2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread...now with new DFA speculation!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok having done some homework ...
I predict only 43-48 players will be taken in this draft .
point being
To have 5 picks at the best 45 kids in the country is a huge position to be in .....
Nail it and we turn around very quickly

You would think we would be looking at some ruck depth? Any floating around either via DFA or State leagues worth throwing a life line???
ok having done some homework ...
I predict only 43-48 players will be taken in this draft .
point being
To have 5 picks at the best 45 kids in the country is a huge position to be in .....
Nail it and we turn around very quickly

Downie will likely soak up 2 picks though I would have thought ?

Delecate Des surely Reeves is ready for some ruck depth in year 3.

Downie will likely soak up 2 picks though I would have thought ?

Delecate Des surely Reeves is ready for some ruck depth in year 3.

Losing a year of decent VFL matches will not help, but I hope he gets a few senior games this year to show where he is at?? I don't think he will be in a spot to put pressure on Cegs.

Silly technical question.

If Bulldogs match on JUH at 1 or 2, and thereby sacrifice, for examples sake (can't be bothered looking it up!), picks 14 and 30 and 42. Do picks 15, 31 and 43 move up the draft order and become worth the value of picks 14, 30 and 42? Or are they still allocated their original points value?

If Bulldogs match on JUH at 1 or 2, and thereby sacrifice, for examples sake (can't be bothered looking it up!), picks 14 and 30 and 42. Do picks 15, 31 and 43 move up the draft order and become worth the value of picks 14, 30 and 42? Or are they still allocated their original points value?
I would assume that they have to move up.

Move up.

BTW Dogs traded pick 14 to Collingwood.

Pies actually have two picks inside the top 15 that they'd probably want to move out so that they don't get eaten up when matching a bid for McInnes, except that they've just told their membership that they traded Treloar and Stephenson to get back into the draft. 🤪

Collingwood because they want to get back into the draft 🤭

Oh and because Ned Guy
They have 14 & 16 that they need to get rid of so that they don't get eaten up by their Academy player so it's unlikely they'll do as WWSD wants & give us a Future 3rd for those picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade picks 45,46 and 49 to another club for a future 2nd and 3rd round pick. :$

We need some of those picks to match a bid for Downie. Don’t think we’ll want to go into points deficit next year, given it’s meant to be a very strong draft.

Pies actually have two picks inside the top 15 that they'd probably want to move out so that they don't get eaten up when matching a bid for McInnes, except that they've just told their membership that they traded Treloar and Stephenson to get back into the draft. 🤪
You can trade picks out as soon as bid comes on the night.

I guess they’ll try and trade 14 & 16 for one of bombers picks.. They’d be nervous Dodo is gonna pull a Dodo and bid on McIness just to be a pr•ck cause that’s what he likes to do for fun..

Apropos of not a lot...

A couple of years ago, (or last year), the Swans did some clever pick swapping on the night, but it was seen as exploiting a loophole, rather than a legitimate use of the system, and now whatever they did is not allowed.

Can anyone remember the specifics of what it was? I didn't pay a whole lot of interest at the time, but now pick-swapping is important to us...

Apropos of not a lot...

A couple of years ago, (or last year), the Swans did some clever pick swapping on the night, but it was seen as exploiting a loophole, rather than a legitimate use of the system, and now whatever they did is not allowed.

Can anyone remember the specifics of what it was? I didn't pay a whole lot of interest at the time, but now pick-swapping is important to us...
Now I'm not 100% sure but I think they traded there picks of value after the bid had come. I think the AFL has covered that by making clubs either match or pass immediately after a bid is presented before any other deals can be lodged.

Anyone else remember this situation for a few years back?

Now I'm not 100% sure but I think they traded there picks of value after the bid had come. I think the AFL has covered that by making clubs either match or pass immediately after a bid is presented before any other deals can be lodged.

Anyone else remember this situation for a few years back?
From SEN: The Swans sent pick 26 to the Eagles for a future third-round pick, allowing them to use selections 34, 39 and 40 to match a bid at pick 10 for Nick Blakey. They then immediately traded back into the draft with West Coast, picking up selection 22 in exchange for a future second round pick
Very smart AND they moved up the draft order. If I was the AFL I would have left the loophole open as it makes the draft more interesting.

Move up.

BTW Dogs traded pick 14 to Collingwood.
Interesting. Doesn't this then mean that you end up having a lot more points available than initially planned? Means it can be even cheaper to get the academy picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back