List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

He's a dinosaur though, he's a mark and kick forward. If he's not marking the ball he's almost a liability. Terrible once the ball hits the deck and I don't think he competes as well as say a Lobb in the ruck. Just my opinion but a Mihocek would be a much cheaper and better option.
I wouldn't want him at Freo. I think we could better spend our money elsewhere given the tall forwards we have already committed too.

But for a team like North who just lacks talent across the ground ... why would you keep what you already have?

I reckon kicking 60 goals a year 3 years in a row is a pretty decent effort.

And even in his down year this year he never went two games in a row without a goal. Compare that with Lobb or Hogan.

Is he an AA KPF? No. But he is a long way away from North's biggest problem.

They will be putting a lot of faith in a Larkey who has only kicked 40 goals in 3 years.
I agree if you that for North its a strange move, but they obviously think they are better off rebuilding from scratch in the forward line. I think a pick between 15-25 probaby does it for him.

I agree if you that for North its a strange move, but they obviously think they are better off rebuilding from scratch in the forward line. I think a pick between 15-25 probaby does it for him.
Its the "rebuilding from scratch" bit that I don't like. Teams that bottom out always have some strong senior players. For us it was Pav, Sandi, McPharlin.

For North its guys like Cunnington, Brown, and hmm well?

It makes it important to keep whatever the talented senior guys you have because a bunch of kids simply can't do it by themselves. Perhaps Simpkin and Thomas and even LDU come on heaps and start winning a lot of mid-field ball. Who are they going to kick it too? Larkey and Thilthorpe? Those two guys will get monstered and beaten up. Better if there is a guy like Brown there helping out even if he never returns to his best (although I don't know why at only 27 anyone would write him off totally.)

Can you name me the quick outside players Brisbane have? The 2nd team on the ladder... Their wingers are more the pace of Acres and Aish than lightning fast.

Not all inside mids are slow either. West Coast play as many inside mids in their best 22 as both Melbourne and Adelaide do yet it is far from a disaster.
I am not expert on other clubs lists.

Cameron has top end pace. Rayner, Hipwood, McClugage have good speed as well.

McCarthy is quick as well.

He's a dinosaur though, he's a mark and kick forward. If he's not marking the ball he's almost a liability. Terrible once the ball hits the deck and I don't think he competes as well as say a Lobb in the ruck. Just my opinion but a Mihocek would be a much cheaper and better option.
When I first read this it was prior to following the conversation & honestly thought you were talking about Tabs, as this was the comment by a few posters on Tabs game only a few months ago.
I thought a bit harsh for a 40 AA rep.

I believe the club wants to keep Hogan, but if he were to move on for whatever reason, then a lead up forward like MopHead would be a suitable replacement.

Let’s face it MopHead/Ben Brown has emotionally had a hard season re personal issues and could do with a stable footy team and coach that Freo could offer. Certainly Norf are a basket case!

A move might be in his best interests, and Freo’s if Hogan moves on.

Just for the record I have no info on whether Hogan is staying or going, just throwing it out there as a replacement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its the "rebuilding from scratch" bit that I don't like. Teams that bottom out always have some strong senior players. For us it was Pav, Sandi, McPharlin.

For North its guys like Cunnington, Brown, and hmm well?

It makes it important to keep whatever the talented senior guys you have because a bunch of kids simply can't do it by themselves. Perhaps Simpkin and Thomas and even LDU come on heaps and start winning a lot of mid-field ball. Who are they going to kick it too? Larkey and Thilthorpe? Those two guys will get monstered and beaten up. Better if there is a guy like Brown there helping out even if he never returns to his best (although I don't know why at only 27 anyone would write him off totally.)
yep, they've got a long long dark road ahead of them and not the memberships or $$ to sustain it. We could be seeing the beginning of the later resulting decision that starts the Tasmanian franchise.

Down to Tassie is such an obvious solution. A merger would need to be accompanied by another, otherwise a bye would be necessary every week. With some costs cut out of the game this year, now would be a good time to get the Tassie operation started.

Down to Tassie is such an obvious solution. A merger would need to be accompanied by another, otherwise a bye would be necessary every week. With some costs cut out of the game this year, now would be a good time to get the Tassie operation started.
There isn't a shortage of financially non-viable clubs in Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back