AFL Grand Final Grand Final, 2023: Collingwood v Brisbane

Who will be premiers?

• Magpies

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Lions

Votes: 13 61.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Iā€™m just enjoying it now, itā€™s such a relief to be honest. For the saints side of me the journey and process continues.
They should've won by 3-4 goals, their kicking cost them a bit. One of the great GF's though.

Whoā€™s bad ?
Itā€™s actually ****ed their depth in their 22.

I forgot Tom Mitchell was there and then remembered heā€™s a brownlow medalist and he played like it.

Jack crisp has to be the most underrated player in the game. Could not pick his face out of a gallery if you gave me a million tries. Is he a bnf winner?

Old man pendles still doing his tjing

Josh and Nick daicos being superstars

Sidebottom and degoey.

Only c graders/unknowns are Mccreary, Murphy, frampton, Cox

Chaos ball works when you also have the skill to hit the fast and low passes. Some of the passing in this game from both sides was elite. Genuinely blew me off my feet watching the ball movement compared to us

Couldn't agree more mate.

With fast run and gun footy the order of the day, skills have never been more important.

For us to contend, we have to improve in that area, no doubt.

For some reason I can no longer dislike everything Collingwood. McRae has something about him, and they deserved the win they have been the best team all year.

Hopefully that karma works for us at some stage.
I hate that theyā€™re not campaigners. Iā€™m glad they won now theyā€™ll be insufferable again and I can hate thme

Couldn't agree more mate.

With fast run and gun footy the order of the day, skills have never been more important.

For us to contend, we have to improve in that area, no doubt.
Itā€™s a misconception that chaos ball means mung the ball 70m high into the sky forward at any costs. The true fast teams are skill full and precise in how they cut through like a ninja

Billy Frampton is now a premiership player.
And he along with Brody Mihocek are premiership key forwards. And Iā€™m sure thereā€™s still some who think key forwards are the answer. Mids and flankers with speed win you flags, at some stage we need to start emulating what premiership teams do.

Thereā€™s a balance but itā€™s clearly in favour of fast ball movement. Too hard to play perfect football when pressure is that high.

Not sure Lyon cares about perfection. I think he's all for fast ball movement we just need to get better players in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And he along with Brody Mihocek are premiership key forwards. And Iā€™m sure thereā€™s still some who think key forwards are the answer. Mids and flankers with speed win you flags, at some stage we need to start emulating what premiership teams do.

Mihocek is very underrated. He's a Membrey quality forward which is a very good standard still. I think having heaps of avenues to goal helps and Pies have a huge spread. Brisbane have too much reliance on Daniher and Cameron to do too much of the work.

Not sure Lyon cares about perfection. I think he's all for fast ball movement we just need to get better players in.
We averaged the most marks in the league per game and our record when we couldnā€™t get the uncontested mark game going was abysmal. Definitely an improved gameplan this year but thatā€™s the one worry.

The better players is an interesting one because you can argue a gameplan can make them. Richmond in 2016 looked like they were going nowhere, change of gameplan with the same players and they win three flags. Collingwood underachieve with a boring gameplan then turn it all around with a positive coach.

Daniher's performance should give confidence that a King type can impact on the big day but we need to start getting him up the field more.

But the discussion about whether we pursue Ben should be done. We can get by with a lesser name supporting cast around Max if we build up the midfield and get some mids who can hit the scoreboard.

We averaged the most marks in the league per game and our record when we couldnā€™t get the uncontested mark game going was abysmal. Definitely an improved gameplan this year but thatā€™s the one worry.

The better players is an interesting one because you can argue a gameplan can make them. Richmond in 2016 looked like they were going nowhere, change of gameplan with the same players and they win three flags. Collingwood underachieve with a boring gameplan then turn it all around with a positive coach.

Lyon seems a pretty shrewd operator. At least we look like we should be competitive under him. A premiership looks a long way off at the moment but you never know what can happen with a few tweaks.

The last 2 premierships were won by older sides. Collingwood are a very mature and experienced side and really only had one bad year with a mass of injuries, mostly to backs who are their strength and then got gifted a generational player as a FS. We have a dearth of older players but Melbourne nabbed one against the current.

Moral of today's game is you can have a lot of bad players in a premiership team if your top end is elite.
Think it more that key moments in grand finals make a difference. De goey and Steele got it done. Hipworth Daniher not so much both had nearly moments. Just a couple of elites make a difference

Unbelievable game. Pies good. Deserved.

Love Pendles and moore.

We got a good game. All that matters really.

May as well hit the city and enjoy the vibe while I'm (semi) young. Not sure saints are gonna ever allow it lol.

Back