2020 AFLW R6 vs BL (Sat 14 Mar 3.10pm @ Hickey Park (Bris))

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the replay. How good was D’Arcy? A strong natural forward. Beautiful mark. But needs help with her distance kicking.

Why were Lambert’s opponents allowed to fall on her back, with no free paid? Happened several times. Then she just gets up and gets on with it, no carry on.

O’Dea is a tough nut. Not polished but hard at it.

Watching the replay. How good was D’Arcy? A strong natural forward. Beautiful mark. But needs help with her distance kicking.

Why were Lambert’s opponents allowed to fall on her back, with no free paid? Happened several times. Then she just gets up and gets on with it, no carry on.

Lambert was definitely mauled in this game but to be expected... V P she is the best player in the league this year imo.

Good learning experience for her today.

LIONS vs COLLINGWOOD

Very good effort today.

To quote Molloy after the game when she said, “a nice collective win”.

The loss of Layton early was devasting, but the girls took it in their stride like it didn’t even matter. Well done girls!

The intercept marking by the defence was superb today. They really stifled the Brisbane forwards. Our mids hunted the ball today and that put pressure on Brisbane trying to deliver it forward.

Our forwards lead well today and presented to the approaching kickers.

We had a game plan that was followed to the letter.

18 shots to 4 proved it. Pity we weren’t more accurate.

Our tackling today again was superb. We really hunted their players today.

Overall, a very good team performance.

Layton – Started really well and then got hurt. From the various reports her injury could be season ending to ….. ???

Molloy – Was okay today. Shots at goal are a premium. Really dumb to give one away.

Davey – Really good today. Was everywhere and played “tough”.

D’Arcy – Was fabulous today. Presented on the lead and in the air, time and time again. Two shots for goal just dropped short on the line. Missed a couple of others and then finally got one on her “right”. A great game today Sarah!

Allen – A good game. Played down back and showed her calm accurate kicking skills again.

Rowe – Was very good in the first half where she was everywhere and kicked a goal. Quieter in the second half.

Bonnici – Britta was everywhere today and racked up possessions. I thought BOG today.

Porter – Was defensively good today.

Livingstone – Was okay. The Lions’ forwards didn’t do anything.

Hynes – With the loss of Layton she had to step up and I think she did that today. Her second efforts were good. Must be careful with her kicking, though. Will be our main ruck for the remainder of the season … so please be prepared for the challenge.

Lambert – Was heavily tagged today and got some treatment. Did okay, nevertheless. In and under as usual.

Sheridan – Was much better today. Worked hard all day.

Fowler – A good game around the ground. Along with Hynes will need to step up in our tall women department for the remainder of the season.

Chiocci – Was very good today. I’ll use the cliché a “captain’s game” today.

Membrey – Presented well today, both on the lead and in the air. Rewarded with a goal.

Casey – Was very good defensively today. Hammered their forwards and intercepted and cut things off at the pass.

Butler – Was okay today.

Alexander – Kicked a goal and we need her height and presence up forward as a tall within the side more now with the injury to Layton. Good effort.

Cann – Was good and busy defensively up forward today. Well done today.

Shevlin – Was okay today.

O’Dea – Last week I mentioned she must stay in this side as she is a tackling machine. Was great again today as a run with role. Same comment as last week, “she hammered them and tackled them all day long. Great effort again!

I was really impressed with some of our passages of play. In particular some of our slick kicking and handballing skills and our overlap running. Hitting players at full pace running past and breaking through the opposition defensive structures. Also some really good work overhead.

I thought Hynes had a fantastic game and really lifted us after Sharni hurt her finger. She was good in the ruck, with her follow up efforts and took some strong marks. We have good depth in midfield and a good balance of inside and outside. Bonnici, Davey, Lambert and O'Dea are just so good inside the contest. Even when Lamberts effectiveness was reduced through a tag it just opened it up for the others. Then on the outside I thought Chiocci was simply fantastic. The passage leading to the goal in the last was such a great display of skill, smarts and effort. Involved in three possessions from half back to forward and iced the game. Rowe and Aishling are so quick also and add a fantastic balance on the outside also. Rowe has really hit her straps and gave us great run.

