List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickett won best on in the VFL grand final win today.
After playing approx 5 games for the year.

God bless Craig Cameron, just another Scotty Clayton in disguise
For those who don't understand this post, we in our usual way, skipped Pickett when we could have got him in the Mid Draft but because he had a 'history' we decided to go for another young kid who might be OK but then might not. Pickett meanwhile may get to play in this week's GF for Richmond and next year will probably show us what we seem incapable of doing. Selecting players who may need some managing but ones we clearly need.

For those who don't understand this post, we in our usual way, skipped Pickett when we could have got him in the Mid Draft but because he had a 'history' we decided to go for another young kid who might be OK but then might not. Pickett meanwhile may get to play in this week's GF for Richmond and next year will probably show us what we seem incapable of doing. Selecting players who may need some managing but ones we clearly need.

It's a tough one. If we didn't have previous history with bad culture then maybe they would be more inclined to take a chance. Hopefully soon they will feel that the culture is good enough to support players that need a bit extra tlc.

Some of you that moan on about Pickett need to move on, looks a good player but how many other teams passed on him as well? We aren't the only ones.
Roll on 2020 then. Don't really care about other ones (teams) - I'll hold my powder until we get next year out of the way if I can. Luke Partington (ex Eagles) won the Magarey Medal in SA - worth a look. Will Gould - a bull at 18 years of age also might go a little further down the trade table. Lienert from Port might be worth exploring as he hasn't been able to get a game and looks the goods. I live in hope the Suns drafting boys can recognise good talent when it stares them in the face.

Some of you that moan on about Pickett need to move on, looks a good player but how many other teams passed on him as well? We aren't the only ones.

18 clubs also passed on Tim Kelly for 4-5 years.

One finally bucked the trend.

Possibly won a Brownlow for it in his second year too.
and would think will net Geelong 2 first Rd picks if he does decide he needs to head back to WA

Sounds a lot better then delisting another kid who been playing NEAFL for 5 years

18 clubs also passed on Tim Kelly for 4-5 years.

One finally bucked the trend.

Possibly won a Brownlow for it in his second year too.
and would think will net Geelong 2 first Rd picks if he does decide he needs to head back to WA

Sounds a lot better then delisting another kid who been playing NEAFL for 5 years
Exactly and blaming the recruitment team for it seems silly, don't see 16 other teams complaining about their recruitment teams missing out on Kelly or Pickett.

There is plenty of reason not to be impressed with the recruitment team but Pickett’s is a stretch

But we should be pi**ed at the Scrimsook, Lions and Eagles pick swaps, the Weller deal, each one of these the recruitment team s**t the bed
Those things are totally issues that were within our control and we made a mess of it. You have to hope that the decision makers for these deals were held accountable.

What annoys me is that the real issue's are not being mentioned and just band aid fixes being asked for by the Suns.

The Suns need to ask the AFL for a significant amount of help and not just accept a PP and move on

* Club needs PP in 2019/2020/2021 to trade for an established under 30 player if not available can use in the draft
* Club needs extra 4 spots on the main list & 5 spots extra on the Rookie list for 5 years
* Club Needs an extra $1,000,000 on the cap for 5 years
* Club also needs to have the right to select 5 queensland players prelist them prior to the draft

This club cannot be fixed with just 1 x PP
Sounds awesome. Where do we sign?

I wasn't aware what the Sun's have asked for. Have you seen anything?
You've seen what was in the clubs submission to the commission have you?
Have not seen anything its just my opinion on what the Gold Coast should be "DEMANDING" from the AFL not asking but demanding the assistance that will improve the club and make the club a genuine force like the GWS and not just a middle of the road team.

The AFL have created a club on the gold coast rather than promoting an existing club like southport so they need to now make sure it doesnt fail

There is plenty of reason not to be impressed with the recruitment team but Pickett’s is a stretch

But we should be pi**ed at the Scrimsook, Lions and Eagles pick swaps, the Weller deal, each one of these the recruitment team s**t the bed
You were a little unlucky on the pick swaps to be honest. Most were predicting the Eagles to miss the 8 last year not be the Premiers and have their picks devalued. Likewise a lot of Brissy supporters hated that pick swap when it was done. I think the lesson is it's very risky swapping future picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't waste list spots like this.

I wouldn't say Keays is a waste of a list spot, kicked nearly 50 goals in the NEAFL and showed some signs for us at Senior level. He'll fall victim to the Lions' overall rapid improvement but I honestly think he isn't a bad pickup, especially being a local boy who has expressed interest in playing for GC in the past.

I wouldn't say Keays is a waste of a list spot, kicked nearly 50 goals in the NEAFL and showed some signs for us at Senior level. He'll fall victim to the Lions' overall rapid improvement but I honestly think he isn't a bad pickup, especially being a local boy who has expressed interest in playing for GC in the past.
Indeed. He's good enough for an AFL list, and it's best to have players who want to be there. Or at least I thought that's why Gold Coast shipped out so many veterans in recent years. I think Bastinac would be a similarly good pickup. He doesn't have age on his side but he's quite clearly the best player in the entire NEAFL and at minimum would push the youngsters to lift their standards.

The AFL’s football executive will make a recommendation to the AFL Commission at its meeting on Monday ahead of the Brownlow Medal.

Gold Coast have already made their submission and will not be present, having been told the league will hold off an announcement until next week.

Well, at least we attracted a best 22 player to the club.
Time will tell whether this is good news or not..

Have not seen anything its just my opinion on what the Gold Coast should be "DEMANDING" from the AFL not asking but demanding the assistance that will improve the club and make the club a genuine force like the GWS and not just a middle of the road team.

The AFL have created a club on the gold coast rather than promoting an existing club like southport so they need to now make sure it doesnt fail
You said band aid fixes are being asked for by the Suns - but you don't really know what the Suns are asking for.

Well, at least we attracted a best 22 player to the club.
Time will tell whether this is good news or not..

You said band aid fixes are being asked for by the Suns - but you don't really know what the Suns are asking for.
Its nice to get players who were linked to during the year. I'm optimistic of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back