VFL 2019 VFL R8 vs Box Hill (Sat 25 May 2pm @ VICTORIA PARK)

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to get the win, even better Daicos and Quaynor are building as the season progresses.

We need Sier to up that possession rate to 25+.

Why do we need Sier to get to 25+
We are gifting games to Wills who has about 10....
It’s an instant upgrade to bring in Sier for Wills

member: 1173"]Yeah it would be absolutely awesome because it means he would be one of the best wingers in the AFL.[/QUOTE]
His aerobic capacity would have to improve just a touch!

Like the numbers for Quaynor and Daicos today. I didn't see the game, so numbers are one thing, but did both show they are in the frame for AFL in the next few rounds?

View attachment 680283

Nice that they're knocking on the door but not sure there's a spot for them at the moment. Aish and Grenwood both played great games last night so IQ definitely up against it. Wells injury, and Phillips, Thomas and WHE struggling so potentially a spot for Daic's but Varcoe, Adams, JDG all in the frame ahead of him you'd think.

Where was Daicos getting the footy today?
Watched him last week and it was mostly uncontested footy! Anyone?

Wills played the vast majority of his TOG last night as a forward. Have you watched Sier play as a forward?

My boy Glover had a really good game.
Named in the bests

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2019-05-25/vfl-pies-storm-home-to-roll-hawks
Collingwood 2.2 4.3 7.7 12.7 (79)
Box Hill 1.1 5.6 7.8 9.11 (65)

Goals – Collingwood:
Glover 2, Gallucci 2, Crocker 2, Kelly 2, Lynch, Ralph, Wellings, Howe
Box Hill: Ross 4, Waler, Roughead, Golds, Walker, Miles, Mullenger-McHugh

Best – Collingwood: Daicos, Howe, Hustwaite, Woodward, Glover, Lane
Box Hill: Brand, Ross, Jones, Roughead, Mascitti, Maloney

Sier was getting 25 even 30+ in the VFL last year and it was that form line that saw him rewarded with senior selection.

Adams will replace Wills so Sier will have to force his way in ahead of a Thomas, Brown, Greenwood or Aish.

His VFL form hasn't reached the same heights as last year yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outside the one howler Daicos has been pretty consistent with his numbers.

Round 1. 23 disposals, 1 goal
Round 2. 23 disposals, 1 goal
Round 3. 17 disposals, 1 goal
Round 4. 9 disposals
Round 6. 26 disposals
Round 7. 23 disposals, 1 goal
Round 8. 34 disposals

Carlton Tigers et al

Hmmmm, not sure I like being labeled a Carlton or Richmond supporter. Phillips critisism perfectly reasonable given his recent form. Only sycophantic club plants would suggest otherwise.

Hmmmm, not sure I like being labeled a Carlton or Richmond supporter. Phillips critisism perfectly reasonable given his recent form. Only sycophantic club plants would suggest otherwise.
I think you need to calm the farm.
Labelling who?

You’ve gone with some weird paranoia then ratcheted it up a notch.

May have been Woodward's last game for the Pies!!
I’m not sure any club would be willing to roll the dice on a guy who’s had 4 ACL’s when they’re recruiting to cover injured players...

I’m not sure any club would be willing to roll the dice on a guy who’s had 4 ACL’s when they’re recruiting to cover injured players...
If he does an acl early next season, you replace him in the midseason draft. If he does not, you may have got yourself an AFL mid. I don't see much risk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back