2019 Non-Crows AFL Chat #3 - the off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

To cheer us up before the Eagles probably pump us today, let's go back to exactly 1 year ago today....

If I was offered for us to lose the game after the siren today, I would take it now.

It would mean we could push reigning premiers/potential grand-finalist 2019/keep our percentage at the same mark.

It would be multiple wins. :drunk:

Melbourne v Collingwood is an atrocious game of football
Has the 6,6,6 changes made football unwatchable? There have been a s**t load of really bad games this year. More than any other that I can recall.

Has the 6,6,6 changes made football unwatchable? There have been a s**t load of really bad games this year. More than any other that I can recall.
Think it caused coaches to overload even more on defensive tactics. Look at us, our entire gameplan involves around preventing turnovers that lead to scoring opportunities, which is a massive 180 from Pyke's first two years.

They can change all the rules they want, coaches need to be the ones leading any sort of move towards higher scoring, free flowing games. The only rule change I can think of that would fix that is giving an extra point to teams who win while scoring over 100, however that massively disadvantages younger teams who may not have the offensive players developed to score that highly. The complaint would then probably be it's leading to too many blowouts like when Lepptisch took over Brisbane and tried to get their offensive game working with a bunch of 20 year olds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were 5 goals up and then did our normal s**t in the 2nd half.

The first half was really good though. Campo was impressed.

Evidence says this has completely backfired on Steve Hocking.

5 goals up against WC, Port, Essendon and Geelong this year and lost all 4 games
There has been a definite pattern, which won't be fixed whilst the club is in denial that there is a problem.

The message is to be excited about our good half, rather than admit we have a problem running out 4 quarters & we are looking to rectify.

Dropping those players who regularly have poor 2nd halves would be a good start...

Evidence says this has completely backfired on Steve Hocking.

I was listening to the Trends podcast and they were saying the AFL were happy with the kick-in rule because it's made it fairer for each team in terms of ability to score from the kick-in.

Which of course is not at all what they originally said they aimed to do with that rule.

They also said the only reason scoring is down is because accuracy is down, there have been roughly the same number of shots as previous seasons, so no issues with the 6-6-6 rule at all.

And to cap it all off, because there have been lots of close games the AFL have been really happy overall. Nothing about the quality of games, just that they are close, so that must be good

To be fair Fagan tailors his game plan around personnel. They make their system play to Charlie's strengths.

Old mate Donathan tries to fit square pegs into round holes. No way he would have become an AA player trying to play the AFC way.

Last final we won he tore it up. Was five or six he kicked in a prelim ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back