Analysis 2020 List, Game Plan and Best 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

I love McLean but Sinclair is ahead of him.

And I think you missed my point about Reid. He's not inconsistent. Not for the position he plays. When he's not marking it he's blocking for someone, contesting the ball on the ground, knocking it to advantage. All the things any coach would want from a tall forward who isn't absolutely elite.

Repeating something 1000 times doesn't make it true. It's just pushing a bullshit narrative.

I don't rate him. Get over it.

I hope he forgets about his "versibility" and becomes the dominant consititiible KPF that he has always shown promise of being.!
Until Joe Daniher turns up next year, at least!
LOL - Horse loves Reid's poetry - especially his verse and recitation. Joe has to get on the park yet and see next season out unscathed. Will only have currency if he is able to play. The battle for Joe's services will certainly heat up if he plays like he did in 2017. We may not be the only suitor.

Assuming Naismith and Sinclair are both fit and ready for R1, do we play 2 rucks? Because we can't fit McCartin, Reid and Buddy in the same forward line if we have 2 rucks (assuming McCartin plays forward and I hope he does)

Seems to be either:
Buddy, Naismith, Sinclair and Reid/McCartin
Buddy, Naismith/Sinclair, Reid and McCartin
Seems to show that Daniher may have been surplus to requirements

All the discussion re McLean vs Reid, should Buddy play upfield and the questions regarding McCartin will all be irrelevant if a fit Daniher is playing with us in 2021.

All the discussion re McLean vs Reid, should Buddy play upfield and the questions regarding McCartin will all be irrelevant if a fit Daniher is playing with us in 2021.
True but this thread is about 2020. Said it before. It's good having selection dilemmas again.

As long as we don't overpay for Daniher please! He's not even training yet!

Other than salary we won't be "paying" for JD if he wants to come to us at the end of 2020. We have two highly rated academy players to "pay" for, Dodo won't be getting a second bite at a good offer from us, it'll be take the compo pick or match at your peril. Don't forget JD hasn't started doing more than walking at present, long way to go yet

Other than salary we won't be "paying" for JD if he wants to come to us at the end of 2020. We have two highly rated academy players to "pay" for, Dodo won't be getting a second bite at a good offer from us, it'll be take the compo pick or match at your peril. Don't forget JD hasn't started doing more than walking at present, long way to go yet

More talking about the salary. He better be playing and not be injured for half a season again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Intersting story for me next year is last year's '2nd chance punts' - Clarke and thurlow.

Personally I think both will struggle for games and will be moved on. There's not much in the way of retirements next year and a few spots have to be freed up outside of the rookie turnover.

We've bolstered depth in both positions and neither seem to be on the upward trajectory that they were punted on.

I also see merit in pumping games into young guys with high ceilings next year, similar to last year, with a view to a long term finals push starting 2021.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

And your opinion isn't justified by any of the metrics available to us to measure a player's output. You are the one that needs to get over it.
Disagree. I'm not a Reid basher but this was apparently one of his best seasons and his stats were comparable to Mitch Brown, who was delisted.

He's in my best 22, but it's not unreasonable to question whether he should be IMO.

Intersting story for me next year is last year's '2nd chance punts' - Clarke and thurlow.

Personally I think both will struggle for games and will be moved on. There's not much in the way of retirements next year and a few spots have to be freed up outside of the rookie turnover.

We've bolstered depth in both positions and neither seem to be on the upward trajectory that they were punted on.

I also see merit in pumping games into young guys with high ceilings next year, similar to last year, with a view to a long term finals push starting 2021.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can’t see a big future with us for either of them. I just think they’re both too limited in what they can bring to the side. They might get games here and there as depth players but there will probably always be someone who can offer more ahead of them.

That’s actually a good thing.
Best case he only plays a few games in 2020, his price drops, he rehabilitates and we land him for 2021.

Good thing?

Call me nuts but I’d want to recruit a player who has actually played a full season

Totally agree. I hope he doesn't get back to full fitness until the second half of next year but then plays the remainder of the year.
I'd expect that the offer put to him will be in the $1M a year range. With plenty of cap space available in 2021 it will be interesting how they structure his RFA contract. Interesting times.

Totally agree. I hope he doesn't get back to full fitness until the second half of next year but then plays the remainder of the year.
I'd expect that the offer put to him will be in the $1M a year range. With plenty of cap space available in 2021 it will be interesting how they structure his RFA contract. Interesting times.

That would be our highest paid player! Jeez I’d be nervous offering that much

Love how hard it is to fit everyone in the 22 right now

Will be different when the games start and we see how it plays out
Very true. Senior AFL footy is one hell of an upgrade & the likes of Cunningham will be doing everything they can to not let go of their senior spot so easily. That is exactly what builds depth. The young guys will be good but need to grab any chance they get with both hands in order to dislodge a more senior player who plays a consistent role for the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back