VFL 2019 VFL R8 vs Box Hill (Sat 25 May 2pm @ VICTORIA PARK)

Remove this Banner Ad

On a very quick look aside from one article stating Tim had a brother (no name mentioned) I can't find any media confirming it. Was more an assumption based on the surname, TAC cup and appearance.
I did look and found a story about a sister (Gabby) who also played football, it confirmed they were (all) siblings.

http://www.dscribe.net.au/2019/05/16/victorian-footy-overflowing-with-female-players/

One of the first female players at the club and the captain of the women’s squad, Gabby Golds, says she is also pleasantly surprised at the participation rate.

“It’s a really big deal for the club because the club probably wasn’t expecting it.”

Sibling to Hawthorn’s newest recruit Will Golds and former Collingwood player Tim Golds, footy is in her blood.

Playing netball for most of her life, Gabby says footy is “much more exciting” and being a player at the OXFC makes her feel more included in the community.
=========================================
It does seem almost certain that Tim and Will Golds are brothers!

If BigFooty can be trusted, it's also confirmed here!!: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...k-30-2018-rookie-draft.1209353/#post-58923380

Last edited:
On a very quick look aside from one article stating Tim had a brother (no name mentioned) I can't find any media confirming it. Was more an assumption based on the surname, TAC cup and appearance.
The surname in the plural “Golds” would seem far less frequent than “Gold” so there could be something in it.

The surname in the plural “Golds” would seem far less frequent than “Gold” so there could be something in it.
Edit: I really should read down, as 35Daicos is likely to answer such posers as he has here.

I’m in the group that finds such things fascinating and intriguing.
Once I saw the surname “Golds” I thought of Tim. Just on the rarity of the plural version of Gold.

NB: at least Tim Golds gets a memory stimulus because of this as he wasn’t the most memorable player we’ve had.

I
I see AFL Record Season (Guide) 2019 doesn't mention the Golds brothers' connection in the Family Links: Current Players section, though it obviously belongs there. Since both joined the AFL from Xavier College/Oakleigh Chargers (and players with that surname in AFL ranks are rarely seen) it might have occurred to someone that they should check to see if there was a connection!
I think i can forgive a non hardcore Collingwood fan who hears the name Golds and doesn't recall Tim's career with us.

I
I think i can forgive a non hardcore Collingwood fan who hears the name Golds and doesn't recall Tim's career with us.
I'm a full time supporter and I can't, (choose not to) recall it.

No Scharenberg? I guess we'll have to wait a little longer.

Yeah, I'll get along for a look. Nice sunny day for it currently and no senior footy in Melbourne this week.
In that case, I will thank you in advance. I can't make it sadly.

I am looking forward reading about Daics continuining in the form of the past two weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s Victoria Park’s great charm.

Easy to walk into, free entry too.

Really easy to watch the game from different spots (if you like doing that.)
Like at Kardinia Park, which is a lovely boutique stadium these days, you really only watch the reserves from one area as they close off large sections. (I can understand that as easy for them to manage the crowd easily and I guess it’s cheaper.)
Our ground you sit in a stand, a lawn or a seat on the boundary.
Our atmosphere is so good too.
And BYO .....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back