Teams 2019 Fantasy - Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post JLT 1 team. The fwd rookies look very miserable this year in terms of scoring potential and even JS. Hence my decision to try to save money through the backline and go big with the forwards.

Trying to go as guna & rookies as i can but i think b. Crouch, libba, witherden, mcgrath & williams are all too good to pass up.

Opinions very much welcome.

Williams was 600K before his injury (fallen premo) and B. Crouch was around the 700K mark before his injuries (another fallen premo)?

Witho is also a premo by the scoring structure standards (575K+ generally denotes a premo in both the forward and back lines - see Dev Smith last year and Walters this year)

Means that only McGrath and Libba are genuine mid-pricers. Just clarifying, as this is what seems to be getting some people 'unstuck' when it comes to putting certain players in their teams for fear of it becoming too 'mid-pricey'

Anyone lend me a couple of hundred grand ????

B: Lloyd, Witherden, Williams, J Clark, Rookie, Rookie - Rookie, Rookie
M: Macrae, Coniglio, Cripps, A Brayshaw, Taranto, Liberatore, Walsh, Rookie - Rookie, Rookie
R: Grundy, Nankervis - Rookie, Rookie
F: Danger, D Smith, T Kelly, Setterfield, Rookie, Rookie - Rookie, Rookie.

Might have to sacrifice Macrae to upgrade the defence slightly.....

M: Macrae, Coniglio, Cripps, A Brayshaw, Taranto, Liberatore, Walsh, Rookie - Rookie, Rookie

Sacrifice Crippa instead, with news of his forward playing time coming to light. Cripps to Brouch nets you 269K, which...omg lol...could get you from a rook to exactly Brodie Smith....Wow...that's eerie...

Sacrifice Crippa instead, with news of his forward playing time coming to light. Cripps to Brouch nets you 269K, which...omg lol...could get you from a rook to exactly Brodie Smith....Wow...that's eerie...

Many thanks my good man !!

I can't believe so many people are dropping off Cripps. He is a beast. He is easily Carlton's best player since Anthony Koutoufides. (Yeah, I know, not much competition...) He may even be better. (He is the only reason i watch Carlton games at all!)

Carlton (read:Bolton) need to win some games this year. There will not be prolonged stints in the forward line for Cripps, because someone has to get it there and the rest of the mid-field is either too inexperienced or too slow.

Either that or Bolton has already got his application in for another job.

I can't believe so many people are dropping off Cripps. He is a beast. He is easily Carlton's best player since Anthony Koutoufides. (Yeah, I know, not much competition...) He may even be better. (He is the only reason i watch Carlton games at all!)

Carlton (read:Bolton) need to win some games this year. There will not be prolonged stints in the forward line for Cripps, because someone has to get it there and the rest of the mid-field is either too inexperienced or too slow.

Either that or Bolton has already got his application in for another job.

Agreed. But could he drop off a bit early in the year with more fwd time, then back to beast mode for back half of season? Or just beast mode all season?

Agreed. But could he drop off a bit early in the year with more fwd time, then back to beast mode for back half of season? Or just beast mode all season?

My 2019 crystal ball is in for a bit of a polish up at the moment, but he scored 130 against Richmond in the opener last year. He will be my VC loophole for round 1 this year.

Williams was 600K before his injury (fallen premo) and B. Crouch was around the 700K mark before his injuries (another fallen premo)?

Witho is also a premo by the scoring structure standards (575K+ generally denotes a premo in both the forward and back lines - see Dev Smith last year and Walters this year)

Means that only McGrath and Libba are genuine mid-pricers. Just clarifying, as this is what seems to be getting some people 'unstuck' when it comes to putting certain players in their teams for fear of it becoming too 'mid-pricey'

Didnt mean to out witherden in there but i get what your saying. Ive got 3 genuine mid pricers mcgrath, libba & mills. Think hey are all reasonably safe. Only one im concerned about is mcgrath with all those midfielders at essendon. It does look like hes forced his way in there tho.

Currently rolling with this midpricey team. Personally finding this years starting team to make more difficult than any year I've previously played.

Backs - Laird I think is a must have to start the season especially with how easy Adelaide's draw is. Withers should improve (other options around his price and lower as well). Smith/Williams both very good value. Hopefully the rookies play and play well like most of those have in the JLT.

