Preview 2019 Prelim Final - Tigers v Cats @ Punt Rd Oval, Fri 7:50pm

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of interest - can the AFL investigate the AFL for match fixing ? Last week wanted GWS to get through so fined Green but this week want Collingwood Richmond GF so suspend Green. No arguing about Hawk rather the Green one is outrageous
The Greene one is ridiculous, there is nothing in the vision that I could see that would warrant a suspension. Its only because the player had a sook when Greene got up, and ofc, Greene had the massive fine on his scuffle with Bontempelli and his prior Tribunal record. Its a suspension because its Greene, and nothing more.

The only thing with Taylor forward, is I think our defence has played its best footy this year when he's been down back with Blitz...

Our biggest loss of the year, Fremantle over in WA was when Taylor didn't play! Our defence was horrendous that day!!

Our whole side was horrendous that day, to be fair. Most disposals was Kelly, and he only had 25. Weren't able to control the ball and had no answers to Brad Hill, Walters and Langdon zipping out of defence and down the wings. Only Stewart, Kel, Hawk, Duncan and Guth were able to hold their heads high

Very difficult this very simple task is.
Firstly, this top spot is not a true measure of the team's worth.
Secondly, Richmond is clearly the form team of the comp, unbeaten since the bye, and nearly replete with all their key players. Losing to them is not a failure, but winning would be nothing short of miraculous.
Simple is not the same as easy. Simple is often incredibly difficult

Think like this. The camera pans down the ground and its Rohan in the square 1 on 1.
Worried if you're a tiger?
Nup.

Taylor can 'float' forward. But he can't play forward.
I'd prefer mark Blake at FF over Rohan and Taylor.

Play a tall from the VFL that knows where to lead or can clunk it. Don't care.
MUST hold our structure.
Think about the ball coming in fast and low like last Friday. I'd want Rohan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever we do I’m sure we will put a lot of effort into Grimes and Vlaustin
One aspect that has gone unnoticed with our great win is how we took away the Eagles intercept marking and made them accountable.
Tigers are not dissimilar and how good they are at intercepting and mounting attacks from that - I’m sure our coaches will have a plan in mind
Go Catters👍👍

I think if were gonna win this game its going to have to be a 10 goals to 8 tyoe match.

As important as hawkins replacement is, 80% of our planning should be defensive structures to firstly not allow that pagans paddock type knock on play they like to run with, then secondly keeping lynch/ riewoldt to 4 goals or less.

Dry or wet, this game needs to be a defensive slog. 100+ tackles and no space. Hope we can get 5 or 6 goals from mids (including Danger) and 4 or 5 from Sav, Miers, Ablett and other fwds.

Regarding selection. Id do a straight swap of Rohan for Hawkins if Rohan can go.

If he cant S Selwood for me. And shut down Martin.

1 & 2 go together and 5 & 6 go together.

Either Rohan comes in and job shares with Danger at FF OR Henderson comes in and one of Taylor/Henry goes forward.

Although I can see us going with Rohan for Hawkins and if it goes bad switch to Danger, then Henry, then Taylor as we progressively get more desperate throughout the match.

If you are considering 3 or 4 give yourself an uppercut.

Hopefully they'll win on appeal at tribunal and no change.
Otherwise
In Smith
Out Hawkins
O'Connor Blicavs Bews
Stewart Taylor Henry
Tuohy Danger Guthrie
Dahl Stanley Atkins
Ablett Ratatat tat Miers
Smith Kelly Selwood
Menegola Narkle Kolo Parfitt

This is the biggest game that our club has played in since the 2011 GF. It's huge.

We must trust our younger players. Kola needs to go to Riewoldt, Esava becomes the focal point and Miers and Narkle must be persevered with.

Taylor to Lynch and Stewart to Martin when he goes forward. Guthrie should be minding him when he's in the midfield. Keep the back 7 the same as it was last week. It's working and it's perfectly balanced.

Stanley to ruck with Blitz to give relief. I wouldn't even mind seeing Blitz spending more time as a follower after the centre bounces and have Stanley drifting forward assuming that Hawk misses as expected of course.

Guthrie, Kelly and Selwood to start in the guts with Danger starting forward... Our win will be relying on our ability to lock it in our forward half so everyone including Danger must play their part and on paper at least, it should be a strength of ours.

Getting it in shouldn't be a problem. Our ability to not be out marked and bring the ball to ground inside our forward 50 will be crucial to the result and allow us to apply pressure for long periods of the game.

And finally, injury or no injury we need GAJ to lift for this game and hit the scoreboard. These are the games that we got him back for and he needs to give us something in return. I'm actually confident that he will.

Go Cats!

Hopefully they'll win on appeal at tribunal and no change.
Otherwise
In Smith
Out Hawkins
O'Connor Blicavs Bews
Stewart Taylor Henry
Tuohy Danger Guthrie
Dahl Stanley Atkins
Ablett Ratatat tat Miers
Smith Kelly Selwood
Menegola Narkle Kolo Parfitt
Love it.
Smith will play as if there is no tomorrow, because there may not be..

I think Henderson has to be the man, the more I think about it he’s the one that gives us more options, better structure and more flexibility.

With hendo in we have the option to send either him, Stanley (blics ruck), Taylor or Henry forward. We can mix and match a little bit depending on how things are working out.

As much as I wasn’t happy with blics rucking last week I feel they may start with him in the ruck and Stanley forward, and if it isn’t working flip stanley into the ruck and Harry forward.

With Hendo in we have many more options if one of lynch or Riewoldt is getting on top of his opponent. We can also cover if the tigers send one of nank or soldo forward to stretch us. We all know how much Scott loves flexibility so I see this as the most likely option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back