Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade wishes.

A 93kg Larkey for a 98kg Larkey
A 75kg Simpkin for an 80kg Simpkin
A 75kg Turner for an 80kg Turner
An 80kg Thomas for an 85kg Thomas
A 2 pre-season Ahern & LDU for a 3 pre-season Ahern & LDU
A 1 pre-season Crocker & Scott for a 2 pre-season Crocker & Scott.
A 93kg Zurhaar with another pre-season.
An injury free run for Wood, Ed Vickers-Willis & Garner.

A fit Jacobs & Daw would be cream on the top.

I told you folks that this list had finals capability and that tactics were killing many of our blokes. Both of these issues have been proven in the last month.

Trust me again, when I tell you that we are not as far off as many seem to think. Make no mistake, we played the most talented side in the comp today. We can give top 4 a shake next season. This competition is not going to see us coming.

I concur with this in that when we regroup over the holiday, if we can have a low injury list and by god's will Jacob and Daw return to full fitness and stay fit for entirety of 2020, we are flag chance much like Bulldog and Richmond type ala outsider. With so many things have happen, we have only somewhat returned to playing something remotely near our best. If shaw stays as coach, he will be able to get more out of the group. If we get longmire then we are in for a good period of time as he has a proven track record of getting the most out of players.

A bit more class and poise across half back would be a welcome addition.

Macmillan, Marley and LMac - while they try hard, lack precision with their disposal and vision to set things up for midsized defenders.

I also think our KP backs lack class. Aside from Taz, and Scooter (the end is nigh though) our others are unproven. I think we could be exposed in this area - as we were at the start of the year with Taz rusty to begin with and Maj out.

I love EVW, reckon he’ll be great. But can’t stay on the park.

Rumour has it Aidan Bonar wants to leave GWS and we're the front runners.

Dunno how true it is, but this actually throws up some interesting possibilities. GWS will definitely be looking to keep their 2 x 2019 1st round picks and draft Greene from their academy.

GWS have picks 9, 16 &52 at the moment and will be blowing some serious currency for Greene from their academy who is ranked in the 3, 4, 5 range (~2000 points), which reduces to ~1600 with their 20% discount.

We currently have picks 7, 25, 43 & 67.

25, 43 & 67 = 1203 points and GWS's pick 52 adds another 246 = 1449 points.

Then we could swap 7 & 9 (= 175 point loss) which gets GWS over the line for Greene. GWS still have to sprinkle the pot so they send their 2020 2nd round pick our way.

North: Bonar, 2019 pick 9 & 2020 2nd round pick for picks 7, 25, 43 & 67
GWS: Picks 7, 16 and Greene (top 5 ranked draftee) and lose 2020 2nd round pick.

GWS get their star academy kid, and keep their 2 x 1st round picks with a slightly upgrade.

We keep our 1st round pick, pick up Bonar & a 2020 2nd round pick.

Bonar went at pick 11 in 2017, this trade sees us get him for around pick 20-22.

Dunno how true it is, but this actually throws up some interesting possibilities. GWS will definitely be looking to keep their 2 x 2019 1st round picks and draft Greene from their academy.

GWS have picks 9, 16 &52 at the moment and will be blowing some serious currency for Greene from their academy who is ranked in the 3, 4, 5 range (~2000 points), which reduces to ~1600 with their 20% discount.

We currently have picks 7, 25, 43 & 67.

25, 43 & 67 = 1203 points and GWS's pick 52 adds another 246 = 1449 points.

Then we could swap 7 & 9 (= 175 point loss) which gets GWS over the line for Greene. GWS still have to sprinkle the pot so they send their 2020 2nd round pick our way.

North: Bonar, 2019 pick 9 & 2020 2nd round pick for picks 7, 25, 43 & 67
GWS: Picks 7, 16 and Greene (top 5 ranked draftee) and lose 2020 2nd round pick.

GWS get their star academy kid, and keep their 2 x 1st round picks with a slightly upgrade.

We keep our 1st round pick, pick up Bonar & a 2020 2nd round pick.

Bonar went at pick 11 in 2017, this trade sees us get him for around pick 20-22.

Would GWS looking at trading the 7 pick for an established player if Greene is as good as you say and will, therefore, attract a rival bid?

Would GWS looking at trading the 7 pick for an established player if Greene is as good as you say and will, therefore, attract a rival bid?

I dunno.

I suspect they want to keep picks ~9 & 16 AND get their kids for points after that.

The only way that will happen is trading.

Last edited:
We need to temper things in the knowledge that Bonar went at pick 11 in a draft that isn't exactly bursting with fruit flavor.

He appears very much like a project type to me and they can end up busts.

I dunno.

I suspect they want to keep picks ~9 & 16 AND get their kids for points after that.

The only way that will happen is trading.

My understanding is if there was an offer for Greene in that 3, 4, 5 range you are talking about then GWS has to offer up their next best pick to get him. In that case, the pick 9 would go on Greene.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to temper things in the knowledge that Bonar went at pick 11 in a draft that isn't exactly bursting with fruit flavor.

He appears very much like a project type to me and they can end up busts.
Do you think he might be worth a 3rd SB? Rather than in the 20s? Hasnt been banging the door down despite having opportunities due to injuries.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

My understanding is if there was an offer for Greene in that 3, 4, 5 range you are talking about then GWS has to offer up their next best pick to get him. In that case, the pick 9 would go on Greene.

D'oh! I think you're correct. I forgot all this stuff since last year.

GWS will want to offload picks.

More a suggestion if goldy walks to st kilda as floated earlier

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The best ruck prospect they have had in years finally surfaces and then they go out a place a long term (relevant to age) contract for significant coin in front of a ruckman rising 32 years of age?

It makes no sense whatsoever mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back