List Mgmt. 2020: Death Riding Melbourne [NMFC owns MFC's 1st (#9) & 4th (#64) 2020 picks] - Keep Your Eye on the Red and the Blue

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for that Giantroo......further to that,.....does that mean they go down a pick or two....apologies I've taken no notice of the points system....
Yes.

Each pick has a points value. Pick 1 (3000), etc . For Pick 1 you must have the full allocation of points (3000) to keep the pick even though you may have enough to cover pick 2 (2,517).

From there, you just minus the point deficit (265) and you get the table I've posted.

1599480515067.png 1599480663454.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Bahahah spare me seriously..

Good pisstake

Strange conversation comparing Pickett and Powell. Both were picks on a needs basis. The Roos building from the midfield out so Powell is better for us but the Dees blessed with so much talent from underachieving for so long had positional need and Pickett was perfect for them.

What are you talking about about? He was recruited specifically as a small forward as this was our greatest needs. He's also 171cm so he suits this role to the absolute tee. You play players suited to their strengths. Besides, if you'd actually watch Kozzie this year ( when clearly you didnt) you would have seen Kozzie was playing midfield and would start in some our centres bounces as part of our midfield rotation.

He's just kicked 40 goals as a small forward in his 2nd year of the AFL system in the best team in the league. Those numbers alone are well ahead of Eddie Betts, Cyril Rioli, Charlie Cameron, Stephen Milne and Jeff Farmer when they were in their 2nd year of the AFL. His development is trending on the incline for now and still has a bit more development to go, but Pickett is one of the young stars of the game.

Haha are you serious? so we're comparing the first 10 games now? And you chucked on a bunch of highlights to justify this? If that's the case I'll upload kozzies first year below.

It's interesting you've pumped Powell fairly high but yet I saw he wasn't even nominated for the rising star this year in a group where it was considered to be one of the poorer groups of rising star nominations in years. Interesting.......

I didn’t realise he was so tiny.

It's interesting you've pumped Powell fairly high but yet I saw he wasn't even nominated for the rising star this year in a group where it was considered to be one of the poorer groups of rising star nominations in years. Interesting.......
Do you understand that just because he never got nominated for the rising star, that doesn’t mean he is just being ‘pumped fairly high’, for a first year player his vision, execution and awareness shouldn’t be that good.

It's playing into Melbourne supporters (vilest of the vile) hands to belittle Kosi in this exchange.

He's a gun. He's everything we wished Kayne Turner or Taylor Garner had become over a successful period.

Asking why one of the most effective small forwards in the last decade isn't playing upfield isn't really a valid position.

However the AFL Demon's rebuttal about Powell is plain stupid.

Strange conversation comparing Pickett and Powell. Both were picks on a needs basis. The Roos building from the midfield out so Powell is better for us but the Dees blessed with so much talent from underachieving for so long had positional need and Pickett was perfect for them.
It's your supporters making the comparison. Comments like "Powell is so much better then Kosi it’s ridiculous" is why any Melbourne supporter will raise their eyebrow.

Agree we picked players that were a desperate need for us.
Both club would be extremely happy with their development. And having watched a lot of North games I think Powell is going to be a 200 game midfield gun. I watch both he and Phillips this year and thought he was well ahead of Phillips. That's not to say Phillips won't be a gun because he will be, bit Powell fitted into the AFL action more seamless.

It's your supporters making the comparison. Comments like "Powell is so much better then Kosi it’s ridiculous" is why any Melbourne supporter will raise their eyebrow.

Both club would be extremely happy with their development. And having watched a lot of North games I think Powell is going to be a 200 game midfield gun. I watch both he and Phillips this year and thought he was well ahead of Phillips. That's not to say Phillips won't be a gun because he will be, bit Powell fitted into the AFL action more seamless.
One person said it and plenty of us would have been raising our eyebrows. Worth remembering you’re on a North board where we talk about and talk up our own players before you go full banter.

Assuming you're older than 12 or so, surely you understand the distinction between grandstanding and meaningful discussion?

Dissecting the trade with kids in their first handful of years is stupid.

The idea that you need to win trades is a pretty stupid concept TBH.

Given that we repeatedly trade with Melbourne it would suggest that neither club see it that way.

Was actually a pretty fair trade all round that round 1 pick swap. The Brown deal we are still behind on, could‘ve and should’ve handled that better. Think Brady would’ve learned a bit from that one.
It won't show up in direct trades but dropping BBB's salary is part of the reason we are in the running to liberate pick 19 from GC.

