Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you should be more worrying about the 2 years we gave Crowden who looks no closer to returning to the AFL and frankly doesn't look like he will ever get back. Already at his physical peak, no real upside and we've given him 2 years on the list.

That extension really peeved me off. Hughes could easily fall into that category too - I don't think he deserves to be in the team on current form. Nyhuis' two games before the Richmond game were better than any games Hughes has played this year. Logue also to come back in...

What did Hughes do wrong? That play where Wilson handballed to the umpire and Hughes put his body on the line to take that opponent out of the contest was a pretty special 1%.

I have been noticing how he attacks the football hard.:heavycheck:
Big play as you mentioned!

What did Hughes do wrong? That play where Wilson handballed to the umpire and Hughes put his body on the line to take that opponent out of the contest was a pretty special 1%.

Lots of things all year tbh. In the Bris game, two bad clangers on the northern wing / just outside defensive 50 to name a few.

Although it worked out, that was not a pretty special 1% by any stretch of the imagination. Was more like a contest where Hughes very timidly approached the loose ball (almost in slow motion), and got tackled.

I just wish Hughes would kick up the line to a contest as soon as he marks the ball instead of piss farting around looking inside to make a kick he isn't capable of making. He slows down our whole forward movement .
I thought he was pretty good. Did some good stuff and some not so good. Pretty standard stuff for Hughes

I am expecting Crowden to get an opportunity still. Just seemed like a year too long on the extension. Hughes is fine on the list for me, but I shudder to think how he would go in a defence without the ability of our current boys.

I am expecting Crowden to get an opportunity still. Just seemed like a year too long on the extension. Hughes is fine on the list for me, but I shudder to think how he would go in a defence without the ability of our current boys.

He is in the defence with our current boys so who cares.

Compliments them nicely.

The O’Reilly selection is surely a sign of one of our existing KPF/D’s is either up for trade or delisting depending on how Dillon develops over the next 6 months.
Trades:
Taberner?
Cox ?
Dixon?

Delist:
McCarthy ?

The O’Reilly selection is surely a sign of one of our existing KPF/D’s is either up for trade or delisting depending on how Dillon develops over the next 6 months.
Trades:
Taberner?
Cox ?
Dixon?

Delist:
McCarthy ?
Kersten is the obvious one. Dixon would have no trade value.

Apart from Kersten I would keep the lot of them until we get a settled forward line and have sorted out those who are not injury prone.

Trades:
Taberner?
Cox ?
Dixon?

Delist:
McCarthy ?

Dixon wouldn’t be worth anything in a trade I wouldn’t have thought.

My guess is Cox will be on the move.

Pearce, Hamling and Logue could all be best 22 in a year. Kersten and Watson are undersized but handy for the third tall role. Everyone else we have over 193cm is either a forward or ruckman. Even Cox is ideally a forward but an option as a defender at best.

It’s really not that hard to see why we picked O’Reilly.

Kersten is the obvious one. Dixon would have no trade value.

Apart from Kersten I would keep the lot of them until we get a settled forward line and have sorted out those who are not injury prone.

Good point - totally forgot about Kersten hasn’t played for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually want to give Kersten a shot in a more improved and experienced side. He is decent either end of the ground and I actually want to chuck him through the middle.

Cox in my mind is always destined to be a tall we swing where we need him. That's literally what O'Reilly is and likely will become. Wouldn't be surprised if Cox is on the go. Probably best for him.

Cox goes, maybe Langdon

A couple of second round picks there?

I think we can cover both. It’ll save McCarthy’s ass and now with oreilly, not to mention Dixon. And Lobb to go forward once we have a fit Darcy in the middle.

Shot maybe Darcy will go and Lobb will be our first run ruck. Doubtful but possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cox goes, maybe Langdon

I think we can cover both. It’ll save McCarthy’s ass and now with oreilly, not to mention Dixon. And Lobb to go forward once we have a fit Darcy in the middle.

Shot maybe Darcy will go and Lobb will be our first run ruck. Doubtful but possible

Darcy has 2-3 years on his current contract and is key to our list planning. If he goes, there needs to be some hefty trade in our favour. For example. Kelly or English.

Cox goes, maybe Langdon

1558961935430.png

Losing 3 young best 20-25ish players would be terrible and set us back a couple of years

Cox and Ryan have a massive love in for each other. Think Duman is part of that clique too.

Doubt either are going anywhere unless they both go. I'll punch faces if Ryan leaves.

Yep BLT. Brennan, Luke and Taylin. Ballas mentioned them at the pregame in the River Room.

Fail to see why we would trade any talls right now. It would be genuine insanity and have a huge impact in the future.

Cox isn't even 21 yet and has shown quite a bit. I actually can't remember the last time we drafted a KPF who'd shown this much at his age.

Darcy is the only really good ruck prospect we have. Lobb probably better when he doesn't have to ruck full time too.

O'Reilly is a good pick if we're looking to KPD depth in the future but * me the bloke has been in WAFL ressies this year.

Makes sense now I think about it O’Reilly. Is an early replacement for Kerstens impending delisting. One less positional player we need to scout. Expect 2x mids and a Ruck come October.

Also those who are expecting Cox to go /trade please stop it. Has brain fades but kid is 20/21. Playing forward out of position (AA CHB) He can take a grab and field kicking is above average.

Makes sense now I think about it O’Reilly. Is an early replacement for Kerstens impending delisting. One less positional player we need to scout. Expect 2x mids and a Ruck come October.

Also those who are expecting Cox to go /trade please stop it. Has brain fades but kid is 20/21. Playing forward out of position (AA CHB) He can take a grab and field kicking is above average.
Not expecting us to draft a ruck (Jackson a possible exception I guess), but may seek to trade for a mature player.

Dillon turns 19 on Sunday so there is plenty of time for us to find out what he has to offer, besides really good hands.

For those that have seen him play a bit, how does he go as a pinch hit ruckman?

I recall seeing a couple of his u18 games and he spent significant time in the ruck and looked reasonably capable. However, pretty small sample size that i have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back