2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely sane and rational Eagles fan said:
Willie cracks open a Red Bull and simply tips some in straight after pi**ing in it, yes in front of them, then hands it over. They say “thanks, now do another one properly”. He does another properly and hands it over. They take them back and the first one is tested, it comes back with red bull in it, they say “yeah he tipped some red bull in it, good old willie always good for a laugh”, Willie is subsequently suspended for tampering with sample.

As crazy as it sounds that is actually plausible, somehow.

J.F.C

You won't find better material for a case study on denialism

Why oh why would you play second string bowlers then put the Poms in to bat. I know it’s a dead rubber, but it’s fu**en idiotic.

Bit harsh calling Marsh 2nd string

4/35 and best swing bowling of the series

Agree on the dodgy call to bowl first tho . Apparently 368 is par for the course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.F.C

You won't find better material for a case study on denialism
Or how one of them wishes his comeback is in a derby so Lauren Pavlich can have an ‘aneurysm.’ But we’re the only obsessed ones.

I know I read the article. Just didn’t make full sense to me so I drew my own conclusions and some personal experiences (less stringent I might add) when completing drug testing as part of pre-employment screens.

We always patted down the applicants and checked pockets etc. Then without being completely dodgy kept a close eye on them as they did their business. The notion of prosthesis which includes a liquid squeezed via a pump is very real. He quite possibility wasn’t as calm as could be whilst “fiddling” (bad choice of word) with the prosthesis. I leave you to google image what I’m talking about.
This article this morning supports what I was trying to say around the officer noting/reporting some Shenanigans. Doesn’t matter what was in the tube or what may or may not have been in the tube. He is in big trouble for tampering. Coaster supporters will remain in denial and hope for 12 weeks or whatever but I think 2-years will be the best case scenario with a guilty plea.

Once they decided to pick Marsh (don't have a problem with it, love the bloke) Siddle made no sense. Had to be Patto or Starc.

Also bowling first on a dry deck is just plain dumb. We might still get away with it, but still crazy decision. Especially considering we picked Siddle (defensive bowler) and Smith averages about 100 in the 1st innings of a test match and only 60 or something in the 2nd.

This article this morning supports what I was trying to say around the officer noting/reporting some Shenanigans. Doesn’t matter what was in the tube or what may or may not have been in the tube. He is in big trouble for tampering. Coaster supporters will remain in denial and hope for 12 weeks or whatever but I think 2-years will be the best case scenario with a guilty plea.

GWS player got 10 weeks for dodging testers, won't be any less than that but up to 4 years.

Being a W.A player start at 4 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if he was worried about PEDs or recreational, I feel for him if it was just recreational, probably would have got less press if he just took the positive test.

It wasn't a gameday test, so unless he was already on two strikes a positive for recreational drugs wouldn't have even made the news.

It wasn't a gameday test, so unless he was already on two strikes a positive for recreational drugs wouldn't have even made the news.
He would have had a four week time off if he had a second strike, but they also say the name is made public.

Did Rioli spend any time out of the side this season?

Just the first eight weeks of the year.

Once they decided to pick Marsh (don't have a problem with it, love the bloke) Siddle made no sense. Had to be Patto or Starc.

Also bowling first on a dry deck is just plain dumb. We might still get away with it, but still crazy decision. Especially considering we picked Siddle (defensive bowler) and Smith averages about 100 in the 1st innings of a test match and only 60 or something in the 2nd.

This, this, 100 times this. Exactly what I was saying to my girlfriend last night. Okay, bring in Marsh, I get it (and he played a ball-buster of a first day), but then WHY Siddle?? Starc might leak a few runs, but he's a strike bowler and he gets blokes out. Siddle, Mr Reliable, whatever, is a bit of a plodder, and if they were going to make the decision to bat first, at least include another quick - either Starc or Pattinson - to actually have a red hot crack at them. But deciding to bowl first... yeah, nah.

Also - I wonder if there were any Poms in the crowd standing up, swishing beer all over the joint, yelling, "It's a noey, it's a ******* noey! Back you come Sam, it's a ******* noey!" Thankfully Curran is no Steve Smith.

They said the same about cox, too

giphy.gif

This, this, 100 times this. Exactly what I was saying to my girlfriend last night. Okay, bring in Marsh, I get it (and he played a ball-buster of a first day), but then WHY Siddle?? Starc might leak a few runs, but he's a strike bowler and he gets blokes out. Siddle, Mr Reliable, whatever, is a bit of a plodder, and if they were going to make the decision to bat first, at least include another quick - either Starc or Pattinson - to actually have a red hot crack at them. But deciding to bowl first... yeah, nah.

Also - I wonder if there were any Poms in the crowd standing up, swishing beer all over the joint, yelling, "It's a noey, it's a ******* noey! Back you come Sam, it's a ******* noey!" Thankfully Curran is no Steve Smith.
One thing I'll say is that although Paine makes questionable decisions at times is that if Steve Smiff was captain M.Marsh would have been lucky to get even 4 overs last night.

If/when he gets a ban, is he cut off from the club for training? If so, he's going to blow out to Stewie Dew proportions and struggle to make it back.

If/when he gets a ban, is he cut off from the club for training? If so, he's going to blow out to Stewie Dew proportions and struggle to make it back.
Did Crowley still train with us? I can't recall but that would be your answer.

The player would be banned from training with a concession that they are allowed to rejoin the team a couple of months out from their ban ending.

AFL deals in games, ASADA deal in time.

It's entirely possible that Rioli is given a six month ban backdated from the 6th of September, allowing him to play again on the 6th of March and be back training with the club from the 6th of January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back