List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Given our usual shitty run with injuries, I’d like to see Anderson, Budarick, Corbett and Riordan push for spots in seniors. If Anderson is as good as they say, he’ll play early.
wouldnt be surprised if they start him in the first 2 or 3 rounds. Cause we've got a bit of a more solid list this year he probs won't be like lukosius and get a chance to play every week

Given our usual shitty run with injuries, I’d like to see Anderson, Budarick, Corbett and Riordan push for spots in seniors. If Anderson is as good as they say, he’ll play early.
Anderson has the body to step in right away. There is going to be some surprises come round 1 for our best 22 I reckon

I agree max four for me. I think we just need to take our academy zone selections and then these four and work on developing these guys. We got I think it was 7 young guys last year who are all still here, and 3 haven't debuted yet. I'd be happy to trade up our picks to move up the order so we're playing more quality than quantity game style.
Does Nick Holman need to be elevated or can he stay as a rookie. If he stays as a rookie and Martin leaves we have 5 senior and three rookie picks , is that correct ??

Does Nick Holman need to be elevated or can he stay as a rookie. If he stays as a rookie and Martin leaves we have 5 senior and three rookie picks , is that correct ??
I believe that's correct. We should still be able to pre-sign 3-4 academy/Darwin kids or add delisted players to the rookie list depending on Holman/Marin situation. Maybe just waiting for some kids to finish exams? I was surprised that Rosas, Conroy and Budarick started preseason already. No school exams for them?

Last edited:
My mail from an opposition recruiter is that Anderson is not the 2nd best player in this draft, but if this recruiter was at the Suns, he'd pick him because he's one of the best players & is also Rowell's mate. I think Anderson & Corbett should both be top 22 players for us in 2020 out of those recently mentioned in this thread.

My mail from an opposition recruiter is that Anderson is not the 2nd best player in this draft, but if this recruiter was at the Suns, he'd pick him because he's one of the best players & is also Rowell's mate. I think Anderson & Corbett should both be top 22 players for us in 2020 out of those recently mentioned in this thread.

Did he give Anderson a number?

I’ve spoken to a couple of people who work in club land and its been pretty agreed upon that Rowell and Anderson are the clear 1 and 2 in the draft so that’s surprising that someone else doesn’t agree with that

I’ve spoken to a couple of people who work in club land and its been pretty agreed upon that Rowell and Anderson are the clear 1 and 2 in the draft so that’s surprising that someone else doesn’t agree with that
The only player comes to mind is Green. Some so called draft experts have him number 1 or 2 and argue that there are clear 3 best in this draft - Rowell, Green, Anderson.

The only player comes to mind is Green. Some so called draft experts have him number 1 or 2 and argue that there are clear 3 best in this draft - Rowell, Green, Anderson.
Green is definitely around there but he doesn’t have the game changing ability of Anderson or the complete game of Rowell. Still a very good footballer

There’s obviously a few different opinions out there. I’ve heard others say if they had just the first pick they’d go Anderson as his potential ceiling is highest, and he is the most damaging midfielder when stationed up forward.

Who is your best 22?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven’t worked it out yet, but Corbett & Anderson should be in it.
The obvious response is - if you want to include players, you've got to exclude others.

Can't play King, Wright, Day, Corbett in the same side. At the end of the year we were going with 2 tall forwards only.

Anderson - definitely got the potential and wouldn't be surprised if he is in by the end of the season, however to start - he is going to have to beat out a lot of more established players

Mids: Bowes, Fiorini, Swallow, Miles, Miller, Brodie, Ellis, Weller, Rowell, Greenwood
Fwd/Mids: Macpherson, Ainsworth, Powell, Holman, Lemmens
Fwds: Rankine, Sexton

Thats 17 players above, excluding Anderson.

Given We will play Witts, 3 tall defenders, probably harbrow and hanley + 2 or 3 tall forwards. That leaves either 12 or 13 midfielders from the above list + Anderson. If you've got Corbett in as a 3rd tall forward and Anderson ahead of 5 of the above then thats cool - I just don't see it Rd 1.