I liked Allen off half back. It let her get into the game more and her kicking skills were great. Love our defence with Livingstone, Fowler playing her part and Porter is a serious talent.

Switching ends, how good was D'Arcy. She just presented so hard at the footy. I reckon her added size helps her in the contest. She hit the ball so hard when she leads at it, bit like De Goey, and her hands are so strong. I wish her kicking skills were better. Really needs to work on strengthening her legs or technique to get more distance. But she was a corner stone for us.

I really like how everyone from 1 to 22 are playing their part and standing up when its their go.

I'm really enjoying this season and just seeing the evolution of the womans game and our beloved Pies. Its so fun to watch.

I was really impressed with some of our passages of play. In particular some of our slick kicking and handballing skills and our overlap running. Hitting players at full pace running past and breaking through the opposition defensive structures. Also some really good work overhead.

I thought Hynes had a fantastic game and really lifted us after Sharni hurt her finger. She was good in the ruck, with her follow up efforts and took some strong marks. We have good depth in midfield and a good balance of inside and outside. Bonnici, Davey, Lambert and O'Dea are just so good inside the contest. Even when Lamberts effectiveness was reduced through a tag it just opened it up for the others. Then on the outside I thought Chiocci was simply fantastic. The passage leading to the goal in the last was such a great display of skill, smarts and effort. Involved in three possessions from half back to forward and iced the game. Rowe and Aishling are so quick also and add a fantastic balance on the outside also. Rowe has really hit her straps and gave us great run.

I liked Allen off half back. It let her get into the game more and her kicking skills were great. Love our defence with Livingstone, Fowler playing her part and Porter is a serious talent.

Switching ends, how good was D'Arcy. She just presented so hard at the footy. I reckon her added size helps her in the contest. She hit the ball so hard when she leads at it, bit like De Goey, and her hands are so strong. I wish her kicking skills were better. Really needs to work on strengthening her legs or technique to get more distance. But she was a corner stone for us.

I really like how everyone from 1 to 22 are playing their part and standing up when its their go.

I'm really enjoying this season and just seeing the evolution of the womans game and our beloved Pies. Its so fun to watch.

Easily the best season to date, and not just because our girls are playing great footy. The skills across the board have improved, and some good scores are being kicked.

You are right to highlight Chiocci’s efforts. She has lifted this year, and has a captain’s presence. It’s no mean feat to captain a Collingwood side, and she is very deserving.

She's a ripper. Lots of Travis Cloke like strength and endurance. She always gives a contest and her strength and courage gives this team a wonderful target.

Easily the best season to date, and not just because our girls are playing great footy. The skills across the board have improved, and some good scores are being kicked.

You are right to highlight Chiocci’s efforts. She has lifted this year, and has a captain’s presence. It’s no mean feat to captain a Collingwood side, and she is very deserving.

You've got to give so much credit to Steph (and to Steve Symonds) for finding her confidence. This season she's playing with the freedom to run and she's been phenomenal. Her tackling is also underrated as is her smothering and direction on field. She is fast becoming the very essence on a Collingwood captain. Smart, tough and selfless. Way to go Choc!

She was very good. Nothing elegant about her approach but leaves nothing out when she goes in to a contest. I love players who give their all, even if they have their limitations.

Blair, Possum and Goldy are all premiership players who had significant flaws but gave their all to every contest. Let’s hope O’Dea can join the club.

You've got to give so much credit to Steph (and to Steve Symonds) for finding her confidence. This season she's playing with the freedom to run and she's been phenomenal. Her tackling is also underrated as is her smothering and direction on field. She is fast becoming the very essence on a Collingwood captain. Smart, tough and selfless. Way to go Choc!

I'm stoked we've managed to build a midfield that allows Chiocci to play off a wing. She was never an inside midfielder and we set her up to fail playing that role. Lambert and Davey plus the emergence of Brit is such a great core of players. It's really freed Chiocci up to play her best footy off a wing. I do love Chiocci's combo of toughness and outside run. It makes her a really damaging player. And I reckon you sum it up perfectly with the word confidence, she has a swagger to her game this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back