Strategy 2019 planning

Cotchy9

All Australian
Joined
Sep 8, 2013
Posts
899
Likes
1,858
AFL Club
Richmond
Sifting through the rucks and looking for a R2. Won’t to try and get a keeper in that slot but not 100% on Gawn with Preuss there

One interesting one is Goldy. Came home strong averaging 105 from his last 10 games with 6 ofthose 114+. Anyone think he can get back to a 100+ season?
 

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mezaire

Club Legend
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Posts
1,633
Likes
473
Location
Launceston
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC
Sifting through the rucks and looking for a R2. Won’t to try and get a keeper in that slot but not 100% on Gawn with Preuss there

One interesting one is Goldy. Came home strong averaging 105 from his last 10 games with 6 ofthose 114+. Anyone think he can get back to a 100+ season?
I'm not sold on anyone bar Grundy to hold their average this year so I'll be going a cheap R2 with either Clarke, Naismith or even Flynn and Mummy combo at R2 &3
 

mezaire

Club Legend
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Posts
1,633
Likes
473
Location
Launceston
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC
My first go with correct pricing
TEAM NAME: r2019. (AFL Fantasy 2019)
Used: $12,299,000 (96.1%), Remaining: $501,000 (3.9%)
Def: J.Sicily (99), C.Blakely (98), A.Witherden (102), Z.Williams (91), G.Logue (60), P.Naish (55) (H.Goddard (55), C.Burgess (55))
Mid: P.Cripps (113), M.Crouch (112), N.Fyfe (110), Z.Merrett (115), B.Crouch (103), S.Walsh (70), C.Ellis (70), N.Hind (55) (M.Ling (55), B.Bewley (55))
Ruc: B.Grundy (120), Z.Clarke (72) (D.Fort (45), M.Flynn (55))
Fwd: P.Dangerfield (111), J.Dunkley (101), I.Heeney (100), C.Rozee (65), B.Cavarra (55), J.Corbett (55) (M.Lewis (55), S.McAdam (55))
 

Dan12

Club Legend
Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Posts
1,645
Likes
1,055
Location
Albury
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm not sold on anyone bar Grundy to hold their average this year so I'll be going a cheap R2 with either Clarke, Naismith or even Flynn and Mummy combo at R2 &3
Will any of those players be playing round 1? Clarke is a back up for Bellchambers, Naismith will probably be playing NEAFL because of Sinclair, Simpson not Flynn will be the Mumford back up and isn't Mumford suspended to start the year?
The cheap guy that I think could actually be good value is Preuss. He needs to average 65-70 to be worth it imo and I think he'll do it. But right now I've got Witts in my team.
 

PAFC27

Team Captain
Joined
Apr 28, 2016
Posts
542
Likes
731
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Will any of those players be playing round 1? Clarke is a back up for Bellchambers, Naismith will probably be playing NEAFL because of Sinclair, Simpson not Flynn will be the Mumford back up and isn't Mumford suspended to start the year?
The cheap guy that I think could actually be good value is Preuss. He needs to average 65-70 to be worth it imo and I think he'll do it. But right now I've got Witts in my team.
Kruezer is pretty cheap
 

PAFC27

Team Captain
Joined
Apr 28, 2016
Posts
542
Likes
731
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Second ruck really is the issue for me. Pre season games can't come early enough. Lobb could be a solid 80 average until the true second ruck reveals themselves
 

Cotchy9

All Australian
Joined
Sep 8, 2013
Posts
899
Likes
1,858
AFL Club
Richmond
Second ruck really is the issue for me. Pre season games can't come early enough. Lobb could be a solid 80 average until the true second ruck reveals themselves
Also been the biggest headache for me so far. Currently got Kreuzer but considering others. None feel me with any great confidence though
 
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Posts
715
Likes
1,106
Location
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What do we see rankine averaging in his first year? He’s an absolute gem and has played senior footy but the fact he’s at gcs is turning me off.

If the ball gets near him I can see him scoring well, just dependant on gc actually getting the ball forward
 

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4tune8

All Australian
Joined
Jul 31, 2017
Posts
898
Likes
1,596
AFL Club
Richmond
Also been the biggest headache for me so far. Currently got Kreuzer but considering others. None feel me with any great confidence though
I went with Lycett for a bit last year, did fairly well towards the end from memory

What do we see rankine averaging in his first year? He’s an absolute gem and has played senior footy but the fact he’s at gcs is turning me off.

If the ball gets near him I can see him scoring well, just dependant on gc actually getting the ball forward
Agree with the GCS turning you off, I don't like to have forwards from a bottom 4 team in mine.
 

Keystone agony

Brownlow Medallist
Joined
Aug 15, 2011
Posts
14,630
Likes
3,794
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
What do we see rankine averaging in his first year? He’s an absolute gem and has played senior footy but the fact he’s at gcs is turning me off.

If the ball gets near him I can see him scoring well, just dependant on gc actually getting the ball forward
Id say similar to Ben Ainsworths first year
 
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Posts
715
Likes
1,106
Location
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Agree with the GCS turning you off, I don't like to have forwards from a bottom 4 team in mine.
That’s usually a big no from me too for bottom 4 teams but he’s a a special talent.

Think I’ll look to swing Setterfield forward and Walsh into the Mids. A lot to chalk out 270k on a rookie but can defiantly see him scoring relatively well and given plenty of mid time
 

Keystone agony

Brownlow Medallist
Joined
Aug 15, 2011
Posts
14,630
Likes
3,794
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Seems the ideal rookie selection, just worried about the Ross Lyon factor....
He just has to get mature quality into the midfield inexperienced or not. Remember how he treated Banfield, Brayshaw, giro, Crowden and Cerra last year they racked up plenty of games.

