Game Day 2020 AFLW Rnd 2 - Richmond vs Gold Coast Saturday 15th Feb Metricon Stadium 4.10pm local time - 5.10 Melb time

Remove this Banner Ad

at least Tesoreiro has good quality skills and stability, but as you said, a lack of pace.
She’s good above her head and can mark, but Carlton were running rings around us last week and Gold Coast out-paced us too even though they were a fellow expansion side.

I think we need to look at our list to see who our best 22 is objectively and not look at which players had what accolades or reputation in the past.

She’s good above her head and can mark, but Carlton were running rings around us last week and Gold Coast out-paced us too even though they were a fellow expansion side.

I think we need to look at our list to see who our best 22 is objectively and not look at which players had what accolades or reputation in the past.

not quick as other sides unfortunatly

Its like watching junior footy played in the rain. Their is very little threat of scoring and it's just watching error after error and fail after fail. Genuinely I struggle how people can get around this but I want to for the Tigers.

each to their own. They crack in hard, but whoever makes the rules needs to accept some more changes away from the men’s game. The best change (and admittedly the hardest to implement) is to reduce the oval size, I think it would improve the speed and spectacle if the 50 line was 40 instead.

each to their own. They crack in hard, but whoever makes the rules needs to accept some more changes away from the men’s game. The best change (and admittedly the hardest to implement) is to reduce the oval size, I think it would improve the speed and spectacle if the 50 line was 40 instead.
100% they crack in, its the best part of AFLW. But right now, it seems to be the only good part. That's harsh, but it's also not far off the truth.

100% they crack in, its the best part of AFLW. But right now, it seems to be the only good part. That's harsh, but it's also not far off the truth.

I understand. A lot of frustration for me girls unable to kick on opposite foot or handball correctly.

Didn’t see the sec half was out for dinner , disappointing from what I saw , we look to be well behind any other side I’ve seen yet in as far as ball movement and pure ability , we struggle to do 2 good things in a row , trying to hit up a forward is like defusing a bomb for us yet our oppo can do it. Kb has been pretty average unless she had a blinder Of a sec half , conti was getting better and better and benardi good also. Not sure where our first W will come , NM will be a formidable opponent next week

I’m sorry but this team won’t do much with Tesoriero and Sabrina in this team in their current state. The lack of agility in our team is telling
Yep found out for fitness and pace at the level , Tesoriero needs to be dropped immediately, was hopeless r1 has little to offer

I understand. A lot of frustration for me girls unable to kick on opposite foot or handball correctly.

Haven’t we been spoilt by the skill level of the men!

Go back to the 70’s and the skills, with the exception of a few players were pretty ordinary. Some of those left foot kicks or handballs were shockers. VFL football had been going 100 years in the 70’s.
AFLW has been going 4 years.
It will get there.

Disappointing result today but 100% improvement on last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep found out for fitness and pace at the level , Tesoriero needs to be dropped immediately, was hopeless r1 has little to offer

Just a shame we have such little depth. Whitford back next week will be handy and we need to debut Wood as well. Tesoriero and Burchell would be the two first out for me.

Need to release Akec to the wing as well, cause her defensive positioning lets herself and the whole unit down, even though she's great at rebounding.

My first live women's game for a while and first time watching the tiges. I was impressed with the speed of the game. Marking and field kicking wasn't bad. Converting in front of goal was the difference. We could've won it.
It's been a while since the Suns had a win
And if I was going to tinker with a rule
The 50m penalty has to become 40m.

Play across the ground like we did as kids? That would improve the scoring capabilities.

Just a shame we have such little depth. Whitford back next week will be handy and we need to debut Wood as well. Tesoriero and Burchell would be the two first out for me.

Need to release Akec to the wing as well, cause her defensive positioning lets herself and the whole unit down, even though she's great at rebounding.
Ok at trapping the ball and carrying it , invariably turns it over unfortunately , maybe wing would suit better

2 goals last week, 2 this week aint going to win you too many games unfortunatly
big shout out to my favourite player Grace Campbell, you are a star, fantastic AFLW debut, we need another 5 or 6 of you
2 goals this week were in the first quarter. And we were still in the game late in the 4th. Taking plenty of marks in the fwd 50, but unable to kick straight.
Our back line wasn't as good this week. Our tall ruck had a good 1st but the sun's girl evened it up after that.

Backing it up again this week were the quality players now with us in Monaghan, Conti and Bernadi who just win plenty of the the ball, I’ll give Brennan the benefit of doubt in change of position as she also is quality although not quite on top of her game as a midfielder, just yet. Akec Makur has been lively and when she is given space she is dangerous and impressive as a rebounder.

Go back to the 70’s and the skills, with the exception of a few players were pretty ordinary. Some of those left foot kicks or handballs were shockers. VFL football had been going 100 years in the 70’s.
It will get there.

I’m sure it will. But AFLW has the ability to dip into the experience of 120 years of men’s footy.

I also get that they don’t train full time, but I reckon a coach is almost better of concentrating on improving skills first and game plan second. The ability to kick opposite foot and hit handballs would open up teams.

It will get there.

right as usual TigermanM2, you absolute superstar
the 4 newbie sides are up against it, watched the WC v Freo game and WC couldn't string 3 plays together same as us, there in lies the problem
all other sides have had 2-3 years to get the game plans right, be able to move the ball in a little bit of space
one glaring problem other than stringing 2-3 plays from any position, is we need more players that can burst away when they get the ball
i know speed kills, but we need more SPEED, we're just not quick enough

2 goals this week were in the first quarter. And we were still in the game late in the 4th. Taking plenty of marks in the fwd 50, but unable to kick straight.
Our back line wasn't as good this week. Our tall ruck had a good 1st but the sun's girl evened it up after that.

yeah we have kicked 4 goals in 2Q, the other 6Q = zero, in 2 games, which is very bad
we need T.Lynch to teach them goal kicking, he has a beautiful simple kicking action which would suit the ladies
someone with clout at RFC needs to get onto this pronto

I’m sure it will. But AFLW has the ability to dip into the experience of 120 years of men’s footy.

I also get that they don’t train full time, but I reckon a coach is almost better of concentrating on improving skills first and game plan second. The ability to kick opposite foot and hit handballs would open up teams.

this^^^^^^^
easy to write, harder to train and improve in only one season in elite footy
will improve in time, lets be patient

yeah Tesoriero was a good theory, but in 2 games of practise has come woefully short, agree has little to offer and needs to be replaced
we need more SPEED, so giving Wood, Fitzgerald a go might not be a bad thing

Much more work needs to be done using Handball as an offensive weapon rather than hot potato Last resort
Shouldn’t be difficult to acquire that skill given most are ex bball of netball
Run and carry using handball and that would limit turnovers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back