Mids - Macrae is perma-captain. Brayshaw should go up another notch this year, as should Taranto. This is where it gets dicey. See Brouch as scoring at premium levels so feel safe enough with him. Ahern/Lib I can see scoring well and will both play pure midfield in their respective sides. Could be banking on one too many mid pricers here though. Is Constable doesn't make the team I change him to Atkins/Gibbons.

Rucks - speak for themselves

Forwards - Danger/Heeney locks. Liked what I saw of Billings and like the Saints fixtures a lot. No Stevens as well so banking on Billings playing midfield where he finished last season. McCarthy looked very good. Feel he gives me security over a rookie and we all know how poor the rookies in the fwds are looking. If unsure about him after JLT2 I coul trade him to Elliot. Setters picks himself. Last spot will try to rotate through whoever is looking best or has the best matchup.

Options I can do to get more cash and make changes:
- Goldy instead of Gawn
- Newman/Mills/McGrath instead of Withers
Above would allow me to upgrade Ahern to someone like Cogs/Oliver/Treloar/Beams .etc.

View attachment 629738
This is eerily similar to my team. I have Fyfe, Newman and Goldy instead of your Ahern, Witho and Max.

I'm the same, in that I see Newman as a keeper. As I've said to others, be wary with Constable, because I'm not sure that he plays Round 1 given the depth of our midfield

One of Constable or Atkins to play round 1?

you still haven't paid me back from last year? :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of Constable or Atkins to play round 1?

Most likely Atkins at this stage. Fogarty is out, as is Cockatoo, so he fits that half/deep forward pressure role with his ability to cover the ground well also an asset.

I see Atkins as a 70% chance at this stage and Constable as a 20% chance

Most likely Atkins at this stage. Fogarty is out, as is Cockatoo, so he fits that half/deep forward pressure role with his ability to cover the ground well also an asset.

I see Atkins as a 70% chance at this stage and Constable as a 20% chance
Farkkkk 20%... bugger. Come on downnnn Atkins then

The Cripps forward thing is being overplayed. He'll still play 90% of minutes in the centre square out of necessity.

Drop him at your own peril, he's looking magnificent right now.
I think anyone who is jumping off is jumping to another big dog like Cogs or Brayshaw. I admit i jumped off and went to Cogs and left me with $0 in the bank, is this a sign? Whats the bet im 8k short on my first trade...

My team before Round 2 starts of the JLT, I'm going to try to hold strong through the week, and I've decided ill see how long it lasts by taking the Clarke at R3 risk for now, if named Round 1, his price increase is projected to be over 100K in 3 weeks, and if you can find the cash to keep him on the bench and if he plays, could be a game changing cash cow early in the season. Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 11.05.54 AM.png

My team before Round 2 starts of the JLT, I'm going to try to hold strong through the week, and I've decided ill see how long it lasts by taking the Clarke at R3 risk for now, if named Round 1, his price increase is projected to be over 100K in 3 weeks, and if you can find the cash to keep him on the bench and if he plays, could be a game changing cash cow early in the season.View attachment 630261
You could potentially whack Archie Smith there instead if he manages a roll early

What happened to your man Parfitt ? I was sure he was a lock for your team.

He'll be be back in if he has a good JLT 2. Just need to see him back it up to be sure I can go from Heeney down to him or Worpel up to him and Heeney down to Walters (if he has a good JLT 2). My structure is what I want right now, so I can move anyone I want around :)

Rate my team current 1879 predictions
Want more where can I improve?

BACKS Lloyd Laird Newman
Smith Williams Clark

MIDS Cripps Pendles Brayshaw Coniglio
Walsh Libba B Crouch Butters or
Cousins

Rucks Martin Clarke

FORWARDS Dangerfield Heeney Billings
Settersfield Rozee Larkey

Rookies bench dependant on who’s picked

What happened to your man Parfitt ? I was sure he was a lock for your team.
He'll be be back in if he has a good JLT 2. Just need to see him back it up to be sure I can go from Heeney down to him or Worpel up to him and Heeney down to Walters (if he has a good JLT 2). My structure is what I want right now, so I can move anyone I want around :)
I thought he had a good role in JLT1. He kicked 3 snags and only hit 89 though so that's a worry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back