List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncontracted players at the end of this season.

1549074591640.png

- Goldstein, McKay, Williams and Larkey should be safe.
- Thompson and Wright would need solid seasons.
- Durdin, Watson, Hrovat & Hayden under the pump.
- The Majak scenario is unknown at this point.

View attachment 613783

Agree that McKay and Larkey should be safe. But they wouldn't want to have another gameless season either. So the pressure is on them.

Williams too, I like. However, if Wright, Pittard and McDonald all get back to their best this season (and I'm backing all 3 in to do so) then suddenly his position in the side might come under fire. Especially if EVW continues his upward spiral and plays 22+ games, as we expect. You can only have so many HBFers.

Watson, no one on here seems to rate. Which is weird, as he has barely even got onto the park. No one could believe we let Nielson (seriously) go before him. I'd like to think that worst case scenario he gets another year on the rookie list. Best case he has a strong season and plays a few games in the seniors.

With Goldy, it will be interesting to see what we do if he has a massive season. Given his age and form (whilst handsomely paid) in 2016-7 and the fact that we'll almost certainly have a high priced recruit coming in 2020, I do wonder what sort of contract we'll offer. I do hope he doesn't think the pressure is off now that Preuss has gone. Campbell has an important role to play here.

View attachment 613783

Hope Goldy stays, but if there’s truth that he was floated as trade bait and a good contract comes his way, I wouldn’t begrudge him if he left. If he did, expect nothing decent for compo.

McKay is safe, the only concern would be another club poaching him.

The rest will be at North if they’re still required.

Agree that McKay and Larkey should be safe. But they wouldn't want to have another gameless season either. So the pressure is on them.

Williams too, I like. However, if Wright, Pittard and McDonald all get back to their best this season (and I'm backing all 3 in to do so) then suddenly his position in the side might come under fire. Especially if EVW continues his upward spiral and plays 22+ games, as we expect. You can only have so many HBFers.

Watson, no one on here seems to rate. Which is weird, as he has barely even got onto the park. No one could believe we let Nielson (seriously) go before him. I'd like to think that worst case scenario he gets another year on the rookie list. Best case he has a strong season and plays a few games in the seniors.

With Goldy, it will be interesting to see what we do if he has a massive season. Given his age and form (whilst handsomely paid) in 2016-7 and the fact that we'll almost certainly have a high priced recruit coming in 2020, I do wonder what sort of contract we'll offer. I do hope he doesn't think the pressure is off now that Preuss has gone. Campbell has an important role to play here.
Honestly, I would say that the pressure is more on the club than the players when it comes to McKay and Larkey. As two of the best performed KPPs in the VFL last season and with both being 21 or under, it wouldn't surprise to see them receive a number of offers each. If they do have a season where both play minimal games, then it will be the club's job to convince them that this is the best place for them.

If McKay doesn't play, or plays less games than he thinks he should (who knows how many that is), then he is gone for sure.

Hope Goldy stays, but if there’s truth that he was floated as trade bait and a good contract comes his way, I wouldn’t begrudge him if he left. If he did, expect nothing decent for compo.

Was it credibly reported anywhere that he was ever offered for trade?

Was it credibly reported anywhere that he was ever offered for trade?

It’s been widely spoken of in the media that North offered him up but there were no takers. Nothing credible though because then it would have to come out of North, Goldy or Goldys manager. Spose it has as much credibility that Josh Kelly was only going to North or stay at gws

It’s been widely spoken of in the media that North offered him up but there were no takers. Nothing credible though because then it would have to come out of North, Goldy or Goldys manager. Spose it has as much credibility that Josh Kelly was only going to North or stay at gws

Hmm dunno about that mate. Josh Kelly articles mentioned him struggling with the decision etc. I can't recall a single published article that said North or Todd had shopped his services around. As Tef says, moot point now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe it was a hot topic on the dream team board, and that's about it.

Anyway, he's back to playing good footy now, so it's a moot point.
You are dead right. I swear Goldie has been on the trade table every year since he has been with us that's if we are to believe the media. He loves the club the club loves him.We will never see him in a different jumper in my opinion but no doubt come the end of the year he will be up for trade once again you can bet on someone reporting it broken record.

You reckon Haynes would be on big coin tZ?
I don’t think he’d command big $
And over 5 years, they might even backend it to keep the others

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, Haynes seems a 350-400k player to me, particularly as he’s clearly settled there.

Scratch Benny Mac.

I can see teams coming hard for Goldstein with FA offers if he has another strong season.

Yep, but he won't leave.

Is on record as wanting to be a one club player, and has never expressed any desire for outside interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back