What are you talking about about? He was recruited specifically as a small forward as this was our greatest needs. He's also 171cm so he suits this role to the absolute tee. You play players suited to their strengths. Besides, if you'd actually watch Kozzie this year ( when clearly you didnt) you would have seen Kozzie was playing midfield and would start in some our centres bounces as part of our midfield rotation.

He's just kicked 40 goals as a small forward in his 2nd year of the AFL system in the best team in the league. Those numbers alone are well ahead of Eddie Betts, Cyril Rioli, Charlie Cameron, Stephen Milne and Jeff Farmer when they were in their 2nd year of the AFL. His development is trending on the incline for now and still has a bit more development to go, but Pickett is one of the young stars of the game.

Haha are you serious? so we're comparing the first 10 games now? And you chucked on a bunch of highlights to justify this? If that's the case I'll upload kozzies first year below.

Are you unable the tell the difference between those handballs and pretty much every other highlight ever? He has vision and situational awareness that is bordering on supernatural. Most fully mature mids can't handball like that, (Ie deliver to players in space with such precision,) let alone a kid in his first few games in the worst team in the comp.

Interesting that you lack the subtlety to identify elite skills in players but are happy to promote the obvious. You like that in real life too?

Are you unable the tell the difference between those handballs and pretty much every other highlight ever? He has vision and situational awareness that is bordering on supernatural. Most fully mature mids can't handball like that, (Ie deliver to players in space with such precision,) let alone a kid in his first few games in the worst team in the comp.

Interesting that you lack the subtlety to identify elite skills in players but are happy to promote the obvious. You like that in real life too?
Good lord... 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's playing into Melbourne supporters (vilest of the vile) hands to belittle Kosi in this exchange.

He's a gun. He's everything we wished Kayne Turner or Taylor Garner had become over a successful period.

Asking why one of the most effective small forwards in the last decade isn't playing upfield isn't really a valid position.

However the AFL Demon's rebuttal about Powell is plain stupid.
No one here is belittling Kosi. He is an absolute gun, as most of us have said. Its just some poorly-endowed Melbourne supporter trying to compensate for their life a week after their side won a flag.

I'm not even sure the Powell vs Pickett debate in isolation is relevant.

The pick we got from North (8) we traded to Fremantle for picks 10, 28 and a 2020 fourth rounder (which I don't think was ever used).

So it's either:

Powell vs Pickett & Rivers; or
Powell vs Serong

Just bad luck. For the first 2 months he and Gulden were neck in neck for the best eligible players looking at overall body of work, but he'd always have the 2nd best game of the weekend. He'd get 25 and 2 goals, and then some other guy would pop up and have one freakish game where he kicks 6. Normally, players who perform like this get a nomination in the back half of the year once all the outstanding candidates have been nominated, but Tom got injured and missed the last 8 rounds or so. Despite that, he played enough games to be ineligible next year, so he doesn't get to have a run like Luke Jackson did where he's had a whole extra year in an AFL system.

The pick we got from North (8) we traded to Fremantle for picks 10, 28 and a 2020 fourth rounder (which I don't think was ever used).

So it's either:

Powell vs Serong

Seems like a big fat win/win trade then. Melbourne got the first round pick they needed sooner to win the flag, North get a player who will come into his prime about the same time as the bulk of the midfield group. Congrats on the flag, Kysaiah is a jet but he wouldn't have done much for us with the way our forward line was functioning this year. Powell is the kind of player we needed more.

So it's either:

Powell vs Serong

It’s a very complicated trade. Someone posted the breakdown a couple of pages back.

So it's either:

Powell vs Serong

In that case, I'm not even sure that debate in isolation is relevant.

We received pick #26 and #50 along with Powell.

We traded pick #26 (Ended up at #30) to Essendon for #35 (Flynn Perez) and Ess. 2020 R2.

The Ess R2 pick was included with Brown for #26 and #33.

We traded #26 for Stephenson and then took Lazzaro at #33.

So it's either:

Powell, Stephenson, Perez and Lazzaro vs Pickett, Brown and Rivers; or
Powell vs Serong.

That comment really got under your skin didn’t it?! Lol.

I’m generally not that type of poster but this thread was bumped by some Dees supporter as a lame troll and now we have you defending Kosi instead.

So it's either:

Powell vs Serong

No it's not.

Here is how we used the 3 picks you gave us for Kosi.

You getting Rivers was just trading back to get picks you already lost to us in the trade.

Here's the full low-down. Pick 39 became Phoenix Spicer.
View attachment 1251573View attachment 1251574

Remove this Banner Ad

Back