Preview 2020 AFL National Draft Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Let’s just keep on recruiting talls so we can become THE LAND OF THE GIANTS. Because that’s the recipe to success. :stern look

It's ******* insane.

I actually can't believe people want to choose a ruck forward with pick 2.

I'd agree if we didn't have Goldy, Xerri and ******* Comben already.

Thank * these clowns aren't actually selecting. Mcdonald can * off too, too slow, not big enough.... reeks of busto deluxo IMO. In fact, I'd imagine he won't be ever any better Jwalker is right now and we'll have to pay him overs his entire career.

Our first pick will tell us everything about how we are planning to play next yr and beyond.... grabbing thilly or lmac will be seen as browns replacement... going for a mid signals that we are comfortable with two talls and as you say they agree the game is moving away from kpfs and we will be complementing the talls with mediums and smalls which we have a fair selection of.... best part of it all is that we get to make this call as there will be talls avail as opposed to having a later pick whereby we may have be forced to play smaller... although again had we had a later pick maybe then we wouldn't have been so reluctant to get rid of BBB

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree. Just worried about Larkey's injury concerns.

It's ******* insane.

I actually can't believe people want to choose a ruck forward with pick 2.

I'd agree if we didn't have Goldy, Xerri and ******* Comben already.

No draft decision should involve the discussion "we already have Xerri and Comben".

If we think Thilthorpe is going to be a better player than Hollands then we pick him, it would be negligent not to.

No draft decision should involve the discussion "we already have Xerri and Comben".

If we think Thilthorpe is going to be a better player than Hollands then we pick him, it would be negligent not to.
So much this.

While I hope Comben and Xerri develop into valuable players or actual stars they're a long way from being there.

#2 has to be best available in the eyes of our recruiters.

So let's get this straight.

Because we have Nick Larkey on a grand total of 29 games who kicked the amazing tally of 14 goals from 10 games in 2020.

And Charlie Comben who was unable to participate in many games in his top age year and no inter-club games of any form in his 1st AFL year due to back injuries. Career games 0.

And Tristan Xerri currently tracking under every AFL average except tackling and goal accuracy (1 from 1). Career games 4.

Oh - and because there's been some failed talls taken with early picks (ignoring all the good ones including the father-son and prelisted ones).. and recent premiership teams haven't built their gameplans around talls (ignoring that they still have 1st round talls in their sides)...

..We shouldn't consider drafting a tall forward/ruck with an early pick?

Because we have Nick Larkey on a grand total of 29 games who kicked the amazing tally of 14 goals from 10 games in 2020.

And Charlie Comben who was unable to participate in many games in his top age year and no inter-club games of any form in his 1st AFL year due to back injuries. Career games 0.

And Tristan Xerri currently tracking under every AFL average except tackling and goal accuracy (1 from 1). Career games 4.

Oh - and because there's been some failed talls taken with early picks (ignoring all the good ones including the father-son and prelisted ones).. and recent premiership teams haven't built their gameplans around talls (ignoring that they still have 1st round talls in their sides)...

I'm not anti using Pick 2 on a KPF/Ruck because we have Comben, Xerri, Larkey.

I'm anti using Pick 2 on a KPF/Ruck because I think midfielders are more important in modern day footy. The midfield is also an area that we have been historically very poor, whilst we have been strong in KPF/Ruck stocks, and experienced minimal success. I'd rather be strong in the midfield, and weaker in the KPF/Ruck.

I agree but there is also the other train of thought that we are moving away from the tall kpfs so believe what we have is sufficient and maybe filling the rest of the fwd line with mobile quick meds and small ie 1 tall 3meds and 2 smalls...

I'm anti using Pick 2 on a KPF/Ruck because I think midfielders are more important in modern day footy. The midfield is also an area that we have been historically very poor, whilst we have been strong in KPF/Ruck stocks, and experienced minimal success. I'd rather be strong in the midfield, and weaker in the KPF/Ruck.

I'd love us to pick Hollands because he's a freak talent but it's not exactly a given that he develops into an elite AFL mid either.

It's going to be interesting to see which way we go.

So far Clayton, Luff even Amarfio have talked up Comben, Xerri has been mentioned. and the possibility of having a "unique" style forward set up. Now Larkey, Comben, & McDonald/Thilthorpe doesn't reek of anything particularly unique.

They've also talked about adding speed and skill.

Whether they are full of s**t and just trying to throw the opposition, who knows?.......

I'm trying not to barrack for a certain player type, just trying to read something into what may be nothing.

The only thing I will be slightly disappointed in is if we went KPD at 2 or 11. But that would only be momentarily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree but there is also the other train of thought that we are moving away from the tall kpfs so believe what we have is sufficient and maybe filling the rest of the fwd line with mobile quick meds and small ie 1 tall 3meds and 2 smalls...

This is hugely exaggerated.

Finals winning sides included Riewoldt, Lynch, Hawkins, Max King, Dixon. A decent KPF was almost synonymous with being a winning finals team.

What I do know is that Sydney will swoop on DGB, match a bid for Campbell and potentially end up with the 2 best players in the draft in 5 years.
Or Campbell will remain a crafty half-forward and DGB will be a premiership player ... for the Eagles. Don't get too down, KC, we could very well clean up in this draft. Maybe the best player will be there at 30, some flanker who was about to kill the NAB this year but never got a chance. So many unknowns ...

It's going to be interesting to see which way we go.

So far Clayton, Luff even Amarfio have talked up Comben, Xerri has been mentioned. and the possibility of having a "unique" style forward set up. Now Larkey, Comben, & McDonald/Thilthorpe doesn't reek of anything particularly unique.

They've also talked about adding speed and skill.

Whether they are full of sh*t and just trying to throw the opposition, who knows?.......

I'm trying not to barrack for a certain player type, just trying to read something into what may be nothing.

The only thing I will be slightly disappointed in is if we went KPD at 2 or 11. But that would only be momentarily.

They have no reason to lie about it, and it's not going to throw off the opposition as I'm sure the opp are more concerned with their own lists as opposed to what north are doing.... so I think it's genuine but guess not long to find out

This is hugely exaggerated.

Finals winning sides included Riewoldt, Lynch, Hawkins, Max King, Dixon. A decent KPF was almost synonymous with being a winning finals team.

There is one tall in my stated comment... rich won in 2017 with only one tall... have since moved to two talls but some would call Riewoldt a med fwd now he has lost his leapt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back