BBL 2020-21 Big Bash League season

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry if its been answered but can you play all 3 overseas in the same 11?
Yes mate - will make for some strong line-ups on occasions. I understand that teams can replace the two internationals in their 18 man squad with other overseas players if need be, but the 19th player can't be replaced, so you have him for however many games he is available for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James Bazley at the Heat. Forgot he existed, would have much rather seen us give one of our u19 boys a contract. One thing the IPL does infinitely better than the BBL is the opportunities they give to guys straight out of their u19 squads. Would have like to see us pick Connor Sully up over Bazley.

I have some rumours that clubs could be picking up

Danny Briggs - Adelaide Strikers
Carlos Braithwaite - Sydney Sixers
Jason Holder - Sydney Sixers
Sandeep Lamichane - Hobart Hurricanes
Zahir Khan - Melbourne Stars

I have some rumours that clubs could be picking up

Danny Briggs - Adelaide Strikers
Carlos Braithwaite - Sydney Sixers
Jason Holder - Sydney Sixers
Sandeep Lamichane - Hobart Hurricanes
Zahir Khan - Melbourne Stars

James Bazley at the Heat. Forgot he existed, would have much rather seen us give one of our u19 boys a contract. One thing the IPL does infinitely better than the BBL is the opportunities they give to guys straight out of their u19 squads. Would have like to see us pick Connor Sully up over Bazley.
Agreed - I noticed that as well in the IPL this year. I know there's a few from this year's u19 already signed (i.e. Harvey, Fraser-McGurk, Davies, Sangha) but I reckon there's a couple of others who look the goods. Definitely Sully should be one (I remember he teed off against England). I think there's a lad from SA who gives them a fair whack as well, and a lad from WA (Connolly?). I remember reading an article with the late Dean Jones where he said there should be more opportunities for these young players as well. There appears to be a lot pf players just getting recycled around the clubs.

Wasn't Bazley one of the next big things in QLD cricket when he popped on the scene a few years ago? Or did I just lump him in with Heazlett, Renshaw and the others that were progressing through at the time...

Wasn't Bazley one of the next big things in QLD cricket when he popped on the scene a few years ago? Or did I just lump him in with Heazlett, Renshaw and the others that were progressing through at the time...
Yep - he played a fair bit in that CA XI set-up which was where the young guns were effectively 'hothoused' - did okay and got a 50 and 4-fa in a first class tour game against the Windies.

He had osteitis pubis and some other injuries I think when he joined the Hurricanes and effectively missed about two seasons trying to get it right. Starred in the Marnus Labuschagne 'corn-catching' video that went viral after Marnus took a ripper as a sub fielder in the Gabba Test. Was always considered a good prospect - he's older than Ren, same age as Heazlett. Not the worst pick-up I reckon.

I've heard people across Social Media that the hurricanes lineup is batting heavy. I don't think that's the case, We've still got 3 more people to sign and they could be potentially all bowlers.

They kind of have to be because Wade is not going to be available and Australia love picking Short for limited overs squads and then not playing him so the Hurricanes need to be prepared for them not being available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back