2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, the Suns are barely NEAFL-level at the moment. Not excusing last night's slop but the quality of opponents is apples and oranges.
I actually think your lost to GCS away cost you. I mean you beat the apple and lost to orange..

Bulldogs sniffed finals and it galvanised them. We sniffed finals and fell apart. Wish we had the mental fortitude the Bullies have.
To be fair the Dogs have so much more talent out on the park than we can muster currently probably even if we had no injuries but at the moment its not even a contest.
Bont, Naughton, McRae, Dunkley, Bailey Smith, Wallis, Libba, Caleb Daniel, Crozier, Jong, English, Dickson etc
They've lost a lost of talent over the last few years but they keep finding good players and they seem to have a good development path.
Exciting as hell to watch

Meanwhile Cerra spoils his own teammate to gift the oppo a goal.

I'd have been happy for Freo to have taken Naughton over Cerra however I personally think Cerra is being played out of position and Lyon isn't letting him play his natural game.

I hope this changes as I believe Cerra could be a very good player.

I'd have been happy for Freo to have taken Naughton over Cerra however I personally think Cerra is being played out of position and Lyon isn't letting him play his natural game.

I hope this changes as I believe Cerra could be a very good player.
Agreed. Was just being facetious.

The Naughton discussion is a moot point, but seriously how many 17 year old key position players have played WAFL at the level he was playing at prior to being drafted? Only one I can think of is Glen Jakovich.
His versatility would be very handy atm, but I guess we’ve got Cox.

Last edited:
You mean like the list management team let us fall in a hole by doing what they could for us to stay up in finals in in 2012-16 , taking the team to the cliff?...exactly what happened with St Kilda?... except we had the advantage of foresight with them and still f’ed it up
Exactly, we are three years further on with the same group at the wheel. We aren't throwing the whole club into a new regime and needing to inject new talent in both the playing ground and coach.

St Kilda needed to plug in a coach, learn a new style and add new talent. Then they changed their coach when it didn't work, then they did it again.

Jofra Archer is a freak. I have to go to bed soon and I fully expect to wake up to see the news that he's bowled England to victory at Lords.

Because we have this mentality in the AFL that making finals means you are successful, hence Worsfold being in dire trouble to keep his job but now they have made finals he is fine. Its short sighted and doesn't help achieve the ultimate goal of winning a flag. Clubs should be looking past just simply being in the top half of the comp.
You mean like us? :think:

You mean like us? :think:

Unsure what you mean by that, I have been pretty strong on the fact that making finals shouldn't be the determining factor on success. Essendon making finals or not shouldn't be the only thing keeping the club from letting him go, you either think he is the man to take the team towards a premiership or you don't. One extra win shouldn't sway you that far and if it does you are doing it wrong.

Cameron should 100% be gone from GWS if his team doesn't make the GF this season yet they will keep him because he got his team into the top half of the competition. It's shortsighted and IMO (note that means in my opinion) an incorrect way of determining current and future success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know I’ve seen it all before , reckon we’ll go out with out so much as a whimper .
Think the players will have checked out for the year plus poort coming off an embarrassing loss to the Roos, heat on club /Hinkley... yep we’re in for another standard Adelaide oval debacle.

Not that’s itsan excuse but we really have seemed to cop a few teams on the rebound.. a week earlier and we probs beat the bombers and same with port this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back