Theyre in rebuild still especially with the loss of Neale so they need to keep playing new blood as much as Lyon dislikes it. They also moved on Spurr, Sutcliff, D.Pearce types finally and didnt play them turning to new blood instead.
 

TedDougChris

Premium Platinum
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Posts
17,569
Likes
19,224
Location
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
He just has to get mature quality into the midfield inexperienced or not. Remember how he treated Banfield, Brayshaw, Crowden and Cerra last year they racked up plenty of games.

Theyre in rebuild still especially with the loss of Neale so they need to keep laying new blood as much as Lyon dislikes it. They also moved on Spurr, Sutcliff, D.Pearce types finally and didnt play them turning to new blood instead.
Just hoping it continues. If he is fast and more of an outside mid, he may drift in and out of the game on a weekly basis. Hope he can hold a spot for a good while.
 

bl4ke

Club Legend
Joined
Nov 17, 2014
Posts
1,751
Likes
2,159
AFL Club
West Coast
With so many foward line basement price rookies expected to play, is Will Setterfield at 80k more expensive worth it?
 

08elf

Senior List
Joined
Sep 6, 2011
Posts
297
Likes
341
AFL Club
Richmond
Goldy is a very promising option
With so many foward line basement price rookies expected to play, is Will Setterfield at 80k more expensive worth it?
Yes. He's a 3rd year player over the 1st year rookies and will play most of the season for the Blues. So a lock and load until you want to trade him out. He's also brought in to play midfield time.
 

BJK#5

Club Legend
Joined
Aug 9, 2017
Posts
2,966
Likes
8,845
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
With so many foward line basement price rookies expected to play, is Will Setterfield at 80k more expensive worth it?
Will have to track his pre season but i absolutely think so. He is a special talent who has a mature body and will be at a team that will allow him to have a lot of opportunity in the midfield. The relative safety that i think he brings is worth the extra 80k imo.
 
Joined
Apr 5, 2018
Posts
44
Likes
31
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers
My first crack at my side for next year. Pull it to pieces. Obviously alot of pre-season to go, and alot of rookies to watch.

TEAM NAME: Lawbreakers . (AFL Fantasy 2019)
Used: $12,724,000 (99.4%), Remaining: $76,000 (0.6%) On Ground: $11,300,000 (88.3%), On Bench: $1,424,000 (11.1%)
Expected Total: 1703, Site Expected Total: 2036

Def: R.Laird (109.48), L.Whitfield (101.64), A.Witherden (89.46), S.Collins (34.44), J.Scrimshaw (28.42), P.Naish (23.80) (F.Watson (23.80), C.Burgess (23.80))

Mid: P.Cripps (111.02), C.Oliver (110.88), D.Beams (107.52), Z.Merrett (103.04), B.Crouch (73.36), S.Walsh (37.80), B.Smith (36.12), B.Bewley (23.80) (L.Stocker (32.76), M.Ling (23.80))

Ruc: B.Grundy (121.94), S.Mumford (60.06) (D.Fort (23.80), S.Hayes (23.80))

Fwd: D.Smith (108.36), P.Dangerfield (107.94), J.Dunkley (97.30), C.Rozee (36.68), W.Setterfield (35.14), S.McAdam (23.80) (J.Brander (23.80), J.Corbett (23.80))
 

bl4ke

Club Legend
Joined
Nov 17, 2014
Posts
1,751
Likes
2,159
AFL Club
West Coast
My first crack at my side for next year. Pull it to pieces. Obviously alot of pre-season to go, and alot of rookies to watch.

TEAM NAME: Lawbreakers . (AFL Fantasy 2019)
Used: $12,724,000 (99.4%), Remaining: $76,000 (0.6%) On Ground: $11,300,000 (88.3%), On Bench: $1,424,000 (11.1%)
Expected Total: 1703, Site Expected Total: 2036

Def: R.Laird (109.48), L.Whitfield (101.64), A.Witherden (89.46), S.Collins (34.44), J.Scrimshaw (28.42), P.Naish (23.80) (F.Watson (23.80), C.Burgess (23.80))

Mid: P.Cripps (111.02), C.Oliver (110.88), D.Beams (107.52), Z.Merrett (103.04), B.Crouch (73.36), S.Walsh (37.80), B.Smith (36.12), B.Bewley (23.80) (L.Stocker (32.76), M.Ling (23.80))

Ruc: B.Grundy (121.94), S.Mumford (60.06) (D.Fort (23.80), S.Hayes (23.80))

Fwd: D.Smith (108.36), P.Dangerfield (107.94), J.Dunkley (97.30), C.Rozee (36.68), W.Setterfield (35.14), S.McAdam (23.80) (J.Brander (23.80), J.Corbett (23.80))
Mumford is suspended for the first 2 rounds. Need one of crae/mitchell IMO but other than that I like it
 

Keystone agony

Brownlow Medallist
Joined
Aug 15, 2011
Posts
14,630
Likes
3,794
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Mumford is suspended for the first 2 rounds. Need one of crae/mitchell IMO but other than that I like it
If you have Brodie Grundy than i dont really see why you need Macrae ?

They both basically avg the same last year didnt they?
 

bl4ke

Club Legend
Joined
Nov 17, 2014
Posts
1,751
Likes
2,159
AFL Club
West Coast
If you have Brodie Grundy than i dont really see why you need Macrae ?

They both basically avg the same last year didnt they?
They averaged around the same because Macrae had that injured game of 44... if he wasn't injured Macrae could have averaged about the same as Titch so you could argue that he is 40k underpriced.

Both Macrae and Grundy are absolute no brainers for me
 
Top Bottom