2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread...now with new DFA speculation!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an article on Fox Footy discussing the best fits for Treloar if he was to leave. It narrowed it down to Victorian teams (after Adam said he didn't want to leave the state) and ended up suggesting we were one of the better options. It was nice enough to mention how a probable midfield of Mitchell, Treloar, Worpel and O'Meara would almost instantly be one of the most formidable in the competition.

i would be all for it, but i'm not sure we have the currency to pull a huge trade like this off.

‘four ball butchers? Not sure if serious. Like the idea of smith to geelong for younger runners but why would geelong do that?

Possible team for 2020 - if hypothetical trades and draft picks do occur

Hardwick - Frost - Sicily
Impey - Koschitiski - Scrimshaw
- Shiels - O'Meara - Day
- Bruest - Patton - O. Henry
Gunston - Lewis - Narkle/Burgoyne
Mcevoy - Mitchell - Wingard
interchange: Bruhn/Hollands, Perkins or Moore, Greaves, Worpel or Maginess

Emergency: Scully, Downie, Morrison, O. Mcdonald

I think we need to include Wingard in that midfield for pace as that was something we were clearly lacking. I think our defence is pretty set especially if Koschitske starts to play and does well, additonally if we add O.Mcdonald who could become something. Impey and Scrimshaw need to provide that pace and run which we lacked this year. While Ideally we remove Patton as he is so slow and no x factor. Lewis Mitchell needs to have a massive year. While we have no choice but to play these youngsters as clearly we are lacking young A-grade talent. Oliver Henry and Archie Perkins can be replacements to Gunston and Bruest, with both possibly pushing into the midfield, especially Perkins he is an elite talent.

Worpel has got to find different positions to play in, alongside our other mids. Through our dynasty, we had mitchell as basically our only full time mid while Lewis, Hodge played wing and half back with others like Cyril, Roughead, Bruest, Poppy, Burgyone also pitching in. We need to get worpel and O'meara into different positions to allow others in to provide a challenge and something new to our opponents.

Was difficult to include Shiels in this over Downie, he has always been a 4th midfielder in a team and doesnt really have the package to really challenge the other A-grade midfielders in the league. Maginess needs to really show his talents and cement a place. While Bruhn can be a classy midfielder which we sorely lack, or we could draft Hollands who is the next dangerfield.

Just a guess and food for thought.

Possible team for 2020 - if hypothetical trades and draft picks do occur

Hardwick - Frost - Sicily
Impey - Koschitiski - Scrimshaw
- Shiels - O'Meara - Day
- Bruest - Patton - O. Henry
Gunston - Lewis - Narkle/Burgoyne
Mcevoy - Mitchell - Wingard
interchange: Bruhn/Hollands, Perkins or Moore, Greaves, Worpel or Maginess

Emergency: Scully, Downie, Morrison, O. Mcdonald

I think we need to include Wingard in that midfield for pace as that was something we were clearly lacking. I think our defence is pretty set especially if Koschitske starts to play and does well, additonally if we add O.Mcdonald who could become something. Impey and Scrimshaw need to provide that pace and run which we lacked this year. While Ideally we remove Patton as he is so slow and no x factor. Lewis Mitchell needs to have a massive year. While we have no choice but to play these youngsters as clearly we are lacking young A-grade talent. Oliver Henry and Archie Perkins can be replacements to Gunston and Bruest, with both possibly pushing into the midfield, especially Perkins he is an elite talent.

Worpel has got to find different positions to play in, alongside our other mids. Through our dynasty, we had mitchell as basically our only full time mid while Lewis, Hodge played wing and half back with others like Cyril, Roughead, Bruest, Poppy, Burgyone also pitching in. We need to get worpel and O'meara into different positions to allow others in to provide a challenge and something new to our opponents.

Was difficult to include Shiels in this over Downie, he has always been a 4th midfielder in a team and doesnt really have the package to really challenge the other A-grade midfielders in the league. Maginess needs to really show his talents and cement a place. While Bruhn can be a classy midfielder which we sorely lack, or we could draft Hollands who is the next dangerfield.

Just a guess and food for thought.
2020 season is done
Sicily is Out of the 2021 season with an ACL
Oscar McDonald is s**t

That's why O.Mcdonald is a emergency and a depth player if we had him. We genuinely need some key defence players though, no one knows if Koschitske will be any good.

