2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does hurt the NRL a bit though because it sets the bar so high the run of the mill club games and even the GF lose that little bit of magic compared to the AFL

Their grand final is State of Origin. Outside of that no one truly cares about their clubs, not in the same as AFL supporters.

Yeah never was interested until recently but it was brutal ! Makes the next one here at Optus interesting

Yeah usually if you win the first game you are a good chance for the series but the neutral venue throws a bit of a curve ball in there so the cockroaches would still be a good bet even though history says otherwise

Lurking for rumours on the Hawks trade/fa thread and blown away by their mindset. I know they won 4 flags in the last 11 years and still have Clarko but **** me do some of them have their heads in the clouds/somewhere worse.

Their team is ancient and more than just Cogs away from a flag but you wouldn't know it reading their board. I know all boards overrate their own (including ours) but they are next level. Crazy stuff.

Loving the Barty Party - anyone not watching at 5pm tonight with a beer in hand wouldn't know a good Friday afternoon if it hit them in the head

Awesome game , best of the best with everyone amped up for it ... nothing better

It does hurt the NRL a bit though because it sets the bar so high the run of the mill club games and even the GF lose that little bit of magic compared to the AFL
Always been a marketer's dream rather then the GF tbh. State of origin is unique for NRL, as it's the only competition of such in the major codes. AFL got rid of it, A league have Melbourne Victory v Sydney FC as their marquee, NBL doesn't have one. So its a real territorial divide isnt it

Always been a marketer's dream rather then the GF tbh. State of origin is unique for NRL, as it's the only competition of such in the major codes. AFL got rid of it, A league have Melbourne Victory v Sydney FC as their marquee, NBL doesn't have one. So its a real territorial divide isnt it

I played a few years footy over in Coolangatta and even the AFL club would be full on origin night , it's like the derby x 100*

*Except the good guys win more often

I played a few years footy over in Coolangatta and even the AFL club would be full on origin night , it's like the derby x 100*

*Except the good guys win more often

Worked in PNG for a few years - the whole country stops for Origin. Hard to get anyone (blokes at least) to come to work either on the day or the day after.

Interesting culture around Origin - everyone outside NSW - even the ACT! - goes for Qld.

Worked in PNG for a few years - the whole country stops for Origin. Hard to get anyone (blokes at least) to come to work either on the day or the day after.

Interesting culture around Origin - everyone outside NSW - even the ACT! - goes for Qld.

Where did you work in PNG?

Funnily enough Cooly had a program for getting young PNG lads over to play footy , excellent athletes most of them really strong for their size and quick AF

Always thought Freo should expand our boundaries with recriuting and PNG would be as good a place to start as any

Funnily enough Cooly had a program for getting young PNG lads over to play footy , excellent athletes most of them really strong for their size and quick AF

Always thought Freo should expand our boundaries with recriuting and PNG would be as good a place to start as any

We would have to target the Papuans and Islanders - the Highlanders are built for Rugby League!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A great effort by Australia in the Cricket World Cup last night. We are as good as any other side so there should be some fantastic cricket during the finals. England would be favourites, India right in it and Australia next. Pakistan and the West Indies are both capable of going all the way too.

It all rose and fell on ash's serve. So will the final. Can't wait

Geelong are starting to look really ominous.

Oh well, at least they'll save us from an eagles b2b.

I'd rather the eagles win than Geelong, Honestly. I never want to see Selwood captain (courageous) a team to a flag, or Dangerfield win one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back