Player Watch Fischer McAsey - Steps Away from Football, Not Returning

Do you think Fischer McAsey will be at the AFC in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you for proving the point.

Martin & Cotchin > Sloane, Crouch x2
Rance > Talia
Riewoldt >>> Tex
Betts > ???

The only comparison where Adelaide comes out ahead is Eddie Betts, with Richmond not having a star small forward.

Much though we love them, our "stars" are just not that good - they are not champions of the game who are automatic & regular AA selections. If you think the likes of Crouch (x2) & Sloane are in the same league as Martin, then you've got rocks in your head. Martin has them covered by the length of the Flemington Straight.
Again, you’re talking about the current star status. I’m talking about specifically for the year in 2017, we had more stars. The proof was there - we had more wins and a better score percentage. Our midfield was among the best for the most part (Sloane and Crouch bros a big factor); Talia and Laird were mostly rock solid in defense; Tex and Betts were a big factor in our high scores up forward.

Now the above is a separate issue in how much we stuffed it up on GF day. And the other issue is that our “stars” have declined in the recent 2 years, and the Tigers have developed more stars of their own during the same period.

2017 All Australian Team
Adelaide 3 - Laird, Betts, M Crouch
Richmond 2 - Rance, Martin

2017 All Australian Squad
Adelaide 8 - Walker, Lever, Jacobs, Sloane, Lynch + 3 AA
Richmond - 2 AA's

We had the quality in 2017, but unfortunately most didn't perform on the day at Richmond's home ground... including our team selection/strategy.

I thought it was me that made the bet and that you accepted. But we are talking semantics :). And I'm sorry but I won't wish you luck. Not so much for the $100, but for the club.

you of course remember when marty36 disappeared when Doedee came good, and told all sorts of lies about the reasons for his absence?

you won’t see him for dust if you win, bloke has no integrity

Again, you’re talking about the current star status. I’m talking about specifically for the year in 2017, we had more stars. The proof was there - we had more wins and a better score percentage. Our midfield was among the best for the most part (Sloane and Crouch bros a big factor); Talia and Laird were mostly rock solid in defense; Tex and Betts were a big factor in our high scores up forward.

Now the above is a separate issue in how much we stuffed it up on GF day. And the other issue is that our “stars” have declined in the recent 2 years, and the Tigers have developed more stars of their own during the same period.

FFS in the latter 1/2 of the season and all through the finals Richmond were the dominant team in the league.

we just didn’t stop to notice

FFS in the latter 1/2 of the season and all through the finals Richmond were the dominant team in the league.

we just didn’t stop to notice
Nice try Sanders. Did you conveniently forget that we gave the Cats (who were higher ranked and more fancied than the Tigers leading towards the Finals series) a big spanking in the Prelim?

And did you not see Kane’s list above with the amount of players who made it onto the AA squad?

you of course remember when marty36 disappeared when Doedee came good, and told all sorts of lies about the reasons for his absence?

Or spine.

• Dustin Martin was AA in 2016, 2017 & 2018 - and won the Norm Smith medal in 2017 & 2019.
  • Trent Cotchin was AA in 2012
  • Alex Rance was AA in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
  • Jack Riewoldt was AA in 2010, 2015, and 2018
But sure, go ahead, kid yourself that they didn't become superstars until 2017!

Hey Sanders stop sprouting off

Will you give me 100 on finishing 9th or higher

Or do you just want to continue with dribble

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think that Sanders is as silly or as optimistic as me. But if you're so confident, I'll take another $100 that we finish better than bottom 4. Are you game enough to take the bet?
I believe we will finish around 14th so no I would lose my bet

I only bet when the odds are in my favour

As we all know how odds work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly, I used their stats as of 2017, not now.
  • Dustin Martin was AA in 2016, 2017 & 2018 - and won the Norm Smith medal in 2017 & 2019.
  • Trent Cotchin was AA in 2012
  • Alex Rance was AA in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
  • Jack Riewoldt was AA in 2010, 2015, and 2018
But sure, go ahead, kid yourself that they didn't become superstars until 2017!

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Exactly, I used their stats as of 2017, not now.

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

They had a Brownlow Medalist and a two time Coleman winning forward plus a multiple All Australian defender. All won before 2017.

What did we have? Not much and not much since either

The top 6-middle 6-bottom 6 model is still relevant

ou need your top 6 to be high quality. Ours haven’t been high enough

You need your bottom 6 to make an impact consistently. Players like Mackay Atkins Knight haven’t

We’ve had too many mid-quality players

Then you need a good game plan and everyone on board

Hmm I think I can see our problem the past two years...

The top 6-middle 6-bottom 6 model is still relevant

ou need your top 6 to be high quality. Ours haven’t been high enough

You need your bottom 6 to make an impact consistently. Players like Mackay Atkins Knight haven’t

We’ve had too many mid-quality players

Then you need a good game plan and everyone on board

Hmm I think I can see our problem the past two years...
Who would you rate our best 6 in 2017

Sloane
Talia
Betts
Tex
Sauce
Smith/laird

Its interesting that halfway thru last year the media had the Crows side containing 7 potential All Australian,
2nd Half of the year the Drop off was so bad only one of these made the team.

So looking at that You would think with a change in the Football Management team, we should expect 6 of those players to again push hard.
there your 6 top players Bay62 Now all we need is the 6 bottom player to improve.

Nice try Sanders. Did you conveniently forget that we gave the Cats (who were higher ranked and more fancied than the Tigers leading towards the Finals series) a big spanking in the Prelim?

And did you not see Kane’s list above with the amount of players who made it onto the AA squad?

Richmond were the obvious form team leading into the finals series. Good judges were terrified of meeting them in a GF weeks out. Even judges that booked their GF flights/accom in July.

Back