2020 season is done
Sicily is Out of the 2021 season with an ACL
Oscar McDonald is sh*t
A very pithy rebuttal.

Reading the possibilities it’s draft pick after draft pick for us unless the trade is under 21 and previous first rounder. We r going to b the wilderness years of post 91 and 2001 otherwise. Hanrahan, Lewis, O’Brien, Ceglar can’t play at this level. Gamble the draft don’t reinforce the average

Reading the possibilities it’s draft pick after draft pick for us unless the trade is under 21 and previous first rounder. We r going to b the wilderness years of post 91 and 2001 otherwise. Hanrahan, Lewis, O’Brien, Ceglar can’t play at this level. Gamble the draft don’t reinforce the average
Geez us .....what ???

I’ve read this back a few times, but I’m still struggling with the first and last sentence.

can you explain?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve read this back a few times, but I’m still struggling with the first and last sentence.

can you explain?
I’ll have a crack........

1st sentence: We must use all our draft picks for a few years unless the player we trade for is younger than 21 and a previous first round pick themselves

Last sentence: Put faith in the draft, don’t bring in list cloggers (I think?)

Hawthorns brilliant crushing win against the Gold Coast and Sydney’s pathetic loss against Geelong f§cked our draft hand.

We don’t need Thilthorpe at such a high pick = he is not our guy.

Grainger-Barras was ours until we lost our 3rd place In the que.

Sydney will now get 2 great talents... before we get a pick.

Tenner Bruhn for mine IF our staff thinks he is a quality AFL effort type.
If they think his is not our guy, I’d be happy to see us trade down for multiple lower picks.

Of the reputed top 10 picks, none would disappoint me except if we chose Grainger-Barras.
A good player best taken late in the first round.

We need guys like Perkins, Henry, Campbell and Hollands.
Multi-dimensional, skilful and elite talents with the ability to play mid-fwd or vice-versa.

Hawthorns brilliant crushing win against the Gold Coast and Sydney’s pathetic loss against Geelong f§cked our draft hand.

We don’t need Thilthorpe at such a high pick = he is not our guy.

Grainger-Barras was ours until we lost our 3rd place In the que.

Sydney will now get 2 great talents... before we get a pick.

Tenner Bruhn for mine IF our staff thinks he is a quality AFL effort type.
If they think his is not our guy, I’d be happy to see us trade down for multiple lower picks.

We need everything and I say a young promising potentially elite key forward is at the top of the list . You just have to look at Richmond and Geelong to see how important it is. Thilthorpe struggled this year through injury but still played sanfl seniors for an 18 year old kpp despite his weight is actually still very very raw , so it shows how highly rated he is .

If he doesnt turn it a key forward he has every chance to be a Brodie Grundy type ruckman with pace if he can learn to use his body and weight. He definetly has attributes i can see our club loving ad from memory I think we have very strong SA ties , one reason why we picked day last year .

Translation

Lose
Smith (FA)
Gunston
Bruest
Pick 21

Gain
Merrett
Narkle/Cockatoo
Stevenson/Elliot
Pruess

Keep All current picks except 21

Lowers our age a bit, strenghtens the mids but some really good players going out there.

If we are losing those 3 I'd be temped to go to the draft with 4,7 and 12.

Yep Agreed

TylerDurden would the points trade come into play here do you think?
We can go to the draft with 4 but do the Dogs trade (21,41,43) for 12 and a future pick for Merrit. I’d prefer to go to the draft with that pick to be honest but if Merrit was to nominate then I think 12 would be about right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyler Durden007 would the points trade come into play here do you think?
We can go to the draft with 4 but do the Dogs trade (21,41,43) for 12 and a future pick for Merrit. I’d prefer to go to the draft with that pick to be honest but if Merrit was to nominate then I think 12 would be about right.
Scum will want a lot more than 12 for Merrett, mate.

At least 4 + 12.

*I think you linked the post to the wrong TylerDurden, too.

Real guy below:
TylerDurden

Scum will want a lot more than 12 for Merrett, mate.

At least 4 + 12.

*I think you linked the post to the wrong TylerDurden, too.

Real guy below:
TylerDurden
We've been real quiet of late, so who knows what's in play right now.
I'm assuming if Merrett wants us that it won't be this year. You simply can't trade for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back