EDIT: Forgot Lukosius as well. So if you want to play the backline with 2 true tall defenders (Thompson/Collins) + Ballard + Lukosius - you will need to strike off another mid from that list to fit Corbett and Anderson in.

Last edited:
The obvious response is - if you want to include players, you've got to exclude others.

Can't play King, Wright, Day, Corbett in the same side. At the end of the year we were going with 2 tall forwards only.

Anderson - definitely got the potential and wouldn't be surprised if he is in by the end of the season, however to start - he is going to have to beat out a lot of more established players

Mids: Bowes, Fiorini, Swallow, Miles, Miller, Brodie, Ellis, Weller, Rowell, Greenwood

Given We will play Witts, 3 tall defenders, probably harbrow and hanley + 2 or 3 tall forwards. That leaves either 12 or 13 midfielders from the above list + Anderson. If you've got Corbett in as a 3rd tall forward and Anderson ahead of 5 of the above then thats cool - I just don't see it Rd 1.

EDIT: Forgot Lukosius as well. So if you want to play the backline with 2 true tall defenders (Thompson/Collins) + Ballard + Lukosius - you will need to strike off another mid from that list to fit Corbett and Anderson in.
Nice problem to have. More competition for spots should mean we finally start getting more acceptable performances, more consistently, out of a number of players who have a habit of only showing up every other week.

I expect Corbett & Lukosius to both be better than Day & Wright next year, although I think 1 of them will also be best 22 as the back-up ruck. I expect Anderson to be better than MacPherson, Lemmens, Miles, Brodie, B Ellis, Hanley & maybe Powell & Holman. Nothing against those guys & some of them could also be best 22. I just expect Corbett, Lukosius & Anderson to all be good & some of the others to slip back or maybe not recover from injuries. I'll wait until after the draft to pick my best 22.

I expect Corbett & Lukosius to both be better than Day & Wright next year, although I think 1 of them will also be best 22 as the back-up ruck. I expect Anderson to be better than MacPherson, Lemmens, Miles, Brodie, B Ellis, Hanley & maybe Powell & Holman. Nothing against those guys & some of them could also be best 22. I just expect Corbett, Lukosius & Anderson to all be good & some of the others to slip back or maybe not recover from injuries. I'll wait until after the draft to pick my best 22.
You reckon Anderson will be better than macpherson, Brodie and Brandon Ellis round 1.
Fair play to the young man.
I can’t wait to see him out there too. Just reckon it’ll be a little later in the year.
Very happy for a bit of competition for spots.

You reckon Anderson will be better than macpherson, Brodie and Brandon Ellis round 1.
Fair play to the young man.
I can’t wait to see him out there too. Just reckon it’ll be a little later in the year.
Very happy for a bit of competition for spots.
Not round 1. Over the season. They've all got potential. It is just my guess over the course of 2020.

Not round 1. Over the season. They've all got potential. It is just my guess over the course of 2020.
Yeah fair enough.
We’re talking different things then.
In my mind - best 22 means the team that we will select round 1 assuming no injuries..

Agree I’d hope he is in the mix over the course of the season.

Agree...no point picking a 22 until we know who we have to pick from. Still could be a smokie to appear between now and last selection. I would say however that Wright will be under the microscope if he doesn't show a lot more than he did last year so he'd be on my 'doubtful' list already and maybe Lemmens as another. Great position to be in though with so many players in a good position to push out some of the established guys from last year - and like it or not, some will have to go back to NEAFL to show their strengths.

Jack Martin is demanding a five-year deal — including a wage of more than $1 million in 2020 — as the midfielder aims to walk to Carlton in the pre-season draft.
Nine reports this will all but guarantee him a spot on Carlton’s list next year, knocking Gold Coast and Melbourne out of the race for his signature.

It is understood that Martin also only nominated for the pre-season draft and not the national draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back