List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hear you, we have a forward line that will ( fingers crossed) consist of Brown and Larkey as the two pillars aka marking targets, we hope Daw can also head down there to mix s**t up from time to time.

Then we have two mids that we feel are very much at home resting forward; Cunners & Jack. We of course then need other strong of body types to rotate through while those two have a 'rest'. Enter Zurhaar & Garner, with Walker also a chance.

Then we have our wingers Dumont & Polec. No spot there for Mason.

So in short our forward line is made up of , Brown, Larkey, Daw, Garner, Zurhaar, Walker, Cunners, JZ and Taylor as another option. Mas is good footballer, is just that we had a few emerge in 2019 who have taken up spots that he may have filled.

I think it's exciting we may offer up a talented footballer that we won't really miss. Hasn't happened in along time.

Not to mention Hosie looks a likely type

Need a fast/classy variety of small forward, wing and hb that can hold themselves in the contest. Papley fulfills one of these requirements. Still need a winger and small rebounding hb, unless Walker/Scott can fulfill that wing role in the immediate, which I doubt.

Just want to see Atley run off half back play with that attacking run and carry we know he is capable of.

My players we should target:
Riley Bonner
Jack Martin(depending on price)
Tom Papley
Shai Bolton

All offer us something we don't have, if we can't get the type of players we need then go to the draft and try drafting them.

Getting Ellis doesn't improve us one bit.

Posted this in July.
Nothing has changed for me.

They won't get one in front of us mate.
Let's hope so. Got the pick 7 list?

These are pick 8 (via twitter)

D. Motlop
J. Bartel
D. Motlop
J. Bartel
L. Brennan
R. Clarke
J. Meesen
J. Oakley-Nicholls
B. Reid
L. Henderson
T. Vickery
J. Butcher
D. Heppell
B. Longer
S. Mayes
L. McDonald
P. Wright
C. Ah Chee
G. Logue
N. Coffield
T. Thomas

Just want to see Atley run off half back play with that attacking run and carry we know he is capable of.
Still keen on drafting young Ash, or if we could somehow, extremely unlikely, pry Richards out from the dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we need a small forward, KPD and I'm going to go with big inside mid who can burst just 2-3 meters. That's all. I'm not picky on being elite with speed. Just 2-3 meters.
Someone else that will cause a headache when trying to figure who is harder to stop him or Cunnington.
Over you to you Port.

Papley - smal forward
Keath - KPD

Need Jacobs back and our midfield clearances will improve big time

Dashing skilled backman

You'd think we will just go Kemp if Ash, Serong and Young are gone.

It is still decent enough.

Out of Contract this year from the AFL website.
GWS:
Grant Birchall, Kaiden Brand, Shaun Burgoyne, Jon Ceglar, James Frawley, Will Golds, Damon Greaves, Ollie Hanrahan, Ricky Henderson, Harry Jones, Teia Miles, Darren Minchington, David Mirra, Tim Mohr, Marc Pittonet, Paul Puopolo, Ned Reeves, Jackson Ross, Ryan Schoenmakers
The AFL will do anything to justify GWS's salary cap. smh

Cunners has been an A grader for quite a while , some people are just slower on the uptake.
Not having a go at you deano28 but I just have no respect for the term 'A grader'. It is a media creation. AA and the Coleman are also side shows. No meaning. Sprouted by the 'colour' commentators so they can stay lazy in their analysis. All the rubbish about Ben Cunnington suddenly being seen as such an under-the-radar gun earlier in the season was ridiculous and just something for the commentators to echo. Was probably on the running sheet the producers handed to them while they were in make-up.

You'd need to do a +2/-2 check to get a realistic handle.

Because you could've just traded the next Ziebell, Cunnington, Selwood or T. Thomas.

..........or Rhys Palmer.

I get your point, but what I am really suggesting is that if a decent quality trade presents itself, then it should be seriously considered, considering the history of this middle of the 1st round.

If we could turn 7 in to a good ready to go player, and still work out a pick in the mid teens in the deal, then we should not ignore it.

..........or Rhys Palmer.

I get your point, but what I am really suggesting is that if a decent quality trade presents itself, then it should be seriously considered, considering the history of this middle of the 1st round.

If we could turn 7 in to a good ready to go player, and still work out a pick in the mid teens in the deal, then we should not ignore it.

Fair call. Did some posting on here a while back about which recruiting pathway the top 3 B&F placings in each premiership team for the last few years came via.

Top end draft talent was definitely weighted heavily in there. Based on that superficial analysis imo if you have a high pick you take it to the draft.

Fair call. Did some posting on here a while back about which recruiting pathway the top 3 B&F placings in each premiership team for the last few years came via.

Top end draft talent was definitely weighted heavily in there. Based on that superficial analysis imo if you have a high pick you take it to the draft.

Agree, but the real issue here is with pick 7 being rated as a "high pick" for this draft? Generally, it appears to be the outlier for 2000's era combined drafts.

We need another Higgins/Polec/Bailey Scott, or another Goldstein.

How certain are we of getting one of those at pick 7?

It appears that the best ruck prospect is rated in the mid to late teens.

I don't care how anyone cuts this, Polec, Pittard and Baileys points for Zak Butters & pick 61, is going to be a win for us.

There's 250 games in Jared & Jasper, and Bailey should play as many as Zak Butters.

We have made out like bandits in this deal.

The club should be on the hunt for a similiar trade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back