance.

They've had just as much of the footy as them and scored their lowest ever score. 3 goals in a GF.

They had a couple banged up, but they are full of talent.

I think when they come up against them next time they'll be doing a few things differently. Most sides would kill to have that amount of talent up forward but despite having just as much footy as Richmond they weren't able to pierce that zone and never looked like scoring.

Cameron has underperformed with this side. He got a heap of pat on the backs for having 3 good weeks and getting them to a GF, but it should have happened a while ago with that list.
They no doubt would do things differently. I don't think they go in the Whitfield and Davis who were obviously injured.

But game plan. I'm not sure if any changes could have been made to overcome an 80+ deficit. What are you suggesting?

They were just so far off it. Particularly in the midfield.

I actually think without their game plan they don't even make the prelim.

Collingwood, Geelong, Doggies etc. Gotta wonder who would have been as insipid, GCS? Maybe Melbourne? Reckon there would be 15 other teams that play with more heart including Saints.
Probably sounds a bit petty but... Richmond were quite lucky to play 2 out of state teams who didn't turn up on the day for 2 very easy gf.

Probably sounds a bit petty but... Richmond were quite lucky to play 2 out of state teams who didn't turn up on the day for 2 very easy gf.
Your right, but w're not wondering how good Richmond are, because our mouths are open amazed at the lack of heart that GWS have. One plan. one shot in the locker then just don't try, a shameful performance by GWS. Maybe Richmond would have beaten the other finalists too. GWS beat up on a young Dogs and young Lions teams had fewer scoring shots than Lions and Pies and finished 6th after home and away.

They no doubt would do things differently. I don't think they go in the Whitfield and Davis who were obviously injured.

But game plan. I'm not sure if any changes could have been made to overcome an 80+ deficit. What are you suggesting?

They were just so far off it. Particularly in the midfield.

I actually think without their game plan they don't even make the prelim.

Played their GF last week. I think it’s as simple as that.

I'm normally feeling mildly bitter about our lost chances on GF day, but I'm feeling a bit emotionally checked out currently. I'll always support the club - financially - but sometimes I feel like a premiership will never happen for us, and that's a bit meh currently. There has been recent change in the administration/leadership roles in the club, which I think are positive change. But St Kilda have had many saviours in the past that have been more accurately described as charlatans.

Last edited:
I'm normally feeling mildly bitter about our lost chances, but I'm feeling a bit emotionally checked out currently. I'll always support the club - financially - but sometimes I feel like a premiership will never happen for us, and that's a bit meh currently. There has been recent change in the administration/leadership roles in the club, which I think are positive change. But St Kilda have had many saviours in the past that have been more accurately described as charlatans.
I've had the same s**t feeling after every grand final for the past 9 years.
Why can't it be us. We're all not greedy we only want 1!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've had the same s**t feeling after every grand final for the past 9 years.
Why can't it be us. We're all not greedy we only want 1!

It's just that nagging crap feeling this time every year.

I haven't watched a GF live or on TV since I was at the 2010 replay.

I thought this year I'd be up for it....Nope.

As I mentioned in an earlier post all those crap emotions surfaced this morning and amplified as the day went on.

I'm grasping at straws here but I remember the absolute dire feelings of all tigers supporters I knew 8/9/10 years ago.

We can dream I guess.

It can be done but as we all know you have to get so much right.

And pray that the oppo on GF day doesn't turn up.

How good would it have been to be a Tiges supporter knowing you had the cup 1/2 way thru the 3rd 1/4.....just sit back and take it all in.

Still can't believe that GWS in their first GF kicked their lowest score ever.....incredible.

It was a one sided game after quarter time but hopefully Giants will bounce back next year.

And hopefully we appear in September action soon.

Tom Lynch: "I just love this football club"

FMD. he's basically the equivilant of a band Wagoner. Jumped onto an already strong club. Contributed not much. Walks away with a flag.

Have no issues with the likes of Dusty jroo cotch etc. But pumping up lynch is a bit rich.

Ha , I wasnt talking about him winning it , i was saying how stupid he is for running in it if he was suppose to be wearing a brace
You can see that he still had the brace on his arm. My mate said that they get asked to run, maybe everyone else was away.

