List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

Exactly how many people have gone to jail in this state for breaching quarantine, even those girls who came here from SA to party with a DJ, one who already had a criminal record got a flight home. The stories involving the Tigers lasted 2 seconds, the West Coast Australian will be feasting on the Hogan story for 2 weeks.
No-one (as far as I know). But that's not really the point. People on here are making it out as if the story is some kind of beat-up, and how dare there be any kind of media coverage.

Well it has the potential to be a serious matter. Hogan may not get charged (perhaps he gets a warning). But he could cop a fine or end up in court.

Even if he gets a warning he has shown, once again, a terrible streak of ill-discipline and a lack of professionalism.

If Cripps does decide Fremantle due to his partner wanting to come home for support, The Blues lose hand.

Cripps is a restricted free agent after next year.

Pick 10 and 2021 first round sounds about right.

I heard Garry Lyon this morning asking Tim Watson if he had heard of a Jaw dropping trade going on atm he didn’t give any details but said it was a front & back pager. I thought for sure this would have have to somehow include Freo.

We would have to give up so much for him. Such a pivotal move that could either end up in a Premiership or absolute disaster!

After committing so many years to a rebuild I’m not sure I’d want to give up the players needed to pull off the trade. Doesn’t he have bad shoulder issues?

Had Tim heard about it?

That's a ridiculous reduction of the arguments that have been put forward. And an insult to the players we do have.

hahahahaha what?
We haven’t won a premiership. If you’re content just sitting back & going to the draft, fine. Players might work out and take us up the ladder. They might not.

I’d rather move some picks and a player if needed to land one of the best mids in the comp to vastly improve the team while we have Fyfe and Walters still running around.

hahahahaha what?
We haven’t won a premiership. If you’re content just sitting back & going to the draft, fine. Players might work out and take us up the ladder. They might not.

I’d rather move some picks and a player if needed to land one of the best mids in the comp to vastly improve the team while we have Fyfe and Walters still running around.
This is phrased as if to suggest the draft is a lottery but getting Cripps is a guaranteed premiership. There is no guarantee that Cripps makes us better than whatever we give up let alone a guarantee of a premiership.

On paper, of course it looks good putting Cripps in the team but the game isn't played on paper.

This is phrased as if to suggest the draft is a lottery but getting Cripps is a guaranteed premiership. There is no guarantee that Cripps makes us better than whatever we give up let alone a guarantee of a premiership.

On paper, of course it looks good putting Cripps in the team but the game isn't played on paper.

no, that’s what you’re interpreting from what I said.

the draft literally is a lottery. There’s no guarantee at all that any player is gonna make it. Could give so many examples of top Picks being busts.

I’m not saying Cripps = premiership.
What I’m saying is that not wanting a top 10 comp mid just cause we have to trade a couple top picks and maybe a player is a loser mentality.

there is far more of a guarantee of Cripps making us better than a speculative pick.

I heard Garry Lyon this morning asking Tim Watson if he had heard of a Jaw dropping trade going on atm he didn’t give any details but said it was a front & back pager. I thought for sure this would have have to somehow include Freo. Did they mention Freo?

We would have to give up so much for him. Such a pivotal move that could either end up in a Premiership or absolute disaster!

After committing so many years to a rebuild I’m not sure I’d want to give up the players needed to pull off the trade. Doesn’t he have bad shoulder issues?

no, that’s what you’re interpreting from what I said.

the draft literally is a lottery. There’s no guarantee at all that any player is gonna make it. Could give so many examples of top Picks being busts.

I’m not saying Cripps = premiership.
What I’m saying is that not wanting a top 10 comp mid just cause we have to trade a couple top picks and maybe a player is a loser mentality.

there is far more of a guarantee of Cripps making us better than a speculative pick.
The draft isn't a lottery because it is weighted and the correlation between pick number and expected quality has been measured. There are no guarantees and nobody disputes this.

Sure, you are not saying Cripps = Premiership but you are implicitly implying that Cripps WILL make us a better team than whatever we give up does. Trading for Cripps is just as much a lottery as giving up a good player and two first rounders is. In fact, given Cripps' age, I suspect that if you actually crunched the numbers, you would expect more AAs out of the other 3 (depending on who the player is).

So don't be condescending. Winners don't just do what numpties on BF suggest. They actually take time to think through things and rely on data to inform decisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope that even on the extremely limited chance that Carltoon table an offer for Patrick Cripps, we respectfully decline, and continue to forge this strengthened club character. Let the West Coast Australian mock us for our unwillingness to barter and "enhance our playing list", we'll be all the better for it!

The draft isn't a lottery because it is weighted and the correlation between pick number and expected quality has been measured. There are no guarantees and nobody disputes this.

Sure, you are not saying Cripps = Premiership but you are implicitly implying that Cripps WILL make us a better team than whatever we give up does. Trading for Cripps is just as much a lottery as giving up a good player and two first rounders is. In fact, given Cripps' age, I suspect that if you actually crunched the numbers, you would expect more AAs out of the other 3 (depending on who the player is).

So don't be condescending. Winners don't just do what numpties on BF suggest. They actually take time to think through things and rely on data to inform decisions.

it is a lottery, because you just simply don’t know what you’re getting until they’re exposed at the level.

Cripps has been exposed for years and put together some elite seasons before a slightly down season this year.

Cripps 100% makes Freo a better team, because I trust Bell & the play makers won’t severely over pay, like the Freo of old might. We will pay the value of what a player like him commands, and you better believe we would jump at it.

imagine Freo stuffing up the trade and Eagles swooping. Be a laughing stock.

the real numpties are the ones suggesting Freo will be fine as is and should ignore top talent wanting in.
There’s no guarantee Freo goes up the ladder next year either btw. Clubs should always be looking to add quality to what they have.

as per your line to data and informed decisions. Actually look at Cripps data the last few years. Elite inside mid.

ill say again what I’ve been saying the whole time, he won’t come anyways. Bleeds blue.

it is a lottery, because you just simply don’t know what you’re getting until they’re exposed at the level.

Cripps has been exposed for years and put together some elite seasons before a slightly down season this year.

Cripps 100% makes Freo a better team, because I trust Bell & the play makers won’t severely over pay, like the Freo of old might. We will pay the value of what a player like him commands, and you better believe we would jump at it.

the real numpties are the ones suggesting Freo will be fine as is and should ignore top talent wanting in.
There’s no guarantee Freo goes up the ladder next year either btw. Clubs should always be looking to add quality to what they have.

as per your line to data and informed decisions. Actually look at Cripps data the last few years. Elite inside mid.

ill say again what I’ve been saying the whole time, he won’t come anyways. Bleeds blue.
Well agree to disagree, we are clearly not on the same page here.

Except the Wiggles are incapable of swooping, as they have zero draft hand.

1. This time of year is why I’m here, all the crazy theories
2. Why are we all so sure it’s Cripps? Surely there are other WA boys this good be?
3. Lyon brought it up again in a speculative piece with McManus on SEN

Angus Brayshaw was born in WA.
If it's Cripps and he chooses us!! Jesus!
Who else is a big fish originally from WA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back