List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

what handouts?
Should make a quick adjustment, asking for handouts. The last couple of years we have asked for extra draft picks. Last year, we got primary access to 3 top level state players as well. I just don't like the look that we constantly need to keep asking for extra assistance especially with what we got to set up the club (while not as good as GWS) should have seen us get higher than we have finished since our inception.

Just frustrated that nearly 10 years in we are still in a position where we are asking for assistance.

has an offer but its reportedly significantly less then he was on.
I believe the suns have a contract offer on the table for him but it’s less than his previous contract.
I notice he finished among your bests in one of his recent games. Is he looking healthy? I recall reading something to the effect of question marks over his agility, given his injury.

Should make a quick adjustment, asking for handouts. The last couple of years we have asked for extra draft picks. Last year, we got primary access to 3 top level state players as well. I just don't like the look that we constantly need to keep asking for extra assistance especially with what we got to set up the club (while not as good as GWS) should have seen us get higher than we have finished since our inception.

Just frustrated that nearly 10 years in we are still in a position where we are asking for assistance.
agree frustrated with our history but we are past that initial setup now. Im confident we have the bulk of the right staff and process' in place. Any remains of our Initial Handouts are Long gone as is the incompetent people running the club.

So we need to look at it as a fresh start up with 2018 being our first year. Onfield statistics for 18/19 are remarkably similar to 11/12. If the AFL dont jump onboard with appropriate assistance we could be looking at another 10 years until we see finals. by then it will be too late.

I notice he finished among your bests in one of his recent games. Is he looking healthy? I recall reading something to the effect of question marks over his agility, given his injury.
fit and healthy having more impact then wright at the moment but has always had a large turning circle.

Port have re- signed their first year draft picks who are all playing pretty good footy

Remember when the club told us they had started negotiations with our three SA boys to extend, haven't heard anything but crickets since then

The lack of information coming out of headquarters via website, emails etc. really disappoints me.
I also had a problem with Membership Dept. earlier this year, when my sign-up "goodies" didn't arrive at my Thai address. Probably not their fault on that as the Thai Postal system is not the best going around so I asked for a replacement membership card and lanyard be sent to my Aussie address and was assured that would happen........still haven't received it.

Josh Kennedy from the Swans would be the perfect get for you guys as an experienced midfielder who can help lead the young guys. Offer him a 3 year deal on big coin, likewise Luke Breust from the Hawks to help lead your forward line.

3 year deals to those guys who have a wealth of finals experience and are quality players and people. Add those two guys and a PP giving you picks 1 and 2 to add Rowell and Anderson and that'd be a terrific off season for you guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Kennedy from the Swans would be the perfect get for you guys as an experienced midfielder who can help lead the young guys. Offer him a 3 year deal on big coin, likewise Luke Breust from the Hawks to help lead your forward line.

3 year deals to those guys who have a wealth of finals experience and are quality players and people. Add those two guys and a PP giving you picks 1 and 2 to add Rowell and Anderson and that'd be a terrific off season for you guys.
A big coin 3 year deal to a 31 year old no thanks.
I would maybe be ok with it if the afl give us access or something to two star players outside of the salary cap or something

Last edited:
A big coin 3 year deal to a 31 year old no thanks.
I would maybe be ok with it if the afl give us access or something to two star players outside of the salary cap or something
You know we did it with a 34 year old. Albeit, for 2 years.

Hodge, has helped us immensely with driving standards and coaching on field.

He will be staying on as a part time coach with the Lions, combined with media commitments. And his eldest will be joining our academy next year.

Nice bloodlines.

If we found ourself with a early second Rd pick.
Could cover the loss of Martin somewhat

lol, I mentioned him last night on the Lions board as a personal favourite of mine for our first pick in the second round.

“He’s a fringe player at the moment in Adelaide but he’s a starting 22 player for the Gold Coast Suns. That’s a no-brainer in terms of whether or not he would get a game consistently at Gold Coast, of course.

“It’s just whether or not - the only way it could possibly work is if Gold Coast, Adelaide trade him there, Adelaide might have to pick up some of his wage as well for that to possibly happen.”

Gibbs has two more years left to go on his contract and will turn 31 at the start of the next AFL season.

Hard pass on Gibbs. Apparently isn't getting a game because he isn't following team structures and is difficult to Coach. We don't want to be bringing senior players like that. We already have issues like that RE: Brodie. Don't need more of them.

Was talking about this in my office. Would take him for 2 years in a heart beat. Oozes outside skill and class. Especially if Adelaide pick up some of his wages.

He was super keen to come home to SA for family.

He's got the cash and the years already at the Crows. Don't know what incentive he has to want to leave now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back