Tom Lynch: "I just love this football club"

FMD. he's basically the equivilant of a band Wagoner. Jumped onto an already strong club. Contributed not much. Walks away with a flag.

Have no issues with the likes of Dusty jroo cotch etc. But pumping up lynch is a bit rich.

I see it another way. Was drafted to a s**t club. Did not run out at the first opportunity ( as we hope Bing does ☺️) so good luck to him.

What gets me is that a premiership side was able to pick him up without having to use their first round draft pick. Now THAT really irritates me. I reckon a top 4 team should not be able to get a free agent without some cost to them draft pick-wise.

Lynch is everything that is wrong with AFL free agency.

The league want an American system where salary caps impacts where stars go and stop teams from loading up to win titles.

But US sports are now working out that the money is so high that 15 mil vs 10 mil and a championship is a real question.

AFL players aren't all greedy robots. It's drummed into every kid that team success is the ultimate. Nat Fyfe would trade both Brownlows for a single flag.

So when Tom Lynch looks at his options ,and decides on the lowest offer from he best team in the league, it goes totally against what the system is supposed to achieve.

St Kilda offered much more money. Some reports were as high as 500k a season more. Our bid came late in the piece though and we were never in the hunt.

Collingwood also offered more. Not as much as St Kilda, but they also had the lure of being Lynch's favorite team as a kid.

Lynch still chose the Tigers.

I don't know what the solution is. Do teams picking up FA players give up picks/points based on compo?

EG Lynch is worth band 1 compo so the Tigers have to lose their first round pick?

Or maybe put some power back with the club's and allow them to trade players while under contract. Tim Kelly off to Freo you go.

Unfortunately there is no easy answers and so it's really easy for clubs to fall into limbo while others are blessed with a timed run to win multiple flags.

My hope is that this group - Clark, Coffield, Bytel, Ming and maybe Bing, Wilkie etc - all gel and hit a peak in 4-5 years as Tassie and WA3 come in a ruin the draft for the teams falling through the mid card.

If it's another Richo style false dawn though then we are in for a world of hurt and a long time doing nothing because FA options are going to flock to the big MCG clubs for a shot at a flag.

The league want an American system where salary caps impacts where stars go and stop teams from loading up to win titles.

But US sports are now working out that the money is so high that 15 mil vs 10 mil and a championship is a real question.

AFL players aren't all greedy robots. It's drummed into every kid that team success is the ultimate. Nat Fyfe would trade both Brownlows for a single flag.

So when Tom Lynch looks at his options ,and decides on the lowest offer from he best team in the league, it goes totally against what the system is supposed to achieve.

St Kilda offered much more money. Some reports were as high as 500k a season more. Our bid came late in the piece though and we were never in the hunt.

Collingwood also offered more. Not as much as St Kilda, but they also had the lure of being Lynch's favorite team as a kid.

I don't know what the solution is. Do teams picking up FA players give up picks/points based on compo?

EG Lynch is worth band 1 compo so the Tigers have to lose their first round pick?

Or maybe put some power back with the club's and allow them to trade players while under contract. Tim Kelly off to Freo you go.

Unfortunately there is no easy answers and so it's really easy for clubs to fall into limbo while others are blessed with a timed run to win multiple flags.

My hope is that this group - Clark, Coffield, Bytel, Ming and maybe Bing, Wilkie etc - all gel and hit a peak in 4-5 years as Tassie and WA3 come in a ruin the draft for the teams falling through the mid card.

If it's another Richo style false dawn though then we are in for a world of hurt and a long time doing nothing because FA options are going to flock to the big MCG clubs for a shot at a flag.
What's the point of a salary cap when you can make more money through brand deals and connections made from being at a big successful club?

I think the reasonable thing is for a club attracting a free agent to have to match their value

Eg- lynch to rich = a top 5 pick. Rich have to give up top 5 points.

Of course that will all come in after we have a chance to benefit from it

Well that was rather pedestrian. Men vs Boys. A good experience for the Sydney boys I suspect who will be stronger for the experience. Was nice to see the Tigers fans ROAR and Pickett, first gamer do so well (and win 2 GF's in 2 weeks). Pretty decent.

Back