We Await Silent Tristero's Empire
Nov 24, 2007
Memorial H
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#BLM
Saw him on TV tonight, I’d only read the name, excellent mullet :thumbsu:

he also ticks the best box you can get in an AFL footballer I think... There he is hedge trimming. He’s got a real job. A hard job.

When you draft him, he’ll be thinking, “right I can trim hedges for 50 years and maybe get somewhere, or I can train ******* hard and play for ten, fifteen years and definitely get somewhere, because work sucks balls.”

This might sound ridiculous but with your history I might sneak $$$ for Rising Star. I know talent, and he will go onto to play 250+, he will be a champion

The last bloke I can clearly remember having left school early and worked before being drafted?

Dustin Martin

Enviable Tradition

Professional Procrastinator
Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

he also ticks the best box you can get in an AFL footballer I think... There he is hedge trimming. He’s got a real job. A hard job.

When you draft him, he’ll be thinking, “right I can trim hedges for 50 years and maybe get somewhere, or I can train ******* hard and play for ten, fifteen years and definitely get somewhere, because work sucks balls.”

This might sound ridiculous but with your history I might sneak $$$ for Rising Star. I know talent, and he will go onto to play 250+, he will be a champion

The last bloke I can clearly remember having left school early and worked before being drafted?

Dustin Martin
Like Robbie Gray in the meat factory (i think it was).

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Tibbs

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Like Robbie Gray in the meat factory (i think it was).

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app
Working in a meat factory gave Robbie Gray the grounding to become an AFL superstar for Port Adelaide
ROBBIE Gray used to work in a sausage factory but there’s a nothing mass-produced about the Port star’s output

MELBOURNE is still asleep when Robbie Gray clocks on for work at a cold, brick building in the city’s east. It’s just before 5am when Gray walks through the doors at Filla Freeza, a meat packing company in Eumemmerring, next door to Dandenong.

For the next 11 hours he will cover every inch of the concrete floor, vacuum sealing meat, lifting boxes and even making sausages. It’s hard yakka even before he gets on the Monash Freeway for the 30-minute drive to training for TAC Cup side, Oakleigh Chargers.

It’s 2006 and for an 18-year-old Gray, an AFL career seems a distant dream. But his mates always said Gray was far better at kicking snags than making them. If the footy world was ever in any doubt over the past eight years, it shouldn’t be now.

Tibbs

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Dustin Martin
Hedge trimming? ... You are selling him short! He is multi-talented, multi-faceted, and multi-skilled ......

He also cuts lawns, is a whizz with the whipper-snipper, and can prune the crap out of anything - Smalls & talls!

Rising Star Guaranteed!

Enviable Tradition

Professional Procrastinator
Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Working in a meat factory gave Robbie Gray the grounding to become an AFL superstar for Port Adelaide
ROBBIE Gray used to work in a sausage factory but there’s a nothing mass-produced about the Port star’s output

MELBOURNE is still asleep when Robbie Gray clocks on for work at a cold, brick building in the city’s east. It’s just before 5am when Gray walks through the doors at Filla Freeza, a meat packing company in Eumemmerring, next door to Dandenong.

For the next 11 hours he will cover every inch of the concrete floor, vacuum sealing meat, lifting boxes and even making sausages. It’s hard yakka even before he gets on the Monash Freeway for the 30-minute drive to training for TAC Cup side, Oakleigh Chargers.

It’s 2006 and for an 18-year-old Gray, an AFL career seems a distant dream. But his mates always said Gray was far better at kicking snags than making them. If the footy world was ever in any doubt over the past eight years, it shouldn’t be now.

Sausage factory

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doctor Feel

Shitposter In Chief
Mar 30, 2009
#BringBackTheBars
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Now he's given us 14 years of working in the meat beating factory.

philthy05

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
adelaide 36ers
wonder if we could trade away 35 to the hawks or WB
Gets them up the order and gives us picks they wont use

Hawks 45 46 49
WB 41 42 54
dogs need points so won't be giving them up to move a pick up that will disappear on a JUH bid.

hawks could be very keen. while there is some sense in trading for more points, if we've already got enough to match a jones bid wouldn't it be better to use 35 to get more picks (and points) in 2021 where we have few and will likely need quite a few. otherwise trade it up which is rumoured to be on the cards.

davo999

Team Captain
Nov 5, 2009
Aldinga Beach
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Dustin Martin
I reckon Robbie Gray had a job when he was drafted

Tibbs

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I reckon Robbie Gray had a job when he was drafted
Maybe scroll up a few posts..

longdonkey

Club Legend
Jul 27, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Dustin Martin
That's funny I had that exact conversation with Jackson Trengove when he was about 19yo.

Remove this Banner Ad