VFL 2019 VFL R8 vs Box Hill (Sat 25 May 2pm @ VICTORIA PARK)

Remove this Banner Ad

Your problem with Phillips is right there, he is none of those and probably never will be.
He is a good player who will sometimes play at a higher standard, but not often. He is a work horse, not a racehorse, does the team things not the flashy stuff. Does a few things wrong, but name a player who doesn’t during a game.

I've never questioned his potential and have frequently praised him. He could well end up a "good average footballer". But his form at the moment though is very ordinary. I'm not sure why there's so much angst toward people who are critical when his performances deserve it.

i don't think he's fit to clean the boots of those greats. Lacks the pace, skill and physicality to ever be, yet posters think he's the best wingman at Collingwood because he runs a long way and that to me is both a questionable assessment and an indictment on our recruiting.

Last edited:
I've never questioned his potential and have frequently praised him. He could well end up a "good average footballer". But his form at the moment though is very ordinary. I'm not sure why there's so much angst toward people who are critical when his performances deserve it.

i don't think he's fit to clean the boots of those greats. Lacks the pace, skill and physicality to ever be, yet posters think he's the best wingman at Collingwood because he runs a long way and that to me is both a questionable assessment and an indictment on our recruiting.

fml.jpg

Stop. For the love of God. We get it, you don't like him.

CFFeWrT.png

AJtwLpi.png

Lots of bear hugs.
Nice to see hom
Tackling strongly.

IQ also doing tackling.

Why would you drop an AFL listed player.

Poor discipline?

Not following coach’s instructions?

Poor training standards?

Turning up late to training?

Off field indiscretion?

Last edited:
I know he’s a development project but Atu’s stats are very underwhelming. Interesting to see how he develops next year
They're playing him in the graveyard position in the forward line. Sometimes you should ignore the stat sheet. When the game was there to be won in the last quarter Atu contributed as much as anyone.

They're playing him in the graveyard position in the forward line. Sometimes you should ignore the stat sheet. When the game was there to be won in the last quarter Atu contributed as much as anyone.

With small forwards, it's about whether they're getting themselves front and centre, whether they are providing pressure and whether they are clean when the ball falls their way. Possession counts are less significant, but 3 possessions and one tackle for the game? And that isn't far below his standard stats. He's obviously a long long way off it.

With small forwards, it's about whether they're getting themselves front and centre, whether they are providing pressure and whether they are clean when the ball falls their way. Possession counts are less significant, but 3 possessions and one tackle for the game? And that isn't far below his standard stats. He's obviously a long long way off it.

Was always going to be a long term project. Comes from a rugby background so limited exposure to footy. I hope they persevere with him as it will enhance his potential 2020 and beyond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have never over inflated Phillips, in my view he will never be top shelve player, but he works harder than most and does the team stuff, with an odd or two mistakes, but l have learnt to accept him for what he is as a player and what he bring to the team

A good role player. That’s fine, you need one on each line just to keep salary cap down.

Sier gained an extra two possessions out of nowhere.

27 touches is promising for Quaynor, might be time to get him some exposure while Langdon is out.

Daicos’ improvement is exciting; great to have good ball users.

Sier gained an extra two possessions out of nowhere.

27 touches is promising for Quaynor, might be time to get him some exposure while Langdon is out.

Daicos’ improvement is exciting; great to have good ball users.

Would be interested in Quaynor's efficiency numbers. Thought his disposal to start was a little bit sloppy but like Sier was fantastic in the second half.

Was at game from what I saw Daicos and quaynor stand outs..
That's good to hear because our website didn't name the Q among our best and he got a ton of it.

Best – Collingwood: Daicos, Howe, Hustwaite, Woodward, Glover, Lane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back