2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread...now with new DFA speculation!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
These douches on trade radio!
Why the F**k we go for Lonie from St Kilda when we can get Higgins from Richmond.
With McCrae coming here & we're not balls deep into Higgins I'd be pissed.
Higgins has a huge ceiling as a small forward/midfield type.
I see him as a Robbie Gray type. Yes that good!
Because Higgins doesn't want to be at Hawthorn and, in fact, he wants to be at St Kilda.

WHY WHY WHY
Would you want to go there seriously!
1 flag in their pathetic history & on the cusp of another false dawn!
If I'm a small forward and I have the choice between rapid, risky ball movement that gives me one on one opportunities to kick multiple goals a game, or slow, methodical, drawn out strings where the end result is asking me to take a screamer 4 on 1 just to get one opportunity at goal, it's not really all that difficult to understand.

If I'm a small forward and I have the choice between rapid, risky ball movement that gives me one on one opportunities to kick multiple goals a game, or slow, methodical, drawn out strings where the end result is asking me to take a screamer 4 on 1 just to get one opportunity at goal, it's not really all that difficult to understand.
I get the suspicion you're not a glass half full person.

im personally not convinced 21 year old fringe players choose teams based on their gameplan and not on opportunity, friends, work environment or money

There is a few on here. Gets a little tiresome after a while.
Yes I know Jen.
Too many fair weathers which is a shame.
I personally think this season as poor as it was, did highlight we need young talent added to the list.
On the other hand a few tweeks can see us progress quicker than expected by some.

im personally not convinced 21 year old fringe players choose teams based on their gameplan and not on opportunity, friends, work environment or money
Higgins is best 22 in at least 15 other other sides.
Just unfortunate that at the Tigers they have a surplus of his type.
Was a gun in the TAC (Morrish Medalist).
Would be a great get for us, as I stated earlier as a handy mid/small forward.

I mean in terms of opportunity he would walk in and play every week barring injury for us. We've just brought Craig Macrae across from Richmond who you'd imagine Higgins having a friendly relationship with given I believe he was the forward coach at Richmond (could he wrong there)

So we're looking at work environment or money from that list. Work environment would include facilities and things like your on field role and how we would best utilise Higgins' strengths, would it not? Waverley is pretty dated now, so it's possible he's not a fan, but that would be somewhat short sighted because Dingley isn't ten years away. Our game plan isn't conducive to small forwards though, as I laid out above. Adding Higgins to the club doesn't mean we flip the tactics completely. Higgins would be asked to grind and work super hard for a few touches a game.

On money, given the Saints are trying to work with the Crows to salary dump two players in order to bump up Crouch's offer so they get band 1 compo and everyone can come out better off, I can't imagine their offer to Higgins being all that staggering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is the possibility we're not interested in Higgins
Also possible. Given our current small forward stocks this would be a surprise though. You're right however, there's every chance we're not interested due to a certain trait, or maybe Macrae has said we should avoid, or maybe even his brain surgery.

I mean in terms of opportunity he would walk in and play every week barring injury for us. We've just brought Craig Macrae across from Richmond who you'd imagine Higgins having a friendly relationship with given I believe he was the forward coach at Richmond (could he wrong there)

So we're looking at work environment or money from that list. Work environment would include facilities and things like your on field role and how we would best utilise Higgins' strengths, would it not? Waverley is pretty dated now, so it's possible he's not a fan, but that would be somewhat short sighted because Dingley isn't ten years away. Our game plan isn't conducive to small forwards though, as I laid out above. Adding Higgins to the club doesn't mean we flip the tactics completely. Higgins would be asked to grind and work super hard for a few touches a game.

On money, given the Saints are trying to work with the Crows to salary dump two players in order to bump up Crouch's offer so they get band 1 compo and everyone can come out better off, I can't imagine their offer to Higgins being all that staggering.

im pretty certain they'd be offering more money than us and are closer to a flag than us which seems like more of a reason than a gameplan which will no doubt evolve as our personnel changes

but also, maybe he knows a coach there from his junior, maybe we haven't even made an offer to him. maybe we think he's s**t. i know it wasnt you that said so but i dont understand why players not choosing hawthorn — even the ones we publicly haven't made an offer for — is a slight on our club. there's 17 other teams and a million reasons why someone might choose not to come

and though i do agree our current style is not great for small forwards i dont think it would be a dealbreaker at all. but hey im not a professional afl player so really i have no idea. would like him at our club over lonie or hunt but i think any of the three could fill an important role for us going into 2021

He plays the same role Dylan Moore does anyway. Both “small fwds” that push up to the flanks and wings and get involved there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back